Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Night Stand

Go down 
+9
villarule19
invincibleILeak
rock from niceboard
worthy
Doomhammer
Sexton_hardcastle
Joker-C4lum
fe®gie22™
Geronimo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

One Night Stand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:26 pm

when it first started out in WWE they had a "hardcore" and "extreme" air about it tho. since then it has evolved. it shouldnt have to stay in the 90s

it still is ECW its just evolved into a much better and more marketable product
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:00 am

The reason its called ECW is because Vince bought the rights to the name and with that can use it how he pleases!

I think its a fitting tribute to Paul Hayman that he has ran with it because he couldnt wait to drop the WCW name and brand from the highest height!

If Vince was not going to use the ECW name he simply would have no need to buy it at all, but he owns it so can use it how he wants, I have never got why people get so worked up over the name of it, I get more annoyed with the lame WWE when they got barred from using WWF, WWE no matter how many times you say it just does not have a ring to it
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:20 am

As someone who didn't watch wrestling during the time ECW was it's own company, I couldn't care less what it was called. However, i can see how people might get angry when something they knew and loved is tarnished by another company.

speaking of names, was Jarrett high when he came up with TNA?

thats one of the few 3 letter combinations that will steer away fans.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:48 pm

I think the only problem with ECW and SMACKDOWN for that matter is that they are all seen as lesser than RAW (even thoughECW & SMACKDOWN have been producing better matches)

I think if Vince really does want to be as successful as possible with these three brands then he has to let three different entities run all three shows and he must allow them all a similar budget which would in turn see them really compete (SMACKDOWN anyway, I can see what ECW is used for)
Back to top Go down
klaus494
Regular
Regular
klaus494

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm

rock from niceboard wrote:
I have just watched the MVP vs Kane Inferno Match from Armageddon 2006 and Kane wasn't wearing full wrestling attire although he wasn't the one who got set on fire. I reckon there could be a Chavo vs Kane Inferno Match at One Night Stand and if Chavo was going to get burnt, he could always wear one of his merchandise T-shirts. However, I reckon it is more likely that it will be a ECW Extreme Rules match between the two of them with Kane retaining the title.

Also does anyone know if the WHC and the WWE title are going to be defending at One Night Stand seeing as all WWE PPV's now include all 3 brands.

if you watched last year, Cena defended the title against Khali, and Edge defended against Batista, so yes, it includes all three brands. By the way Geronimo, ECW doesn't main event, it is all three brands, cause last year, the WWE title match between Cena and Khali main evented
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pickleheadednimrod
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:48 pm

What is the point of changing the name? Yes, it is nowhere near as extreme as it used to be but they still have the occasional Extreme Rules match so therefore it should still be called ECW. Vince isn't going to change the name just because of a small amount of fans living in the past. Wrestling has moved on since then and so has ECW.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm

No not a small amount, a very large amount, and you have no idea what Vince will do he is very unpredictable.

It's only an idea, i wouldn't mind seeing itunder a new name, then again i dont mind seeing it as ECW... maybe now Joey Styles has gone more people can accept its not the same company as it once was
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:58 pm

OK, maybe it is a large amount but why are people getting so worked up about this? It is only a name for gods sake. At least it is not called Heat or Velocity.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:16 pm

i just think it would just help people forget and move on, ECW should be rememberd as the most hardcore wrestling ever, not a WWE brand, then again it isnt that big a issue
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:22 pm

It would probably help people move on but I don't see what the problem with it is? Yes, I know ECW stands for Extreme Championship Wrestling but what people don't understand nowadays is that ECW can't do Extreme Rules matches all the time like they used to. Vince is just protecting his wrestlers well being and if one of them gets injured or loses their career because of one Extreme Rules match, that is bad business for WWE.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:38 pm

That is the only problem, that people moan about the new one because it is not like the old one, pathetic isn't it?, all it would do is shut them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Night Stand   One Night Stand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Night Stand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2