Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS

Go down 
+2
bazz23-v2 ®™
thegunman84
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS Empty
PostSubject: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Thought I'd do a review of ther latest Ring of Honor PPV which aired at the weekend.

Opening Match: Kevin Steen & El Generico vs Ruckus & Jigsaw
Decent opening match here, not too keen on the Vulture Squad, but Steenerico always put on a good show. Good battle between 2 teams looking to get into tag title contention. Steenerico justly getting the victory here with a Swanton\Frogsplash combo. **3/4

Match 2: Davey Richards vs Claudio Castagnoli
Another decent match, nothing spectacular though. Claudio really has the fans behind him, and I feel he could be possibly be in line to be the next World champ. Davey Richards however is a definite midcarder, he has some good moves, but there seems to be something missing. Nice move here by Richards as he turns a Northern Lights Suplex into the Kimura which is a nice looking submission hold. Claudio gets the win with a big uppercut. **1/4

Match 3: Brent Albright, Pelle Primeau & Delirious with Daizee Haze vs. Adam Pearce, Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards with the rest of Sweet & Sour Inc

Good heated brawl from this match, the faces initially gain the upper hand only for Sweet & Sour Inc to interfere and turn the tide. Classic tag team formula as Albright continually keeps trying to come in, distracting the ref and allowing the heels to tripleteam Primeau and Delirious. HUGE pop for the hot tag to Albright who cleans house with a bunch of power moves. End comes with Albright trapping Edwards and hitting him with repeated knee strikes. ***

After the match Sweet & Sour Inc beatdown Albright, and pearce reveals the contents of his bag, the NWA World Title. Larry Sweeney puts it over big with it's history etc, and declares it the main prize in RoH.

Match 4: Erick Stevens vs Roderick Strong (Fight Without Honor)
This is exactly what you'd expect from these guys. they've had a very intense fued over the last several months, and what better way to put an end to it than with a Fight Without Honor. Lot's of stiff shots in this match as you can imagine, chops galore. Nice spot as Stevens sets up a chair in the middles of the ring, lifts Strong up for a TKO but is reversed and Strong suplexes him through the chair, nice! Both men go to the apron where Strong earlier set up a ladder from the ring to the baricade, Strong tries something but is reversed into a TKO on that ladder, awesome looking move. Back in the ring Strong sets up the ladder, which is HUGE! About the size of WWE's big ridiculous ladder they bust out on occassion. To the top of the ladder they go and battle it out, Strong gets the advantage and superplexes Stevens off the ladder through a table OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!! Both men look to be counted out, but Stong manages to get an arm across Stevens for the pin. Absoluttely fantastic match here. ****1/2

Match 5: RoH World Title-Nigel McGuinness vs Go Shiozaki
Another match with plenty of stiff shots, Shiozaki is probably the only guy in RoH who can rival Roderick Strong in terms of brutal chops, not that that should be surprising considering he was trained by Kenta Kobashi. Good back and forth match with Shiozaki getting several near falls from a moonsault, go flasher and a jawbreaker lariat of his own. McGuinness eventually picks up the expected win with a jawbreaker lariat setting up the london dungeon. ***1/2

Video recap of the rivalry between Jimmy Jacobs and Austin Aries. Jacobs wanted Aries in The Age of the Fall, but instead Aries started banging Jacobs girl Lacey, and they have had a heated rivalry since.

Main Event: RoH World Tag Titles-Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs Austin Aries & Bryan Danielson
RoH is the only promotion today who could have the tag titles headline a PPV, something which TNA used to be able today, but don't really care about the tag titles quite so much. Anyway this should be a really good match between 2 of the best workers in the world today and the whiny emo kids. And we start with a DQ after both Jacobs and Aries go at each other with chairs. Ref restarts the match after both men have calmed down. Good storytelling in this match, as each time Jacobs or Aries are tagged in they go after their rival whether they are the legal man or not, feel the hatred! Excellent match here with both sides having periods of dominance and it would be believable for either side to win it. Eventually it all breaks down with Danielson and Black the legal men, while Aries and Jacobs brawl on the outside and eventually to the back. Nice battle between the remianing two, with Danielson getting the cattle mutilation locked on, but Black valiantly struggles and gets a foot on the ropes. Black fights back and nails the small package driver for a near fall. Eventually Black nails another small package driver followed by the phoenix splash to pick up the win. ****!/2

After the match Nigel McGuinness comes out to tell Bryan Danielson he doesn't deserve a title shot as he couldn't even beat Tyler Black who McGuinness defeated at the last PPV. McGuinness declares he wont face Danielson until he has beaten everybody McGuinness has. The Danielson vs McGuinness fued rages on, and is in my opinion the best fued in modern times, based on who truly is the best in the world

Overall I'd say this was an excellent PPV, better than anything WWE or TNA have produced this year with the exception of Wrestlemania and Lockdown. Rating ****
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Don't you think the Danielson/McGuinness feud has been going on a bit too long now??
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm

for me it's the sort of rivalry that can be brought forth time and time again. Much like Angle vs Benoit, Austin vs The Rock, Flair vs Steamboat, Flair vs Sting etc. They haven't faced each other for a while now, so I definitely think it's fine to bring it back off the shelf, plus Danielson is one of the people who would be considered as a possibility to take the title from McGuinness, so it does add that edge too.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I like the mguiness and danielson feud. They are that good that each match is different. They could spice it up and chuck KENTA in the mix. Hes feuding with danielson in NOAH

Big fan of ROH and if this is as good as you say then I will be looking out for this
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Aye it's definitely worth a look, not quite as good as Undeniable or Rising Above in my opinion, but about on a par with the last PPV Take No Prisoners which had a definite match of the year candidate on it.
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Where do you watch it Gunman?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 pm

I just downloaded it from a torrent site, http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net lots of good stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:00 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
for me it's the sort of rivalry that can be brought forth time and time again. Much like Angle vs Benoit, Austin vs The Rock, Flair vs Steamboat, Flair vs Sting etc. They haven't faced each other for a while now, so I definitely think it's fine to bring it back off the shelf, plus Danielson is one of the people who would be considered as a possibility to take the title from McGuinness, so it does add that edge too.

Was just asking to be honest, I don't know all that much about ROH but try and read as much as I can, i just always see McGuinness/Danielson are feuding. lol

From the little Iv seen of McGuinness, the guy is a brilliant heel.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Yeah McGuinness is definitely a great heel, much better than he is as a face which I found kinda boring. Never used to watch much RoH either til i found a decent torrent site that had a lot of their shows on it, using that i was able to gain a better understanding of the storylines at work in the promotion.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Mguiness is a good heel. But danielson in my opinion is better at that. I love the guy but he can hold the crowd in the palm of his hand. Whether 50 people or 5000.

Ive seen some great stand out performances. Alot in NOAH. But also in ROH
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Might download a few myself now. Cheer's mate. Ive been watching a few of those highlight clip's they put up on YT but it dont really show you much.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:56 pm

I might have to watch it, thanks for showing me where
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 pm

I second what doom said, nice one gunns
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
I second what doom said, nice one gunns

that like never happens....

ever
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Well its a special occasion(my b-day) so I thought id mark it with a one off post. Wink
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Oh and happy B-Day Bazz lol. lickarse
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:20 pm

HA didn't even know it was his birthday

All the best mate
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:23 pm

That you ladies. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS   RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS Empty

Back to top Go down

RoH Respect Is Earned II PPV Review SPOILERS
Page 1 of 1