Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book review thread.

Go down 
+2
Pablo
invincibleILeak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

Book review thread. Empty
PostSubject: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 4:58 pm

This may sound swotty or whatever but anyway, like Worthy's game review thread this is where you can review books.

I'll start:

The Bretheren

John Grisham

The book is about a man named Aaron Lake, who works in milliarty, he's called in by the head of CIA who tells me a big secret that is a big bearing.

Menawhile in a federal prison, three ex-judges who call themselves The Bretheren set up a gay extortionest scheme, with the help of their lawyer, Trevor Carter. But what happens when they snare the wrong man.

This book has a gripping plot line and is superbly written, it's the 3rd book of John Grisham I have read and all three have been great, his writing is terrific and makes you feel as if you are inside it, he manages to join everything up and his characters are detailed and you fell is if they exist, he manages to let everything fall into place, with no complecations or too many plots, and he ends it brilliantly.

I would recomened it to anyone who enjoys murder novels, or law novels.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 pm

this weeks nuts magazine

tits galore Very Happy
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Hahahaha Pablo

Good review...Im off to purchase
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 pm

On a seriosu note last books ive read

1) Gerrards auto biography book-ok but ist just a sympathy story about how he nearly lost his toe and doesnt really slagg anyone of other than Les Red and Patrick Berge
3/5

2) HattonUPDATED after the mayweathear fight ,great autobiogrpahy and some really funny storys

4/5

3)Freddi Flintofs autobiography -old one after the ashes win -SHIT enough sais
1/5

4) Chris Moyles the gospel according t him-Book1- Great book funny storys and doesnt hold back on who he hates.

5/5

5)Derren Brown-tricks of the mind-not finished yet

?/?

i also want to ead moyles second book as you can tell they are all autobiographys cause there the best ones IMO not kid storys. Also never been near a harry potter or lord of the rings in my life lol. never read a wrestling book only powerslam mag must read one
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
gunner1978
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
gunner1978

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Here's some of the wrestling books Ive read and how i rate them

Kurt angle ,its true ,its true. Its not that good the man really loves himself it starts to get
on your wick at the halfway mark 4/10

Mankind;A tale of blood and sweatsocks. All i can say about this book is that its the best
wrestling read ever if you have never read it get it its class 10/10

Hulks book;Full of B.S some funny stories in it but that's about it 3/10

Chyna ,if only they knew; fuck that if only i knew complete shit 0/10 a wast of trees

Shawn Michael's story; A very good read from start to fin 8/10

Bobby the Brain; one of my top 5 books ever i could not put it down!!try to get it 10/10

Stone colds bio; i was in a rush to read this one but was a bit of a let down still not a bad read but 6/10

Foley is good; good is right but not great this is nowhere near his first,starts well but drifts off half way thou the book gets very hard to keep in to after that 5/10

The rocks says; well i say its crap stays as the rock for near the whole book,should of been a class read but lets down big tine 1/10

The wrestling;a book about the old british game,not a bad book as long as know the likes of Kendo Nagasaki,big daddy and giant haystacks i loved the old stuff its the first wrestling i ever seen 8/10

Ric flair to be the man;brill book the man is one mad sob been thou so much you wood wonder how he went on for so long 10/10

Chris Jericho a Lions tale; such a F,N good book another that i could not put down so Meany lol bits in it and strong storys in it,its no wonder he only got up to when he got to the wwf/e i now cant wait till his 2nd
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:10 pm

I have read alot of the same books as you, apart from rocks, chyna and foleys

Others I have read are

Eddie guerreros- TALES OF TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS AND THE EXTENET OF DRUGS IN WRESTLING. VERY GOOD READ 9.5/10

William regal- Good solid book, interesting read. Worth a go if your a regal fan, or a fan of british wrestling 7/10

Dynamite kid- olid book, Really, really good read. Take what he says with a pinch of salt 8/10

Hardyz- Done prematurely. Hopfully they will redo in a couple of years 5/10

Rise and fall of ECW- Solid book, time line and misses alot out. Told me everything I new already but nothing new. For dye hard ECW fans only 5/10

Eddie Graham- i enjoy the old wrestling stories, traveling between territories. Book was engrossing. Tells a lot of truth and towards the end I lost a lot of respect for him 9/10

Matt hughes- Mediocre at best. Not much actiuall happens to a UFC fighter in reality. Some good stories but not much else 3/10

Terry funk- Currently reading, very disappointed but I am determined to read. No structure to the book and for a man who has wrestled for 40 years he loves every1
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 pm

i readed many books Maradonas book is class,Peles is allrite,Niall Quinns is class,Eragom is shite,that book about pirates was good,Percy jackson was good,The rrest were average
Back to top Go down
gunner1978
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
gunner1978

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 am

tony adams books a good read
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book review thread.   Book review thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Book review thread.
Page 1 of 1