Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:19 pm

You noticed (on Raw anyway) how different the heels and faces are from what they used to be? Jake the Snake brought it up in a blog or summit but I really noticed it this week.

The heels are turning smart lol. Jericho and JBL wear suits now and have short respectable hair. Rhodes and Dibiase come down in nice shirts and stuff. And now they all don the traditional tight pants, knee pads and boots old school style.

And as for faces the biggest two on Raw are probably Cena and Batista. Cena wears his manly denim and how many face "monsters" without a gimmick did you used to see?

I know there's a sack full of exceptions but there's still been a definite shift in the way heels present themselves.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 pm

yeah but i think the WWE are trying to get away from the whole golden-era gimmicks.

nothing says a "serious" heel more than a cocky, suit wearing heel who thinks they are better than everyone in the arena. its a great way to present heels imo
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 am

True, got nothing against it just thought it was pretty noticeable last night.

Especially with Jericho switching to undercrackers and knee pads. Helps him move on from his whole previous persona. I reckon it's working well, subtle stuff like what they wear in the ring always helps.

To me the classic traditional heel is someone like Khali. He's big, ugly, nasty and (the real clincher for him) he isn't American lol. Can't imagine him in a suit and talking like Regal.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 am

For me the classic heel is The Million Dollar Man or The Macho King and it evolved to Mr Perfect then to Shawn Michaels

Noticeable in those though where the fact that they all had fantastic gimmicks
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:24 am

Discopants wrote:

To me the classic traditional heel is someone like Khali. He's big, ugly, nasty and (the real clincher for him) he isn't American lol. Can't imagine him in a suit and talking like Regal.

Scary thought right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)   Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Opposites...(Maybe Some Nasty Raw Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1