Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to get Umaga over!

Go down 
+7
Joker-C4lum
bazz23-v2 ®™
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
He is back
Marty McFry
Doomhammer
the-gaffer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Umaga having a new finisher is a good call, his spike to me comes a cross as to weak of a finisher, maybe just as a trademark move instead.

Possible finishers for Umaga?

Double arm DDT (Mick Foley used...)

Powerbomb (think it may be called a sit down powerbomb where he literally sits down when he hits it and pins)

Even his own version of the Crossface, maybe call it the samoen lock or something

Rock Bottom... seeing as it was used by a fellow samoen then im sure he'd get away with that.. with a name change of course (i dont know the official name of that move)

So nothing major needs to happen for me with Umaga

*Manager
*New Finisher
*Learn BASIC English for promo's, literrally minimal words otherwise it would be stupid

Even smaller things could freshen him up, more intimidating music maybe...
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:55 pm

[C4lum][TexasRattlesnake] wrote:
Umaga having a new finisher is a good call, his spike to me comes a cross as to weak of a finisher, maybe just as a trademark move instead.

I like the spike. IF you've ever seen Unleashed (Jet Li, Morgan Freeman), Jet Li kills a guy by doing something kinda similar to that. If done for real, and done correctly by a trained martial artist, a samoan spike could easily be fatal. I do think he needs something other than a samoan drop, as it is one of the most basic finishers to date (right after the ddt).

realmadrid2manu wrote:

just quoting that if case sexton come back, so that you don't edit it like the other one btw i don't have anything that c4lum is agreeing with you, i just said when two guys are pretending to be one the same page i call it hypocrisy simple

you can edit quotes....

realmadrid2manu wrote:

I like eggs. they're tasty and delicious.

see?

Quote :
yes i can see a Big Show for Hacksaw Jim Duggan coming

I feel that would get rid of any credibility that the draft has. Not that I can't see it happening, i'm just hoping it doesn't.

someone mentioned something about school, so, I'm taking the SATs tomorrow, and was wondering if they existed outside of America.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Yes and are just as pointless over here too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:08 am

I've briefly skimmed over the last 6 pages.
My view on Umanga.
I think WWE were lazy with his gimmick and just rolled out a stereotypical native, like they do with many non-americans.
He has the potential to be WWE's Samoa Joe but they have failed to capitialise on that.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 3:40 am

To be fair to TNA though, not many have utilised there Samoans like they did with Joe, obviously the Crock is the exception to the rule but apart from that not many have allowed there guys to do there thing, TNA did and for that they should be congratulated

Saying that though, I bet Umaga is on more money than Joe (basic) and thats what its all about
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 3:44 am

GRECIAN-IN-BATH wrote:
The Samoan Spike works well only if the guy 'receiving' it sells it well. Jeff Hardy did it brilliantly last year at a PPV (can't remember which one), but when wrestlers don't, it looks like a fat bloke prodding you with his thumb.

WWE did start booking Umaga as the unstaoppable savage, mainly in the Elimination Chamber - it took 4 finishers to beat him, he dominated whilst he was in the match, and looked damned good doing it.

I like the savage gimmick, I'm not too sure about the 'handler' idea though - mainly because I've been all nostalgic for the early 90's lately, and it reminds me of Kimchee and Kamala. It didn't work then, I don't think it'd get over now. Personally, I'd have Umaga attacking people at random, on Raw, ECW and Smackdown.

I think WWE missed a chance with Umaga - had they booked him to destroy Jeff when Hardy started his suspension, Jeff would have been off TV for 2 months 'recuperating', both would have a had a decent feud to push themselves and get over, and Umaga still would have had the match with Batitsta at Mania.

Thinking back to Rikishi, didn't they introduce him as speaking English as him being a breakdancer in San Francisco or something, asnd trying to rediscover his Samoan roots in the Headshrinkers? As long as WWE doesn't do anything dumb like again...

And I hope I'm not agreeing with Marty, Bazz and Gaffer too much here...

Agree with everything you said there 100% although you might lose points for that because its not the foreign thing to do apparently

Well said
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 7:19 pm

I think WWE have the chance to make him better now, but if they leave it too long, it would either be too hard, or wouldn't work.

He's needs a new finisher, the samoan spike can be a weakening move. But I think, as said before, the ddt Foley did. Would love to see him use the crossface, or another submission move that is similar. Do you think he'll be quick enough for a move like The Gore.

I think a new music would do him well. Alot more imtidating. Something that he can make a big entrance too and everyone would know who it is.

He needs to speak English. It might be too late to make him speak fluently. But even with a small vocabulary, he would be better for the main event.

He needs a manager. We could see a heel turn for Teddy Long. He should have stayed with Estrada but I don't think he should go back.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:38 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:

He needs to speak English. It might be too late to make him speak fluently. But even with a small vocabulary, he would be better for the main event.

he only needs to say the stuff taker says... I'm gonna kill you

rest in peace

and variations of that.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:52 pm

That's what I meant by small vocabulary
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 12:46 am

Macclads wrote:

He has the potential to be WWE's Samoa Joe but they have failed to capitialise on that.

Iv heard this a few times now and still have no idea what it even means, I mean is it just the Samoan thing????
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 1:43 am

Obviously theres the Samoan angle to it, but it's more than that, they're both podgey agile feckers that can take a good bump.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:03 am

I still don't see how that could make him WWE's version of Samoa Joe to be honest.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:18 am

Yeah he's not really anything like Samoa Joe, they're just both fat Samoan guys who can work pretty well. Umaga doesn't have close to the same level of technical ability as Joe, and would probably struggle to pull off some of Joe's more athletic moves. However, Umaga's time in Japan has done him a world of good, and he is now a much more solid worker than he was in his previous run with the company, so much so that they give him the task of trying to make useless lumps of shit like Lashley and Batista look good, a far cry from his last run when he was incredibly sloppy and was constantly injuring people including Pat Patterson, which probably didn't sit well with Vince.

As for these suggestions on how to get Umaga more over? I don't really think much needed to be done. If they had left him as a practically unstoppable monster, prefferably with Estrada still there as his manager\handler, then I think people would see him in a different light. The spike is a finisher I like too, but as has been mentioned, not everybody seems capable of selling it correctly which ruins it's impact. The suggestion by C4lum for him to use a sit out powerbomb is a nice idea. Awesome Kong currently uses that move, it looks devastating and fits her similarly savage character, so there's no reason why that shouldn't work for Umaga too.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:38 am

I didn't think Lashley was as bad as Batista, he was alot quicker for a start.

I still don't know if Umaga can pull off quick moves, we haven't really seen the chance of him doing it. I hope he comes off Raw soon. He's just not getting anywhere there, and as it's rumored he'll face the Undertaker, I can see it coming in the draft (if there is one.).

Imagine the promos though:

Undertaker: Rest in Peace.

Umaga: Bloahdhsmsaadjkxl

Undertaker: You will die!

Umaga: Bloahdhsmsaadjkxl

Thrilling lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get Umaga over!   How to get Umaga over! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to get Umaga over!