Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ECW 29/7/08 Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Highlights of Matt winning the No.1 contender match. He comes out and starts a promo, before being interupted by Mark Henry and Tony Atlas. I like Tony Atlas, he makes a good manager for Henry and I hope he stays on after Henry loses the title. Henry bends a steel pole/bar, and Atlas says he'll do the same to Hardy. Hardy says I fight back, you can break my bones but you can't break my spirit, a bit too cheesy IMO, but it was an okay segment.
2.5/5

Oh and Todd Grisham is ECW's new announcer he was quite good having a few arguments with Tazz but nothing special.

Then we had this new guy Ricky Ortiz against Chavo, who came out with bam Neeley. I thought this match was good, Ricky has a good mix of power and athleticism, overpowering Chavo but also some high-flying moves. I like Chavo in the ring, he plays the heel really well in it. Chavo starts going for the pin has foot on ropes, Bam holds it down, ref sees it, disqualification. Bam looks quite good, full nelson into half nelson slam and then holds him down for the frog splash. Then Evan Bourne comes in, a few dropkicks then runs away. He looks good in the ring too and I can see a feud between Evan/Ricky vs. Chavo/Neely.
3/5

Then we had a promo with Colin, Henry and Atlas, they explain that they abondened him so he can prove himself, go against Matt Hardy tonight for your next test. I can't see Colin lasting much longer in the WWE.
2/5

Then we had Miz and Morrison vs. Finlay and Hornswoggle. It was quite a good match, with Finlay looking good in the ring, minimal amount of Hornswoggle. Finlay doesn't tag Hornsowggle in all match, he's about to finish the match, Hornsowggle tags himself in and gets slammed hard by Morrison, 1...2..3! Considering Hornswoggle is the one taht the crowd really loves, I see an instant heel-turn if Finlay turns on Hornswoggle which I think they might have been hinting on. Mike Knox comes out smashes Finlay's head in. Then he does a promo saying Finlay's turned soft.
3/5

Weird promo involving Matt and this random new guy.
1/5

Matt vs. Colin
Not a total squash, Delaney hits a missile drop kick to Matt, henry and Atlas after promosing to be by ringside just stay on the ramp. Matt hits Twist of Fate wins. Henry comes down, and chucks Delaney out of the ring, I think he might of landed awkawardly on his arm, I'm not sure.
2.5/5

It was an ok show, with Miz and Morrison and the talent initiative the best parts ATM, Grisham was straight forward and just said what was going on. Finlay looks good. I like Atlas as Henry's manager and Matt is still boring both in and out of the ring.
Whole show: 2.5/5
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Good review, although, Ricky Ortiz is utter bullox mate. Dude does a nice dropkick, but nothing else that has really stood out in his 2 matches. Evan Bourne show's him how to land a well placed drop kick too lol.

I dont see either Bourne or Ortiz going into any fued's yet, they need to build some sort of foundation to, develop themself's abit more, then maybe set up a fued in a couple more month's, I dont think this Chavo/ Neely thing is anything of substance.

I cant see what else they can do with delaney either, job out every week? Or release? Not much else for him, I reckon he's gone by the end of '08. Same with 'swoggle, they just dont know what to do with him, bar have him in sporadic fued's on Finlay's part.

Oh and that 'random new guy' is the wrestler formally known as 'Wild Cat', Chris Harris, didn't really get what that segment was about?

Also this talent initiative, seem's daft getting all these new guy's on the brand with the shortest TV slot? You see a guy in a match, then miss a week, next week he's in a segment backstage, then 2 week's after that he's got his 2nd match? Abit easier to do it on SD imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:46 pm

I knew Chris Harris was on ECW didn't know it was him. What was it all about?

I think Ortiz is good just needs to have a couple more months maybe allow him to have a few backstage segments and he'll be good. Evan Bourne. although, is alot more over, and I think will develop quicker and I can see him on Smackdown around the time of the Royal Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:59 pm

Harris + hardy was a combination of "LOL he was once a wildcat himself" and getting harris tv time
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
Harris + hardy was a combination of "LOL he was once a wildcat himself" and getting harris tv time

Glad you thought so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW 29/7/08 Review   ECW 29/7/08 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

ECW 29/7/08 Review
Page 1 of 1