Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TNA World X-Cup is back!!

Go down 
+5
villarule19
thegunman84
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Doomhammer
worthy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

TNA World X-Cup is back!! Empty
PostSubject: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 2:19 pm

TNA has booked their "TNA World X-Cup" tournament for July. Word of this was sent through TNA mobile. For people who do not understand the whole idea, I will explain. It is different wrestlers making teams and facing off against eachother in a big tournament. To get their country pride. Not to mention a nice trophy.

Recent teams that have won include, Team Canada, UK, Mexico, and Japan. Every team has included great superstars from all over the world.

Information From Wrestlinginc.com

So what do you guys think of this and also who should be in what team?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 2:48 pm

its a good idea.

Because i don't know which other promotions are attending, i'm not gonna guess.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:52 pm

I hope Nigel McGuinness represents the UK - it'd be good to see him get some mainstream TV exposure...
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm really looking forward to this, the previous ones were really good and I was disappointed when they stopped them. There will probably be a lot of New Japan talent for Team Japan, like Tiger Mask or Black Tiger. Maybe have Mistico for Team Mexico, he's shown interest in working with TNA before, and is the biggest star in Mexico right now, which could help boost ratings amongst the latino community.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:49 pm

About fucking time....who will make up the british team? I want pac to be in it along side fleisch, storm and add williams(nay not be x division but stuill good)
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Rumours suggest stars of Dragon Gate will be participating.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyMon May 12, 2008 2:54 pm

i hope super dragon is in it along with his one fan

iv never watched the x-cup before, although i am aware of its prestige and history
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyMon May 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I have never heard of super dragon until you mentioned it so I typed his name in youtube and if them videos are anything to go by, I hope TNA do include him in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Looks like New Japan have confirmed the inclusion of Milano Collection AT and Taichi Ishikari for the World X-Cup. Haven't seen Ishikari myself, but Milano is a decent wrestler, and is pretty good at garnering heat from what I've seen, so I guess we're going with the stereotypical sneaky Japanese team.

Also, TNA apparently got Hector Guerrero to speak to CMLL about getting in talent like Mistico but CMLL weren't keen on that, and also rejected the use of Perro Aguayo Jr. Both guys are really big stars there, so don't want them to leave for this, which is unfortunate as I'd have really liked to have seen both those guys.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:28 am

I guess thats why gunman TNA have put the World X-Cup back another month.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri May 16, 2008 3:38 pm

i HOEP ENGLAND GET A CRACK AT IT...IS IT GOING TO BE A PPV OR OVER THE COURSE OF A COUPLE OF WEEKS
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm

The latest on the World X-Cup, which will be held in late June and finish at the July 13th Victory Road PPV is as follows. There will be four teams, and as of now (and things can and likely will change) these are the expected lineups.

- Team TNA looks to be Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin so far, with nothing else confirmed. Either Sonjay Dutt or Black Machismo are likely to be added.

- Team Mexico as reported last week should be Averno, Volador Jr, Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero. This is said to be about 90% likely.

- Team Japan will be Milano Collection AT and Taichi Ishikari, who were already announced. Their partners, who are from Dragon Gate will be Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino.

- The final team will be Team International, and there is not a lot conformed about the team. The top names being considered for the team are Tyson Dux, Doug Williams, Alex Kozlov and Shawn Daivari.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few things on the latest developments:

1. With MCMG representing Team TNA, is that their punishment period over now? I can only assume it must be as Team TNA will likely be booked really strongly. Hopefully this is the case too, as they have taken the punishment well, and continued to work hard.

2. Not sure about the CMLL guys from Mexico, not as up on my lucha libre as I'd like to be, maybe somebody else knows some of these guys?

3. I've already mentioned the New Japan guys previously, as for the Dragon Gate guys, I think this is the best piece of news regarding the tournament. Both of these guys were involved in the awesome 6 man tag at the RoH supershow a couple of years ago (I think Meltzer even rated it *****), so I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these guys in action.

4. Team International looks a bit shoddy to me. Tyson Dux is ok I guess, Doug Williams while really good, doesn't really fit the X-Division style, I don't know Kozlov so cant really comment on him, although why the hell would they want to bring in Daivari? he was an ok manager in WWE, but I never really thought much of his ring skills.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:04 pm

here is Team America's new entrance music

lol!
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:07 pm

LMAO WORTHY I WACTHEDTHAT LAST NIGHT EVN THOU GOT IT ON DVD QUAlity stuff that [sorry caps]
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:09 pm

so did I but I prefer the Ray Charles version of that song myself, LOL!!

Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:14 pm

na this is much better

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/v/gFbkhJQjqo8&hl=en"> src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gFbkhJQjqo8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:23 pm

LOL!!

If you have no idea what the musical rent is then you'd probabblly think that is a sick song.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 pm

If this thing is anything like the tag match on this weeks impact, then its gonna be pretty sweet.

Speed muscle lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Agreed, that match was pretty awesome. Doi and Yoshino are the perfect opponents for the Machine Guns, both teams offense is lightning quick, and makes for exciting matches. Still don't understand what Daivari is doing there though.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 pm

isnt he in team world or somthing *knows fuck all about tna*
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah he's the captain of Team International, but what I meant was, I don't know why TNA bothered bringing him in. Never really thought much of his abilities, so it just seems a bit baffling.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 pm

The anarchist in TNA.....We may have our first british world champion (other than mguiness in ROH)
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Kozlov, and 2 of the japanese guys were on the show.

Davari did an iranian promo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA World X-Cup is back!!   TNA World X-Cup is back!! Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA World X-Cup is back!!
Page 1 of 1