Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random thoughts on GAB and RAW

Go down 
+4
the-gaffer
Cruiserjim1
rock from niceboard
Marty McFry
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Random thoughts on GAB and RAW Empty
PostSubject: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:26 am

Hi everyone, seen the Bash so I can stop avoiding spoilers. I thought it was an OK PPV, glad I didn't pay for it though. I know WWE are running an 'anachy' angle but I think outside interferance in both world title matches was overkill. Punk should have gone over clean AND THEN Kane gets involved not vice-verca.

Edge - HHH was ok but was overshadowed by the storyline taking place outside of the action between Vicki and that wedding planner girl, I'd be very surprised if HHH was happy to share the spotlight with them shenanigans.

Onto Raw and more outside interferance in ANOTHER world title match, this time from JBL, if he keeps ruining good matches he's gonna find himself on the receiving end of X-pac heat, as in FFS go away.People dont want to see him in high profile fueds, he should be used as a stepping stone for mid-card guys and main eventers with nothing to do.

Good to see D'lo again, he'll be heel before the summers out, interesting to note the non-reaction top him, goes to show that so so many of the attitude era fans just aren't watching anymore.

Loving Y2J's cool calm calculating heel, it's far to subtle for WWE creative so Im certain Chris has a large element of creative control over his character. Should of been allowed to pin HBK though.

Im presuming Steph gave birth last night explaining the absense of her and Shane from the show last night, Raw wasnt as good as it has been so I think it may have gone through a re-write at the last minute, she had her 1st kid on a monday night as well, talk about timing (thats if she's had it)
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 pm

I like the Anarchy angle that WWE are going along with at the moment although I would prefer it if they had more things going on backstage like on RAW a few weeks ago.

As for Punk going over clean, I would have liked to see that purely to make Punk look like a strong champion but I guess Batista wasn't too thrilled about that idea and maybe mentioned it to HHH.

I am getting bored of the Vickie/Edge angle now. I feel it has run it's course and they can do more about it except banishing Triple H from the WWE (like that will happen) therefore giving Edge and Vickie the biggest heat ever.

And finally D Lo Brown. I have never seen this guy in action before but I have heard about him. He looked good in the ring last night and it will be interesting to see who his first feud will be with. The Beth/Santino kiss at the end was pointless though.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:09 pm

rock from niceboard wrote:
I would prefer it if they had more things going on backstage like on RAW a few weeks ago.

I don't know why they stopped with that, it should have escelated to a point where the camera cuts to the locker room and a fan is fighting with Santino or something.
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Point less how ?

It was hilarious I have read that Santino was going to get an on screen girlfriend maybe it will be Beth
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
I would prefer it if they had more things going on backstage like on RAW a few weeks ago.

I don't know why they stopped with that, it should have escelated to a point where the camera cuts to the locker room and a fan is fighting with Santino or something.

HA A fan fighting with Santino. That would be funny to see. I was thinking that a fan could sneak into the production truck and start playing around with the machines making the pyrotechnics go off etc. It would also be good if Smackdown invaded RAW for some reason and there was a a massive brawl showing anarchy in WWE. Shane would then come out and announce that he is in charge from now on.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I heard he was getting a bodyguard, maybe it's Beth.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Cruiserjim1 wrote:
Point less how ?

It was hilarious I have read that Santino was going to get an on screen girlfriend maybe it will be Beth

It would just be another version of the Santino/Maria storyline.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:59 pm

No it wont cos Beth can kick his arse, even though he is "a man"
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:14 pm

I think thats the way they will go with this as Santino runing his mouth about being the man and if he goes to far getting a slap from Beth.

Having a real strong woman and a pussy of a man like Hervey and Bertha I think it was
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:14 pm

I would like it for Beth to be his 'bodyguard' it would make perfect sense in a way

Santino is the weakest out of the two and having Beth there to get him over in some matches would make good viewing
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Pretty poor raw compared to last weeks, unless Steph gave birth like Marty said and it fked up plans then the lack of any warning or appearance is pathetic.

They make an announcement last week saying it was the last chance for things to change(or something like that) and this week it not even mentioned. Rolling Eyes

If we hadn't had two elimination chambers already this year, then I would swear that's were the M/E was heading for summerslam, but I can't see it.

Solid enough show, but the main event was clusterfuck AGAIN, they better pull the trigger on this kane mystery soon or people just wont give a shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:50 pm

I was disappointed in RAW last night but I am just under the impression that it can't keep up that standard forever so in the aftermath of a PPV storyline progression was all I was after and at least we had that!

If Stephanie was so close to giving birth I am surprised that a segment was not taped just in-case she did go into labour.

I agree with Bazz it does look like its heading for an Elimination Chamber with the amount of guys who are trying to get in on the title!

The only thing that really disappointed me was that Chris Jericho did not throw his name into the hat for the title although in a way its a good thing as well, it keeps him out of it for another week or two
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Got a feeling jericho might enter a cross brand rivalry with hhh i have, i know its based on that silly advert where hes after the smackdown title, but still putting HBK out may anger HHH.

Poorish raw i thought, more adverts than wrestling. was just about to fuck off to sleep when i thought, well kane might come and squash santino, but then d-los tune hit and i jumped for joy almost literally.

looked decent for a quick match, his frog splash is still quality, although i wud have liked the camera to have shown it a bit better from the side instead.

Then the beth n santino thing, i called it, as many may have done when santino let go i was like, oh dear a werid things gonna happen, then i thought, shit theyr gonna kiss arnt they, a while later wham, duno where its going but the crowd seemed to like it even though they are both heels.

raw rating though, 1/5 was just ALL adverts.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Cruiserjim1 wrote:
Point less how ?

It would just be another version of the Santino/Maria storyline.

a reverse version maybe
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 pm

How in any way is it anything like the Maria/Santino storyline??

I know what you mean about all the adds sexton but 1 out of 5?? you saying you thought this was one of the worst raws this year?
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:38 pm

In the tag match at GAB, I was sure that jesse and Festus would win or Miz and Morrison would retaing, they both looked strong and the Edgeheads were rarely involved, I'm glad that they have new tag mchamps now and Miz and Morrison can go for the ECW Championship.

Shelton Benjiman might actually be pushed as a upper mid-carder, and Smackdown has it's titles back. I would like to see a feid with Kennedy for the title, and this would be good for both of them. Matt Hardy is hopefully going to wi the ECW strap off Henry and we can see if he can 'carry' a show.

Punk should carry on a short feud with Cena and Batista. Before jericho interupts and they have a fued into SummerSlam and beyond.

HHH and Edge NEED to carry on this feud, because of the potential in it, but I'm worried Jeff Hardy will feud with HHH and Taker will return to fight Edge at SummerSlam.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
How in any way is it anything like the Maria/Santino storyline??

if your asking me, i have no idea. I don't think its anything like it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 pm

I doubt he was asking you, you highlighting it just brought it to his attention

You did say though a reversal of the Maria/Santino but what did you mean with that

Maria was the best in that combo and Beth looks the best in this combo so that to me suggests they are more similar in terms of team style
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Santino playing the roll of the weaker of the two.

It was more me doubting that they'd have Santino bad mouth beth than anything else
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:32 pm

I was asking Rock, still don't see any connection apart from A)Its Santino and B)........uummm, there is no B.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm

shes female Surprised
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Thats a given not a connection.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:16 pm

From what I have seen of the Beth/Santino storyline which isn't much, it just looked to me as if Beth would become Santino's manager/girlfriend just like Maria was for a while. That is why I compared it to the Maria - Santino storyline.

I wouldn't be surprised if the storyline ended with another Beth vs Santino match just like the end of the Maria/Santino storyline.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:18 pm

seemed like real acting anyway, so it was alright.

notice who else is a team, burchill and katie, kofi and mickie...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:40 pm

From what I have seen of the Beth/Santino storyline which isn't much, it just looked to me as if Beth would become Santino's manager/girlfriend just like Maria was for a while. That is why I compared it to the Maria - Santino storyline.

I wouldn't be surprised if the storyline ended with another Beth vs Santino match just like the end of the Maria/Santino storyline.

Both will be each others managers and Beth will probably play the Chyna role and get her man unexpected wins while Santino will probably hinder Beth but help her eventually!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random thoughts on GAB and RAW   Random thoughts on GAB and RAW Empty

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts on GAB and RAW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next