Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)

Go down 
+9
bazz23-v2 ®™
MaFish1
Sexton_hardcastle
Doomhammer
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
thegunman84
villarule19
Marty McFry
Discopants
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) Empty
PostSubject: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 pm

So which gimmick matches would you like to see more of or return and which do you hope never come around again.

I would like to see the Casket Match return. It allowed a normal match with the added bonus of seeing someone chucked in a coffin. It's more believable than the stupid "buried alive" concept but has the same morbid feel about it. I'd like to see a few more Lumberjack matches too, they were always good to watch. I also liked the annual War Games match with the two rings, a wee bit like the Elimination Chamber.

As for ones I don't want to see again The Punjabi Prison match should be shelved considering it's just a silly cage match. That 60 man battle royal WCW used to have is something else I don't want to see, that match was just a mess, the rumble is far superior to it. The Inferno Match is always a bit daft too as you know nobodies gonna get proper engulfed. 2 out of 3 falls is annoying too as you know which way the second fall is going making it pointless really.

I'm sure there's loads more defunct or rarely used gimmick matches, plenty of 'em crap too.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:52 pm

I don't like lumberjack matches because it's not realistic to think that heels would help the heel just because they are heels. can heels not dislike another heel more than they dislike a face?

I would like to see the return of the Razor-HBK/Rock - HHH style ladder match as opposed to the annual MITB stunt show.(although I love MITB)
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I miss wrestler versus bear match
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Bring back Kennel From Hell! Just kidding, I'm glad that's never made a return. Definitely has to be Wargames that i miss the most. TNA's Lethal lockdown is about as close to it as we're likely to get these days though. Always thought Wargames would make a good addition to Survivor Series to spice it up a bit, as it's kinda gotten stale. i wouldn't hold my breath on it though as Vince didn't create that match type so wont want it in his company.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:12 pm

I dislike all of TNA's speciality matches other than Ultimate-X, and even then it's stupid that they try and grab a big red X.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

I admit most of their gimmick matches are pretty bad, but Lethal Lockdown I've always found to be pretty enjoyable, and King of the Mountain can be good depending on the participants. The reverse battle royal is fucking ridiculously bad though.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Reverse Battle Royal? That just sounds painful, what's the rules?
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Discopants wrote:
Reverse Battle Royal? That just sounds painful, what's the rules?

Well if it's true reverse the rules would be you have to walk your opponent into the ring and make sure his feet don't touch the ground as you do it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

It's basically a race to see who can get into the ring first, and then they have a battle royal, with the last 2 guys having a regular match. Complicated as fuck, so you know it's Russo's idea.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:12 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
It's basically a race to see who can get into the ring first, and then they have a battle royal.

What a fucked up idea. once they get to the ring they run the risk of getting chucked out so the later they are to the ring the better chance of being the last two.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Well it starts with fuck knows how many people 12 maybe? and once 8 get in the ring the battle royal starts and the remaining guys are eliminated. like I say complicated
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:24 pm

How about the old "Empty Arena" match. The only ones I know of is Mankind Vs The Rock in 99 and Terry Funk Vs Jerry Lawler. Neither were particularly good but I still reckon it could be done quite well.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I'd also nominate the reverse cage match they did at Lockdown, when the first 2 into the cage had a normal match. Seemed a bit of a dumb idea.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah that was the start of things getting a bit shit in the knockouts division. Probably Russo sticking his nose in where it's not wanted, Scott D'Amore had been doing a good job with them without others interfering with their stupid gimmick match ideas, Knockouts Makeover Battle Royal Ladder Match anyone?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 pm

agreed.

I think Punjabi Prison could be pulled off better, but it's been shit both times it's been done, so idk.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 pm

if it was all metal and the people in it didnt have to be khali and his big arsed rival, then maybe it would be a good match, like a layered cage match, accept there would have to be more than a table accesable when out of the ring. So they can batter eachother.

Actually no, if its out the ring, it may aswell be anywhere out it, so its silly.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Il just paste this here...
MaFish wrote:
I want more gimmick matches that dont rely on the rep of the match, or the gimmick the match is under.

IE more Iron man's, I quit, Lumber Jack's, Ladder matches...

...less Cages, less random object on pole's, less HITC, Elim Chamber's, etc.

I feel it take's away the rep of the wrestler and put's it all on the match, like HITC they say the cage will end careers, change life's etc, but you never hear bout the wrestler's rep while in these environment's, well bar 'Taker. Where as I quit, submission, Iron man's it's on how the wrestler react's to his opponent, and rely's on ability rather than falling off stuff for cheap pop's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 7:26 am

Sexton_hardcastle wrote:
if it was all metal and the people in it didnt have to be khali and his big arsed rival, then maybe it would be a good match, like a layered cage match, accept there would have to be more than a table accesable when out of the ring. So they can batter eachother.

Actually no, if its out the ring, it may aswell be anywhere out it, so its silly.

If the bamboo was used to stab people, i'd be better. and agreed, if the match was done with hardcore people, or curiser weights, it'd be far better.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:32 pm

You want people to be stabbed in a wrestling match?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:20 pm

I miss the Boiler Room Brawl. Oh what fun I had playing that match on my PS2 on the old Smackdown games.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:56 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

it'd be hardcore, and i feel it'd improve the match, yes
Back to top Go down
klaus494
Regular
Regular
klaus494

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:20 pm

my miss most has to be the triple cage match that they did in WCW and in that movie, i for get what it was. but that match was great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pickleheadednimrod
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 pm

That's the ready To Rumble film right? I think the match was a play on that name?
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

doh stomp
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

Where's New Jack when ya need him? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)   Match Types You Miss (And Don't...) Empty

Back to top Go down

Match Types You Miss (And Don't...)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next