Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some WWE thoughts...

Go down 
+2
bazz23-v2 ®™
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

Some WWE thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Afternoon...

I've been avoiding the wrestling section of this site for a couple of days, as I only got round to watching the GAB last night....

Jim Ross:

Despite his blogs saying how professional he is, and he'll do his best for Smackdown, has anyone else picked up on him being really pissed off on Smackdown? A couple of times last Friday, Mick Foley came out with a couple of mildly funny one-liners, only for Good Ol' JR to either ignore them completely, or not get the joke. But when Foley is cracking jokes about people wrestling in street clothes, what's not to get? At the moment, the more I watch Smackdown, the more I'm thinking bring back Michael Cole - and that's something I never thought I'd type. With Raw being pretty damned good at the moment, I think JR is dragging Smackdown down, he doesn't want to be there, can't be arsed to do an even half-good job, and it's coming across on-air.

Trips:

This could be painful, but bear with me. I'm actually starting to quite like the guy. Although as a face, he's a bit bland, and I don't think him being all nice and smiley for the fans is his best character, he's actually starting to grow on me. He's one of the few WWE stars who's good on the mic, and the video of Edge and the Wedding Planner was well done - with Edge's facial acting, and Trips' delivery, I liked the segment. I'm not so sure about WWE doing a poll of 'who we sympathise more with', it kinda makes me think WWE will turn one of Edge and Vickie face, but don't know which one.
The other reason Trips is growing on me, is that he seems to be burying people less. The last few weeks, Mark Henry on Raw, Randy at ONS, Edge at the GAB, both have been booked a lot more flatteringly than previous guys have been. This is probably because he's the WWE champ again, but if he drops the strap and keeps on 'letting' opponents look pretty decent in the ring, hopefully we could have some real new main-eventers. Please?

WWE:

As a whole, there's definitely a new 'feel' to the company. The guys holding the belts on Raw are all fairly new to WWE, and are all young guys. Cena is being kept away from the title, CM Punk's reign has lasted longer than RVD and Edge's 1st when they cashed in MITB, Brian kendrick's new persona is interesting (loving the way Foley desparately tried to put him over by saying what a jerk Kendrick is backstage), the last couple of PPV's have had matches that reminded me of the Attitude era. Jeff / Umaga at ONS, and Cena / JBL at the GAB- Before these, when was the last PPV match that went backstage? There was the Punk / Chavo ECW one, I can't remember the last one before that to go backstage. It may only be a small thing, but at least it shows WWE is trying... Storylines too, seem to be being a bit better thought out, hopefully because more guys are off the roids and long-term planning can be planned (for want of a better word) better.

The best thing about WWE at the moment?

I don't miss the Undertaker.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm not surprised JR gets pissed off on smackdown, Foley's "commentary" takes away from the matches, he is always trying(and failing) to make jokes, I know a lot of people like Foley but IMO he fucking sucks at being a commentator, the Tazz must look at that guy and ask WTF he has to do, to get a promotion.

And I too, do not miss undertaker
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:28 pm

I dont miss Taker either.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
I'm not surprised JR gets pissed off on smackdown, Foley's "commentary" takes away from the matches, he is always trying(and failing) to make jokes, I know a lot of people like Foley but IMO he fucking sucks at being a commentator, the Tazz must look at that guy and ask WTF he has to do, to get a promotion.

beats coaches imo
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:19 pm

tazz botches all the time though, but we just accept he cant do sentances lol
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:33 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

And I too, do not miss undertaker

Agree with everything there Bazz, Tazz should be on SMACKDOWN, he is far superior and been doing the commentary longer than Foley so should be the one on the second show, just don't like him on the mic, I think if Foley is going to be good Foley needs to take a break and let Cactus Jack do the commentary, Mick seems boring in comparison to his wilder alter ego

The Undertaker is not missed, not by me anyway, I like him and don't mind his character but its all become far to predictable and boring under this gimmick, everything goes the same way, there is only one way to save Taker in my eyes, and thats having him heel again, its when he is at his best and believably beatable
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

beats coaches imo

Its neck and neck, Foley wins it for what hes done for the business, but Foley brings nothing better than Coach

If nothing else is planned for him in the near future get Jamie Noble in there as the 3rd commentator and have a proper heel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some WWE thoughts...   Some WWE thoughts... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some WWE thoughts...
Page 1 of 1