Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bring Back Jannetty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Bring Back Jannetty Empty
PostSubject: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 8:10 pm

Now this is a tad ignorant because I don't know of the entire circumstances, but I think if Marty Jannetty is fit and healthy and still has the appetite then I think he would be brilliant for another run in the WWE be it a long term one or one that lasts only a month!

I think the Chris Jericho Shawn Michaels feud is picking up nicely and with Lance Cade almost certain to be added to the angle Michaels needs someone to fight his corner.

I think Marty Jannetty would be perfect for this role, he has everything needed, from seeing his match with Kennedy in Decemeber he still looks good enough, he has the history with Michaels and also has the ability to pull off good matches with all of the above at different times.

I think Jannetty turning on Michaels would be the best way to work it though, having Jannetty finally get back at HBK for the way he threw him through the Barbour Shop window all those years ago would give an added story to the Jericho Michaels feud as well.

Y2J would be the mastermind behind it all obviously, he loves showing Michaels turning on people and Jannetty was no different

It could be the start of a good stable

Jericho, Cade Di Biase Rhodes and Jannetty
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm

i think a better way would be to have him come out and stand up for hbk for a couple of weeks, then have jericho v hbk at summerslam, with cade in jericho's corner and jannety in HBK's for the inevitable screw job finish of jannety costing HBK the match when he had it won
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm

but in a non wrestling role
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Na wrestling role would be the way to go, Jannetty can still do it, anytime in the past few years the WWE have called on him he has shown he has th ability, I would think a tag team match would be much better
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:41 pm

With Jannetty, it's more a question of if he'll show up sober. After he joined the Kiss My Ass Club, he was supposed to start work for OVW, as a trainer. He never showed up, and was fired a short time after. undoubtedly, he';s got the talent, it's just the application side of things that lets him down.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Grecian, I agree 100%, thats why I said if he was fit and healthy

Marty Jannetty will forever be known as the what if man, he had the potential and ability at the time to be as big as Shawn Michaels although he wasn't as charismatic he used Michaels charisma to his own advantage

His serious of matches with Michaels in 1993 for me confirmed just how good he could have been, I have no doubts that if he knuckled down hard enough and stayed sober (sober enough to turn up anyway) he would have had a big big future int he WWF even if it where just to be the Anti-Shawn Michaels, in the time that Bret Hart was the world champ, Owen was headlining PPVs as well and Shawn was ear marked for the top Jannettys physical appearance would not have held him back, and possibly have worked to his advantage!
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 am

Im afraid the train has left the station as far as Jennety and chances with the WWE go.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:54 am

I think I read somewhere that Marty holds the record for being hired and fired by WWE the most times - around 9, at the last count?

Wasn't he also involved in a huge lawsuit? I'm a bit sketchy on the details, but I'm sure it involved him having a squash with some kid who'd only had 4 wrestling lessons, a backflip went wrong and the kid wound up suing WWF? I'm pretty sure Jannetty was involved, and Vince had to pay out a hell of a lot of money... I could be wrong though...
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:20 am

[quote="GRECIAN-IN-BATH"]I think I read somewhere that Marty holds the record for being hired and fired by WWE the most times - around 9, at the last count?[quote]

Your thinking of 606.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:26 am

Dear Lord, no - anything I read on that I don't take as fact! It may have been in Power Slam, possibly (which isn't much better, admittedly, but are generally pretty close with this kind of thing).
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:28 am

You don't get the referance.

Marty has been sacked from WWE 9 times.

I was referancing the fact Ive been 'sacked' from 606 5 times
------

Speaking of Powerslam, new issue out today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Jannetty   Bring Back Jannetty Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring Back Jannetty
Page 1 of 1