Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Empty
PostSubject: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:43 pm

So Punks (still) the WHC but is it only by name?

First of all, I appreciate what this whole angles trying to do. I know he's the "underdog" trying to prove himself with the big fish but the way it's been done is total bollocks. This is in no way an attack on CM Punk.

IMO, the World Heavyweight Championship is the big one. That's what everyone's supposed to be after and that's everyones ultimate goal. It's the #1 title in WWE. So why is it receiving what is practically mid card attention? The answer is because Punk has it and he isn't a main event draw. In that case he should not have the belt. The belt should be the star attraction of every PPV with the very odd exception yet for the second time in a row it's 3rd (maybe 4th) down on the card. Punk doesn't even main event Raw ffs.

I have nothing against Punk holding it but if he has that belt he should be main eventing, nothing less. If WWE are not willing to let him do that then he should not have it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:20 pm

He will probably be the RAW main event of the show though, Batista and Cena will be the huge draw match, but like Hogan Earthquake and Warrior Macho Man I can see that getting the infamous middle match, which many see as the next best from the final match of the night.

The Undertaker Edge match will end the show, no doubts about it, so Punk was never going to be headlining the show regardless of who is on the RAW card.

I am really enjoying CM Punks reign as WHC and this is from a guy who could not really stand him before WrestleMania and even in the aftermath, I thought it was a waste to give him such a prestigious victory however with the new direction of RAW I think he has been brilliant in his role. From what I have read Vince McMahon is delighted with the way the story he is telling is panning out, its the story of the underdog and while it may look harsh on Punk I think the long term benefits will be big for Punk, this reign is just a trial run for the big one he will receive after he eventually drops the belt.

I think the long term plan for Punk will be to win the title either as a heel or turn heel as champ in a year or so down the line
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:10 am

Well I really don't like the way he's getting used. It's looks like they don't know what to do with him IMO. He's still being treat like a mid card guy. I mean, how many segments and other stuff has he had on Raw? Not many, about what you would expect for a mid carder. They should not have given him the title if they weren't willing to have him as the top man, which he isn't. He deserves to be but is quite a way from it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:40 am

There is so much going on in RAW just now though, they are in my opinion trying to give as much as possible main event time at different occasions, I agree though that he should be given more of the spot light

However just take a look at it, you have JBL and Jericho taking up a lot of the show, for the right to face Punk, so he may not be exactly needed there since both are seen to be wanting to kill themselves for the opportunity to face him

You have Cena and Batista in the big money making match so that surely has to be pushed massively too

You have the Jericho Shawn Michaels situation on the back burner

You have the new GM being announced as well

Kane still appears to have his demons

Those are all main event storylines, I agree that Punk surely must be seen as the main man but its hard to just throw him in and expect him to instantly take center stage from these established RAW guys, I think the fact he has the title is proof enough they see him as a big star for the future
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 am

But what you've just mentioned means there's 4 other things more important than the World Heavyweight Champion just two weeks before one of the biggest WWE events there is. I just feel he should be portrayed more important than he is at the moment. The fact that JBL and Jericho were arguing over what's supposed to be his his title yet he didn't speak a word himself on Raw surely indicates how little he's still thought of.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:02 am

They were arguing over the right to face him, he in my opinion wasn't required to say much in that segment, also Jericho and JBL are extremely strong on the mic, I have saw Punk promos from ROH and he is too however unless the WWE are 100% certain he can live with them at this moment in time I think the quieter type role is better, he can't play an underdog who is cocky and mouthy in my opinion, those kinda roles are reserved for guys who are favourites not underdogs

I also didn't say all those where more important, just giving everything its proper allocated time to make as much stories as possible

Why just pick out the WHC though, surely you can't be considering the WWE title looks any better, at least Punk has been seen defending that, HHH has only defended it twice since the draft and only one of those has been to an actual SMACKDOWN performer, also that title match has received even less interest that the WHC so does that make Edge and Undertaker any more important to the blue brand show than Triple H? not for me it doesn't
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 am

He doesn't have to be cocky and foul mouthed but he should have at least made an appearance. Come out and said something like "whoever wins I'm ready to prove myself". If your the WHC then you should do at the very least one small promo. They need to let Punk loose and give him interview time and give him a PPV main event. The main thing I'm saying is that the WHC should be centre of attention. If Cena had it do you think any other Raw match (other than a gimmick match) would be placed above it on a PPV? They should give Punk the exact same responsibility HHH and Cena had when they were champions on Raw .

As for the Smackdown thing I agree it's in just as bad a state. I already said how dodgy it was over there in the "HHH" post the other day. Totally different situation though, although the whole baby thing might have summit to do with it but that's another issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??   World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless?? Empty

Back to top Go down

World Heavyweight Championship Meaningless??
Page 1 of 1