Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ECW Spoiler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:56 am

Great show for me this week, thought it was excellent and the 1 hour time slot is perfect for it IMO, alright plenty of talent do not get on but the guys who do always look to be putting on a good show

Firstly, Teddy Long is back in a GM role, and with his mic ability then that can only be a good thing. Estrada is not the greatest but could be a good manager(who gets involved)

The Fatal Four Way Match was a decent viewing, not a patch on the One Night Stand ECW match but it was alright and Chavo and John Morrison are really enjoyable to watch for me at the moment, particularly Chavo who is a complete throw back of a typical 80's heel and I am enjoying it

Getting Matt Hardy onto the show is a good thing, it shows that the WWE are serious in trying to make the show reputable, alright he wasn't in a big match and it didn't last too long but his presence was there and it was valuable IMO plus the WWE have got some continuity in the Estrada/Delaney angle which is good even if its not riveting in-ring action.

Matt Sydal was given an appearance and while I knew he would be appearing I thought he would have got more of a show that that, I think he was picked because he can take a damn good bump, I read someone say he got good offence int he match, I must say WHAT!!!!!!!!! - He got little offence at all apart from a good head scissers which he connected with perfectly, but that apart I find it hard to remember him doing anything other than taking bumps, on the other hand Shelton looked brilliant, was allowed to show boat a little and do a good few power moves as well as show how agile he was, his move to end the match was crazy as hell and a great bump from both Sydal and Kingston.

Kingston sounded excellent on the mic and could very well be over with the crowd when they finally allow him to start doing some promos, I am really enjoying this feud with Benjamin, I think this could seriously develop into a top class feud that could carry over onto other brands and could have a slow burner feel to it for years (where they always seem to end up back to each other in a quest for one title or another)

The Main event was a good showing, Kane does have ability despite his apparent lack of fitness compared to Kane of yesteryear but on ECW this week he proved he still has the ability and if he is in the ring with someone who knows what they are doing then Kane will more times than not have a good match, CM Punk looked great too, I thought his movement was good and he helped Kane through the match with some spots although he looked good doing some spots on Kane too, which isn't always easy because Kane can look so stiff at times.

John Morrison and The Miz have looked good for months but lately they have been making the step up, and I thought jumping the ECW Champion at the end of the night and giving him a beat down only adds to there prestige, The Miz is really impressing me these days, he is getting better by the week, Superlatives are running out on describing Morrison but Miz has been brilliant as well and with Morrison gaining most of the recognition I feel Miz has been allowed to just get on with it nice and slowly!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:57 am

ECW Rating - 4/5
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:58 pm

i agree, it was a good show. (I noticed how they kept kelly kelly and mike knox off of it).
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:31 pm

The show was re-written on monday morning after the ECW creative team handed Vince the show on paper, it had 2 matches and about 6 angles/backstage segments.

He ordered it to be re-written as 'a wrestling show'

Is this the start of the 'Big Changes' ?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Well if it is good, because it was a pretty good show and a very good main event.

I just hope some of that thinking filters trough to Raw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Yes I read somewhere that it had been rewritten a couple of times with backstage segments the main focus of the show before Vince finally ordered it to be a wrestling show with minimal backstage segments, which where pretty good though.

I like segments, they help with the continuity of the storyline on many occasions but for a one hour show I believe minimal segments should be used on ECW, while I know the need for the modern wrestler to be able to talk I believe getting guys onto the commentary team are the best way to do that, while the Live crowd may not hear them all the other fans will and will have a chance to be impressed or disappointed while Teddy Long can have the backstage segments with whoever is needed in the angle
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Its a shame its so close to the draft, you just know that ECW will lose out of it, However the big winner in all of this could and should be the Miz

I feel Morrison and Punk will go to the bigger brands, so hopefully Miz, Benjamin and Kingston who sounded really good on the commentary (even if Adamle had to cheese out with 'Jamaican Me Crazy' lol! ) can rise and with guys like Kane and possibly a few more good pros alongside them like Finlay and maybe even DH Smith for a chance to shine it could still continue to progress
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Draft is in two weeks, we'll see then. With luck ecw gets some more talent.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:43 pm

It will get talent but I doubt it will be better than whats allowed to walk out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECW Spoiler Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Spoiler   ECW Spoiler Empty