Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestling or entertainment

Go down 
+8
rock from niceboard
Geronimo
thegunman84
Sexton_hardcastle
MaFish1
He is back
Pablo
villarule19
12 posters
AuthorMessage
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Wrestling or entertainment Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:20 pm

We are all obviously here for the love of the Wrestling. But why do you watch it. There are obviously different aspects different segments we tune in to see.

I just want to know who tunes in to actually see the wrestling aspect….2 guys battling till 1 wins.

Or who watches it mainly foir the entertainment, the storylines, promos and crowd pleasing.

If you had to put yourself in to a category which would it be. A wrestling fan or an entertainment fan. Both aspects make up what we love to watch but which do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:39 pm

i watch it for the wrestling but mostly the entertainment lol.

i appreciate all the effort these guys put into it, but it spices it up when they have a background to why its going on.

when its matches like jobber v jobber i skip thru them.

but i love watching a match that the crowd is massivly behind and you can see all the effort the guys are putting in
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 pm

I like the entertainment side. Like u said…the fans are more involved. But IO watch it for the wrestling as well. I can quite happily flick ROH on and watch a match betweeen to wrestlers I haven’t heard of. Each match tells a story. I dnt need some one to be kidnapped in the background to enjoy a match.

Entertainment for me is added when wreslters can grip the fans in during a match…they need outside story to entrogue. But id say I watch for the wreslting aspect
Back to top Go down
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:05 pm

well i watch it for both but when i understood the true concept behind wrestling, i started for the entertainment rather that wrestling but we can't say that i would entertain if i watch boretista and cena in a wrestling match.

when i used to do amateur wrestling, i watch the kurt angles matches as it helped me to learn new technique which i used
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:25 pm

I watch WWE for entertainment, there's not many adequette wrestler's in there tbh, but there's a shed loada great entertainer's.

I used to watch TNA for wrestling and while they still put on good matches, you need that level of entertainment too, in a mainstream promotion any way.

But as Gaffer once stated on NB, if I want to watch pure wrestling matches I switch on ROH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:30 pm

I watch for entertainment and always have done, but when someone exells at the wrestling part, i love that too. People wouldnt watch wwe in my opinion if they only liked "more real" wrestling, but there is never any harm when someone is as athletic as some of the guys, or can make suplexes look devestating like regal or angle or tazz.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:35 pm

spot on sexton, if we do these suplexes in real life, they don't look that extreme but when the professionals do it, it look good and extreme
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm all about the wrestling, for me everything should revolve around that aspect. Too often the angles overshadow the in-ring stuff, which tends to annoy me. Obviously though angles are still needed, in order to give viewers a reason to care about the characters, and to help build fueds, but for me, when it comes down to it, the match is the most important aspect. For instance people go crazy for Santino Marella, saying how funny he is, but for me thats all pointless when he can barely put on a passable match.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Spammer
Spammer
Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

For me has to be the wrestling with the promos coming as an added bonus
ive started watching TNA as WWE dosent do much high flying action anymore and i have to say its a lot better than most people say even though some of the gimmicks are terrible i.e Super Eric and Shark Boy and Curry Man
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:49 pm

I watch it for the entertainment aspect although I also enjoy a good pure wrestling match.

I like watching all the gimmick matches like a Barbed Wire Steel Cage match, I like hearing all the fantastic and often funny promos, I love seeing a storyline leading up to a match eg you stole my girl. I just love everything about the entertainment and that is why WWE is my favourite wrestling promotion. Yeah, they have great entertainment but once in a while, they do have a brilliant pure wrestling match.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:01 pm

I watch it for the entertainment, I watch WWE and nothing else, but am starting to watch TNA. I think matches would mean nothing to me if there wasn't a story behind it, or if it develops into a story. But obviously I love to watch a good wrestling match.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Mainly Entertainment, although i can't stand a poor wrestling match, i just end up skipping through it.

A show filled with decent entertainment and solid matches is always good, it's kinda why people watch things like Eastenders or Hollyoaks, for the storylines, or even shows like Family Guy and Friends, for the funny side, if i wanted to watch a show purely for brilliant wrestling matches it would not be WWE, but all round WWE provides us with alot of Entertainment, and has its fair share of brilliant wrestlers
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm not gonna lie, 100% entertainment for me, if you want pure wrestling then I don't get why you would watch the WWE, ROH or ......you know "real wrestling" is probably for you.

Having said that, there are no excuses for not being able to put on at least a half decent match, and a well thought out match can grab you and keep you entertained longer than any knob-gag promo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:42 pm

RoH while it has good matches, lacks something though. I think you really need to try and strike a balance, with some angles and promos being used to build characters and fueds, leading to the big matchup. The entertainment aspect I've always felt should be there to support the match, not be bigger than the match itself eg. the Hornswaggle being Vince's son storyline was a huge angle that went for ages, and provided 1 real match from the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Gunz I think you watch the wrong shows in WWE and TNA if you are all about the wrestling

Both shows while capable of putting on good matches are more interested in hooking viewers with soap like storylines
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Yeah but I think storylines are needed to build towards that match, which is one of the reasons I'm not a major RoH fan, plus it is kinda difficult to find a lot of their stuff. TNA did seem to be getting the balance right, but they've fucked it all up royally. It's not exactly the best time for wrestling at the moment, but I do live in hope that things will pick up, as I know both WWE and TNA are capable of doing things right. Most of the wrestling I watch is from the 80s - mid 90s anyway, Steamboat vs Flair can always make me forget how bad things have gotten.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:19 pm

I enjoy a bit of nostalga myself but I can only watch Flair v Steamboat once so often, I do like a good wrestling match, HBK v Orton at the Survivor Series and Cage v Angle at the start of the year as well but I like watching them pan out at the time but if I know a match is 30 minute plus before hand there is a good chance I wont bother watching it until its in the last 5 minutes
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 pm

yeah some long matches can be a bit dragged out, others though tell an awesome story thoughout the match, really just depends on the participants. for example Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle ironman match was obviously great, whereas Shawn Michaels vs John Cena was a snoozefest til the last 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 pm

I enjoy watching them at the time though, I just cant go back to watching the full match once its done and I know the outcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling or entertainment   Wrestling or entertainment Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling or entertainment
Page 1 of 1