Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Collection Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Vintage Collection Review Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:06 pm

So yesterday signaled the start of the latest 'classics' incarnation from WWF folklore and I must admit I am really looking forward to these weekly shows

Match 1

Demolition v The Rockers

A complete teaser to how it used to be with two all time great tag teams going up against one another in what was a total contrast in styles yet all four guys proved how easy it was when those said guys could all work, I was slightly disappointed this match was not in its entirety, however it was without doubt a good match and I liked the finish, I miss those sneaky finishes that look real, to often these days its only a guys finisher that will put out his opponent, a good double team move that could realistically knock someone out is a far better way to finish a match surprisingly and quickly, and it also adds to the believability of the occasion in my own humble opinion!

Winners and still WWF Tag Team Champions - Demolition

Match 2

The Undertaker v Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka

Snuka was on his way down in the WWF in early 91 when this match took place, this must have been one of the final times Brother Love managed the Undertaker, Heenan made this match for me with his commentary, it was a routine Taker match for the time, he was in great shape back then, still is today, I think I possibly didn't realise just how good a condition he actually was, Snuka looked as if he was on the juice big time at this point, I can not remember him being so big, anyway it was a little teaser of the match that would see Undertaker start his WM Streak only a couple of months later

Winner - The Undertaker

Match 3

The Macho Man Randy Savage v Andre The Giant

Savage will be remembered by the fans who grew up watching him as one of the greatest and his first run as world champion will be remembered fondly by many fans, he was immense and in the shape of his life, had a great look and his in ring technique was brilliant and was good on the mic, everything I just said to talk up Savage can be completely forgotten if we are going to discuss Andres ability at this point in his career, he was slow, struggling badly, was never able to really talk and did not look good at all in the ring, it was only a year and a half since he was headlining Wrestlemania and only 10 months since he was the major heel in the WWF (screwing Hulk for the title for Di Biase) but he was never going to put on a match with Savage, Randy tried his damndest to make the match look good but he was always fighting a losing battle.

Bobby Heenan got involved near the end and in typical Hennan style paid the price when his guy got DQ'ed

Winner - And Still WWF Champion - Macho Man Randy Savage

Match 4

Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff v 'The Incredible' Hulk Hogan

Mean Gene told us before the match that Hulkamania was indeed born only a month previous to this encounter when he first won the WWF title, now back at MSG for the first time he faced off against Orndorff who was in great shape and was always a great in ring technician, Orndorff and Hogan had a pretty good match and Hogan looked as good as you will probably see him, Orndorff hit a brilliantly stiff looking Piledriver which was his finisher at the time, and played up to the crowd as usual, inevitably after that Hogan kicked out and Hulked up, there was still a few twists though and Orndorff got the better of him once again, going for the Piledriver again only this time Hogan reversed it and back dropped him out the ring for the count out victory.

BEST MATCH
The Rockers v Demolition

WORST MATCH
Superfly v The Undertaker

Good start to the show, I still get annoyed though when we have to sit through breaks in play during matches, surely in taped shows they can do something about this, I also thought the Rockers v Demolition should have been shown in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Where abouts are they showing this Classics programme? If I can get to see some more classic tag action that would be awesome, probably be more likely to watch that than I am RAW these days.
Back to top Go down
fe®gie22™
Spammer
Spammer
fe®gie22™

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:13 pm

and Sky sports 3 at 11pm Sundays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks, and thanks. Shall probably watch that episode when I get home tonight, and try and tune in when it's on this week.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Guns, I was thinking the same when I wrote that review, I was looking more forward to the classic last night than RAW this week
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 6:41 pm

Yeah I think I'd rather watch Demolition vs The Rockers than say Bobcore & Cody vs Santino & Carlito. Plus even though it no doubt sucked, I'd still be interested to see Savage vs Andre. Nice to see that the classics they are showing are from the 80's and early 90's. I still love going back and watching all the old Colliseum video's they used to make.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 pm

how long is the show?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Its an hour long!

Its on here so just look for it and you can watch it
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Guns, I agree with you, I love watching the WWF from 1987-19992

Watching Macho Man have a feud with the likes of Steamboat, Roberts, Rude and Hogan along with his legendary seriers of matches with the Warrior and later on Flair you realise just how good these guys where, there look, there attire and there music and charisma

Tag Teams like the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Demolition and Strike Force and later on The Rockers, the Twin Towers, LOD, Power & Glory and the Rogoue Brothers, that tag team division was fantastic, and you cant forget Powers Of Pain and Andre and Haku and the Orient Express then later on it was the Nasty Boys, the Natural Disasters and the fantastic Money Inc

That is 15 tag teams who where all good tag teams and had good chemestry, they all showed signs of wanting to improve and do as well as possible as a TEAM, now a tag team is just a means to put themselves in the shop window for the certain single push they will receive at the first sign of needing fresh blood in the singles divisions
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Guns, I agree with you, I love watching the WWF from 1987-19992

Watching Macho Man have a feud with the likes of Steamboat, Roberts, Rude and Hogan along with his legendary seriers of matches with the Warrior and later on Flair you realise just how good these guys where, there look, there attire and there music and charisma

Tag Teams like the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Demolition and Strike Force and later on The Rockers, the Twin Towers, LOD, Power & Glory and the Rogoue Brothers, that tag team division was fantastic, and you cant forget Powers Of Pain and Andre and Haku and the Orient Express then later on it was the Nasty Boys, the Natural Disasters and the fantastic Money Inc

That is 15 tag teams who where all good tag teams and had good chemestry, they all showed signs of wanting to improve and do as well as possible as a TEAM, now a tag team is just a means to put themselves in the shop window for the certain single push they will receive at the first sign of needing fresh blood in the singles
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah and when an actual tag team does exist these days, the minute they start to get over, they split them up like MNM and recently Cade & Murdoch. WWE no longer sees the value in tag wrestlers, as they don't think they can draw money. These days that is true as WWE has conditioned fans not to care about tag teams as they are frequently used as jobber fodder for the likes of HH and Cena in handicap matches. If they were to actually get serious about the tag division, then I have no doubt that people would care again, and that requires actual teams not just 2 guys thrown together, and for the titles to be defended on PPV. I remember growing up, and I liked the Road Warriors and Demoliton every bit as much as I did The Ulitmate Warrior and Randy Savage. There is a market for tag wrestling, if only WWE truly wanted it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:05 pm

That is something that TNA must realise if they are to reach there potential, probably most will watch WWE for the main event scene however with the X-Division they already have something remotely unique however if they really get into the tag market they could and by all accounts there tag division has been good in the last year then I think its there best opportunity to maybe not beat the WWE but certainly live with them and push up there ratings
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:14 pm

The TNA tag division was definitely one of the reasons to watch TNA for a long, long time. It took a bit of a hit with Angle holding all titles, and then the Team Pacman debacle. Things have looked to be getting back on track, with LAX, Team 3D, MCMG, RnR Infection, but ideally there should be a few more tag teams there to fill things out a bit. really looking forward to this weeks Impact, as the World X-Cup kicks off with MCMG vs Yoshino & Doi, could be some pretty good tag wrestling if given time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Yea I was enjoying there tag division and even liked Tomko and Styles as the champs, although I felt they held them for far to long, its a shame what happened with the Machine Guns, after not blading it hurt them badly in terms of booking, although I have not watched much if any TNA lately I understand they are getting back on track
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah they finally won in a dark match at the PPV. I am expecting them to start racking up the wins again though, with them representing Team TNA in the X-Cup, they're almost guaranteed to be pretty successful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Collection Review   Vintage Collection Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage Collection Review
Page 1 of 1