Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

one step forward two steps back!

Go down 
+5
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
bazz23-v2 ®™
Marty McFry
Doomhammer
the-gaffer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

one step forward two steps back! Empty
PostSubject: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:12 pm

I cant believe the WWE are taking ECW and there wrestlers off SMACKDOWN and onto RAW, its a crazy idea and one that I believe will set back ECW and SMACKDOWN and its all just to fuel McMahon's somewhat perverse desire to see RAW reign above all!

Now its been said it will help boost ECW however they are taking it off a Live slot, and I am guessing the talent that will be from RAW on ECW will be guys like The Canadian Bulldog, Carlito, Londrick (which could be good if a tag team title match with Morrison and Miz becomes reality) which leads me to another point, that will mean SMACKDOWN's tag titles will be on RAW/ECW so are we expecting Morrison and Miz to drop them within the next week???

SMACKDOWN has been making the best show for months now, so to take ECW out of the picture (which has been a big part of it) will no doubt see the quality in the production reduced, just last week there was cracking tag match between M.Hardy and Kingston v Burke and Benjamin, that was a quartet I had high hopes could end up feuding for the US title, but that looks to be out the window, and with ECW now going to link up on RAW I fear guys like Benjamin will be back to where they started only last December and Burke will get even more lost in the shuffle than he is currently

Kane was a major name on SMACKDOWN even if he did become a jobber to the stars, The Big Show has even added his name to the race for the ECW title and a Kane v Big Show match could give it massive meaning, however where does this leave SMACKDOWN

The Draft for the blue brand will not come quick enough but with the hand picks that will happen I dont see things getting much better
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:45 pm

I agree with you.

Raw doesn't need the boost, as much as mcmahon thinks it does.

While your right, it will hurt smackdown, it may just improve ECW and Raw, and i'd enjoy seeing that.

Also, with this brand switch, prehaps they'll unify the tag team titles, rather than just stripping or having miz and morrison drop the titles.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:51 pm

I dont know if it will help ECW

ECW was live in Sci-Fi, surely a live show is better than a pre recorded show, particularly when you can just log on and see the results as they happen, also the show will be taped BEFORE RAW despite airing after, so no rivalry can really carry on, they cant have Carlito appear on ECW incase he then breaks his leg on RAW which would mean we see him break his leg LIVE on the Monday then see him appear on the Tuesday fit as a fiddle!

The only way it will work will be if they tape ECW after RAW finishes, and would many really stick around after most of there favourites had left the building?

You also saw the Undertaker and Edge on ECW a few times, do you think we will get to see Michaels and Helmsley on the 3rd show? I dont
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

So I didn't dream it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Whats your thoughts on it Marty?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm in pretty much agreement with you on this one, this is another, change for change sake thing the WWE likes to do.

Smackdown is spread thin for talent(that's used properly anyway) as it is, so why rape it like this??

If anything needs changing its the fking writing teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Definitely, since they combined both ECW and SMACKDOWN both shows have improved dramatically this is doing nothing but weakening SMACKDOWN

RAW is seen as the number 1 show
SMACKDOWN number 2
ECW number 3

So it made sense to combine two and three, now we have guys from the number 3 show who will just miss out the number 2 show and jump straight to the number 1 show!
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:28 pm

I wonder if this is just a temporary thing to freshen things up a touch. Maybe the idea is that ECW wil lbe linked to Smackdown for a few months, then Raw, then back to Smackdown. Hell, maybe it's even a way for them to unite the whole tag division, with a story running that will end up with Miz/Morrison facing up to Rhodes/Hardcore?
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm

you not think raw will be the show that promises NEW TALENT though, new stuf is always more exiting.

and vince said it in his money speach, i want to bring YOU raw fans, new superstars and new rivalries.

so i could see HBK, jericho and orton packing for smackdown, while raw will get batista and ecw. and then dibiase and new guys like that???

surely itl shake it up ALOT, which is good IMO
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:27 am

just had a horrible thought, feel free to ignore this post and carry on debating, but where did we first hear about this, and i hope its not just a big fat rumour. confused
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:35 am

also post this across...

possible raw mid card tag IC range.

carlito, benjamin, morrison, burchill, kennedy (for a while), jericho (while), ted jnr, his partner???, cryme tyme, cody, london, kendrick, burke (if he doesnt get burried when ecw swaps to raw days, for taping) cm punk, kane, kofi.

now thats the possible look of raw with ecw moving. all i have to say is kerching, thats entertainment boss.

but the negatives are their as gaffer said, but id love to see that mid card on raw.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:22 pm

I really am expecting a really big shake up at the draft. I think were going to see some of the massive stars shift around. I think Smackdown will get a few big main eventers although I don't know who. I would say Cena but I know loads don't think that's going to happen because he is a big draw but I think Raw could cope and Smackdown would benefit.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:29 pm

always thought it would be jericho and hbk or orton.

saw this promo a while ago about smackdown and they were all on it :S

but they if they improve their main event, and raw improves its mid card, surely thats good, then depending on what happens to tag teams we could have a decent looking wwe.

but if ecw is shot b4 raw, its ridiculas.
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:31 pm

There was a advertised Raw tour coming to england on smackdown the other day and they left out a few names ill try and find it i remember they left out Shawn Michaels. And i dont know why they would leave him out considering hes a superstar that draws many people in
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Because he doesn't have to do house shows.
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm

AH! shit youre right dman well thats rained on my parade im guessing thats the same for the other names not advertised like Jeircho
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:43 pm

Not sure about Jericho, I think he still does most house shows, but I'm not sure.

Why they advertise Michelle "Kelly" McCool "Kelly", though I will never know.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:57 pm

After having thought long and hard about it I fully believe that the WWE Tag Titles should be exclusive to SMACKDOWN

I think its the only way to have a credible division, and it would help give certain shows some originality, that way RAW can focus on its out there storylines and mid card division, SMACKDOWN can focus on its Tag Team Division and with more of those kind of matches and less mid card matches it can help push guys like MVP up to main event level
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:38 pm

I sorta agree with you.

The Tag team titles on Raw are a joke (hardcore holly and Cody Rhodes have defended them 3 times in the last 6 months?)

At least they structure story lines around the smackdown ones.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:29 pm

With no tag division on RAW (some say there is none anyway) The WWE could develop the IC Divison again
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

Gaff wrote:
With no tag division on RAW (some say there is none anyway) The WWE could develop the IC Divison again

well with luck Ted JR will buy Cody Rhodes, and then buy a tag team title or two.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:13 am

I think it would be alot better of WWE had certain divisions to certain brands. But all brands have main event as well.

Raw- Normal

Smackdown- Tag Team

ECW- Cruiserweight

ECW would improve if you widen the weight limit on the cruiserweight, so that you can have people like Charlie Haas in there.

Raw could be still the main brand with the normal wrestlers.

Smackdown would have a good main event, and then have all the tag teams as well.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:58 pm

smackdown always used to have the best tag matches anyway didnt it?

so it would be a nice throwback to old tag matches. cant wait to see if the draft disapoints, or really shakes up the company. weve been waiting for it for ages now.
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:46 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I think it would be alot better of WWE had certain divisions to certain brands. But all brands have main event as well.

Raw- Normal

Smackdown- Tag Team

ECW- Cruiserweight

ECW would improve if you widen the weight limit on the cruiserweight, so that you can have people like Charlie Haas in there.

Raw could be still the main brand with the normal wrestlers.

Smackdown would have a good main event, and then have all the tag teams as well.

DAMN! you i was up watching impact last night for about an hour i was writting an article on ecw improvements before it just went ask ma fish long story kinda . And that was my main point GRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one step forward two steps back!   one step forward two steps back! Empty

Back to top Go down

one step forward two steps back!
Page 1 of 1