Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite style

Go down 
+3
MaFish1
Joker-C4lum
villarule19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Title says it all really. Obviously there a re quite a few different styles of wreslting. Which 1 is your favourite and what match emiptamizes this for you

Obviously there

hardcore wrestling- RVD versus Sabu

High flying- fleisch versus Storm

Technical- Mguiness versus danielson

American style- Cena versus HHH

Japanese style (strong style)- Misawa versus Kobashi

What is your favourite style
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Id personally go with technical, although i enjoy the entertainment level of hardcore and high flying matches, if i wanted to see a decent match technical wrestling requires the most skill, people like Regal in the WWE is a brilliant technical wrestler, it's a shame that the WWE don't make the most of their technical wrestlers, it's obious they prefer the 'American style', you just have to look at the main event scene on RAW to realise that.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:08 pm

I prefer technical. Its not full of high spots. Its the best out of the above along with japanese stlye to tell a story. It grips me with the reverses.

Like you as well. A well done hardcore match can be equally as good same with jeff jumping off a
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:19 pm

I could match McGuiness and Danielson ALL day... And KENTA Kobashi... Hardcore was good but I cant see any one basing a full show around hardcore these day's, I think it's had it's day tbh.

For me it's technical all the way, I love the hold's and the reversal's, and it's why I like MMA too. It show's a sound knowledge for the sport.

I used to like high flyer's too, then after realising they're just jumping from high spot's, the 'magic' is gone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:21 pm

i prefer both technical and highflying style
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:25 pm

I think high flying is astyle prefered by the younger audiences. They idolise some1 sawing through the air...wishing they could be that person
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:26 pm

I liked it for the fast paced action, not only the flying part, it was normally faster around the ring too, but yeah I was a youngster when these 'Lucha Libre's' Came out lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Gotta go with the technical style here, as it usually results in better all round matches. The one match I've always wanted to see, but never happened is Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart, which I reckon could have been an absolutely fantastic matchup. It's a shame there aren't too many technical wrestlers in mainstream wrestling today.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:29 pm

So gunmnan...did u not find harts repotoir similar to cena, in the way he did the same moves over and over, finished the match the same way. I found him very 1 dimentional
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Although Hart did have the five moves of doom, which he used to build towards the end of a match, he could get away with that because he had such a wide variety of other moves which he utilised throughout the match. But if you look at any wrestler these days, they use the same repertoire in every match too, it's just the WWE style.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 5:38 pm

True, but would u really put Hart in the same category as lets say angle as 1 of the great technical wrestlers, for me, the fact that he used the same 5 moves proved that he could not vary his repotoir enougth to build to the sharpshooter.

People like, the man who should not be named, and angle could vary every move, not just the start or middle of match
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:08 pm

I dunno, even the likes of Angle and Benoit had a few moves which they primarily stick to, and mix it up with some strikes and arm drags etc. I think people shit on Bret for it, mainly because attention was drawn towards him when the five moves of doom name was coined (I think it was Scott Keith who came up with that), even Brets main rival Shawn Michaels goes through the same basic moveset night after night, and many people consider him to be the greatest of all time.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Shawn michaels had charisma in abundance, a personality which would owershadow this. No offence to bret but he wasnt very charasmatic, just like voldermort wasn't. But thats y they mixed it up, changed moves, mixed up the moves.

HBK in my opinion is 1 of the best in the world, but that is because of the matches, the extra mile, the moonsault of an apron hitting the annouce table etc. If I think about bret the only moment I remember is his sharp shooter on austin and him bleeding.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:20 pm

True Bret wasn't exactly the best guy on the mic, but he was reasonable enough. Bret for me is without a doubt one of the all time great in-ring story tellers though, and that is what makes for interesting viewing for me. Michaels was a good worker, but for some reason I never really got behind him, and was always cheering for the other guy.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 pm

I was, from a kid a avid HBK fan. He was probably the sole wrestler I got hooked. I hope he doesn't turn in to a flair of Hogan and retires at the right time
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 am

I like the American and the hardcore styles.
The match that epitomizes the American style for me is Shawn Michaels vs Cena in London in April 2007 and the match that epitomizes the Hardcore style for me is Randy Orton vs Mick Foley at Backlash 2004
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 pm

I dont know what you would call my preference, I think its more the character I like and whatever style he takes on!

HBK, Jericho, Edge and Christian Cage are guys I want to watch all the time, but Austin Angle and Rock are all different styles as well, even though Austin could wrestle his character was a brawler so brawl he did

I could not hand pick any particular style, I think I like my wrestlers to have a little bit of everything and I think the first four I mention as well as Kurt Angle could very well provide this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite style   Favourite style Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite style
Page 1 of 1