Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ECW Review 5/8/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

ECW Review 5/8/08 Empty
PostSubject: ECW Review 5/8/08   ECW Review 5/8/08 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Matt Striker is standing in for Tazz, he's quite good on the mic, we'll see how he fares.

Chavo and Neeley vs. Ortiz and Bourne

Neeley is made to look rather weak getting dominated by Ortiz. Neeley IMO, doesn't have the look or the skills to go far, even as a bodyguard he doesn't look good, and his size isn't gonna get him far with the people in WWE, I don't think he'll last long.
Bourne comes in, he gets quite a good crowd reaction for a new guy, I expect him to get far and quickly. But Neeley starts the offence and it makes him look weaker than Ortiz, whih is a bad idea IMO.
I like Chavo Guerrero, he is a good heel IMO, proper old style, low blows, poke in the eye etc. Bourne allowed to do some flashy moves, he looks like a mix between Rob Van Dam and Mysterio. Ortiz IMO has a very limited move-set and isn't as over as Bourne. A roll up from Bourne won it. Weak ending IMO, made everyone in the match look weak, the whole match was a bit weird.

2/5

Promo from Mike Knox?

He says he'll show why he beat up Finlay last week. Shows part of the SummerSlam advert wit Finlay dancing with Hornswoggle, says he's a joke etc. He needs to get rid of the beard looks like a right prat.
I thought the rpomo was doing quite good, he's not something special but he did okay on the mic. Finlay's annoying music hits. Finlay is okay on the mic, can't help but think he's wasted as a face. I think his promoing style is much more suited to being heel and so is his in-ring style, Horsnowggle ruined Finlay IMO. Ending ruined it IMO. Knox just walked off when Finlay said hit me. I'm hoping this is continued later.

2.5/5

Last chance for Armando Estrada to win an ECW contract. vs. Tommy Dreamer.
Can see this being a squash for either guy. Colin Delaney runs in when Dreamer has Estrada upside down in the turnbuckle. Gets a chair turns around Dreamer's there, he jumps behind the commentatory table. IMO Delaney should go now, or at least be allowed to look a little stronger, maybe get a bodyguard or whatever. Delaney gets up again and his head is smashed into the turnbuckle, he's good for bumps. Estrada has the advantage. Estrada gets a roll up win. It was an okay match IMO, not much happened, very short, I just want Dreamer vs. Delaney Extreme Rules and for Delaney to take loads of bumps.

1.5/5

I get my wish, next week he's gonna get Dreamer in a Extreme Rules match, I swear I wrote the above before I saw that segment. HA I can't believe that happened.

More attitude era footage, same on the one on smackdown with mick and edge. But nice to see it still being shown.

Braden Walker vs. James Curtis

Curtis is either a jobber or part of the talent initiative, we'll see from the match. Walker (Harris) looks good in the ring, I don't watch TNA so don't know how good he is, but in this match he just showed off his strength and did a couple of arm bar/locks. It seems Curtis is a new guy not a jobber, he got some offensive and Grisham and Striker spoke about him as if he's staying. Walker used lots of clotheslines, apparently he 'likes' them. Hits a suplex and gets the win. Still can't decide whether Curtis was a jobber or not, he looked okay in the ring.

2/5

I'll take time to talk about Striker. He was quite good, didn't play a full on heel, I think if we have Tazz back on SD and we could have Striker there, he played more of a tweener, was interesting to listen to IMO, and seemed to know what he was talking about unless WWE just told him what to say, either way he was good IMO.

Now is for what I was waiting for, it had been built up quite alot during the show: The Dirt Sheet.
Oh this is funny, have Mark Henry on the titatron but it's just a picture with someone elses lips doing the noises. You have to watch for it to be properly funny. I thought it was too childish to be proper funny but the digs at Matt not being as good as his brother and Henry being fat were quite good. Matt still doesn't appeal to me on the mic, he really bores me, and I'm am desperate for him to turn heel. Ends with miz and Morrison being beaten up.

3/5

Not a very good ECW IMO. last week was much better. It lacked anything that caught my eye, and with the rising standards of WWE I expected more. the highlight was The Dirt Sheet but even then that wasn't anything special.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

ECW Review 5/8/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Review 5/8/08   ECW Review 5/8/08 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:17 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
Neeley IMO, doesn't have the look or the skills to go far, even as a bodyguard he doesn't look good, and his size isn't gonna get him far with the people in WWE, .

uh? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

ECW Review 5/8/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Review 5/8/08   ECW Review 5/8/08 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Thought it was business as usual for ECW really, dunno why people expecting an incredible show.

First match was good but too short and I didn't like Neeley getting pinned like that from Bourne. Hardly much of a bodyguard getting pinned by one of the smallest people in WWE.

I'm actually looking forward to Finlay and Knox, I like both of them in the ring (but not out) so they could have a few good matches.

Then Dreamer and Estrada, utterly pointless. At least let 'em have a match. Love seeing Delaney get hurt though, what a legend.

Walker and Curtis was quick and painless, haven't seen enough of Walker yet to judge him properly.

The dirt sheet was ok I suppose, hard to get excited arounf Henry and Matt Hardy though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECW Review 5/8/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Review 5/8/08   ECW Review 5/8/08 Empty

Back to top Go down

ECW Review 5/8/08
Page 1 of 1