Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? Empty
PostSubject: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Straight to the point. Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today.

Could a company solely devoted to female wrestling become as big as WWE. If the roles were reversed and beth pheonix versus awesome kong headlined wrestlemania. Would you but just as intent to tune in.

Would you be as hooked with womens wrestling versu mens.
Wahts the big differeances and why is in ring mens action is more popular/proofitable than females
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't know what it is, but women's wrestling just doesn't appeal as much to me as mens. (Which sounds increddibly gay!)
There isn't a big enough fan base for womens wrestling to even start a company never mind compete on a big stage.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:02 pm

There is an all female company in America called SHIMMER that as far as I'm aware do as well as most of the indys. 90% of the TNA Knockouts came from that promotion, which is like the all female ROH. Also the Knockouts portion of each Impact is consistently the highest rated segment of the show, so I think it could be fairly big, but not as big as the WWE is.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm

That's quite suprising, I just didn't think there is a big women's wrestling fan base, I just thought if there was there would be abit more of it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Well I mean for years women in wrestling consisted of the divas and the nitro girls, which wrestling wise didn't amount to shit. Because of that fans had basically been subconsciously trained to think that all womens wrestling is shit, and it's only in the last couple of years that things have begun to change, hell even WWE has taken note, well sorta.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:18 pm

I think WWE has been trying to improve, but I'd much rather them improve the tag team and cruiserweight divisions way before they even try and do the women's division.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:31 pm

That's a very good point, and one which I would agree with. Vince is only trying to push the womens division just now, because he has seen it work in TNA, just like he added the light heavyweight division when he seen how over the cruiserweights were in WCW. Also the attitude era was born from Vince seeing ECWs style get over, and him deciding to find a way to incorporate that into his own product.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:04 pm

There was an all-woman group in Japan too, called GAEA, I'm not sure if it's still running. They had some shows that were screened on The Wrestling Channel (or whatever the hell it's called these days).
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 pm

TNA were doing great guns with their female division, I even bothered to watch their matches instead of forward through them which says something.
But I was really disapointed with the Taylor Wilde/Amazing Kong angle. To me it just made the other women look weak that had been rying to defeat Kong all this time yet 'a rookie' can pin her twice in a week.
Attractive female wrestlers are great to have but WWE has made the mistake over the past few years of forgetting the wrestling bit and just bringing in girls that are only interested in furthering their glamour career to Playboy.
Back to the original question though on if female wrestling could ever be as big.
No. Although we may get all pervy over a few of them they will always be the sidesalad to the main course.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Yeah. GAEA has clossed its doors now. I think Womens wrestling is under valued. I think peoples perceptions are stooping this art form reaching the heights of the males.

Alot of it is WWE's fault. Them with the blonde valets who wouldnt' look out of place on a catwalk. But in a street fight they couldn't do shit.

Its about reinventing. Making them legitimate stars. Not on looks but on talent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?   Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can female wrestling ever be as big as wrestling today?
Page 1 of 1