Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a bad HBK match

Go down 
+6
Doomhammer
Discopants
rock from niceboard
thegunman84
Pablo
Marty McFry
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 am

Does one exist?
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 am

hbk vs hhh for the euro title wasnt a classic, but it was done that way intentionally
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:16 am

It was more of an angle than a match.
Im speaking about high profile PPV or TV match.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 am

i cant think of one. but now that i think of it, although it wasnt for the world title, that was quite similar to the fingerpoke of doom...
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 pm

It was done for comedy over the WWE's 5th most important title, what WCW did with the prestigous world title was worlds away. but I can see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Bad HBK match? The Ironman match against Bret Hart, absolute mind-numbingly boring, and yet some people still think it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I think it's a classic. It's better than most of the world title matches that have happened since then.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm

It was a bit overrated but still a decent match. I never got bored anyway, and it was over an hour of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm

An hour of ego's getting in the way of things, I seriously can't watch that match anymore. I'd also say his hour long match with Cena was pretty bad too, and the 3 stages of hell with HHH wasn't the best of matches either.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:07 pm

i've never seen one
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Gun man Cena HBK last year was one of the best matches of last year do you just not like prolonged matches
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:41 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Bad HBK match? The Ironman match against Bret Hart, absolute mind-numbingly boring, and yet some people still think it's a classic.

Thats the truth right there.

It was OK at the time but I tried and failed to watch it again once, It was just so damn dull.

The lack of pinfalls destroyed that match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

A dull match isn't a bad match though, im asking for evidence of a BAD match.....

bad like every other 45 + year old has
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:49 pm

There isn't one, and that's simply because, he IS the best ever. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Do you think he is then? I can still see him having 4 star matches into his late 50's.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Honestly? yeah I think he is, he may of not been the biggest draw but as an all-round package I think he is the best that I have ever seen, and he is STILL doing it.

Even if he phones it in, he can still steal the show.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Cruiserjim1 wrote:
Gun man Cena HBK last year was one of the best matches of last year do you just not like prolonged matches
Actually quite the opposite, I love long matches, with the Flair vs Steamboat series being one of my all time favourites. I just find that as great as Shawn Michaels is, a few of his really long matches are a bit tedious.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 pm

thegunman84 wrote:

Thats because there was no falls in the match though Guns, I'm sure if it had ended 3-3 people would think it was more exciting, especially if someone made it 3-3 in the last second of the bout

I think it was done without falls intentionally knowing it could hurt the end result, it was meant to look like for an hour they could not get the better of one another
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:40 pm

I agree with Bazz too Marty, I think Shawn Michaels is the best in pro wrestling of all time!

For 20 years his matches have been must see TV, he is still doing it, that match with Flair was unbelievable at Mania, no other guy in pro wrestling could have generated the feeling as well as have that match with a 58 year old who was well past his sell by date, Michaels and Flair stole the show, they didn't want or need the last match, they simply new they could have the match thats most remembered.

Michaels has proved time and again he is the best in my opinion, but what he did that night at WrestleMania set him apart from the rest, if your good you can have a good match with anyone, but to have a great match with someone so far past it and use his name as well as yours to generate the emotion simply stands him apart
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Maybe if like you say there had been more pinfalls, then the match could have been more exciting, but then again bret and Shawn rarely had good matches with one another. As for Michaels being the best ever, well he's certainly up there, wouldn't make my top 5 but would be pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am

wouldnt make your top 5?

out of curiosity who would?

I cant think of a HBK match that's been bad, he always seems to not only highlight his talent but brings the best out of less talented wrestlers, such as Cena and a 60 year old Flair or however old he is.

Definitly the best all round performer EVER
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:40 am

triple h vs hbk hell in a cell was something like 50 minutes long. it was a fucking great match apart from the end which was about 10 minutes of them just lying on the floor basically lol
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Jericho-Holic wrote:
wouldnt make your top 5?

out of curiosity who would?

I cant think of a HBK match that's been bad, he always seems to not only highlight his talent but brings the best out of less talented wrestlers, such as Cena and a 60 year old Flair or however old he is.

Definitly the best all round performer EVER
Ok here goes:
1. Kurt Angle
2. Ricky Steamboat
3. Keiji Mutoh
4. Kenta Kobashi
5. Bret Hart

I think Michaels would maybe come in about 7th for me, just behind Misawa.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Ive not seen number 3 and 4 before so i couldnt comment, the other 3 id agree with for sure. Personally HBK would be in mine
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 am

thegunman84 wrote:

Ok here goes:
1. Kurt Angle
2. Ricky Steamboat
3. Keiji Mutoh
4. Kenta Kobashi
5. Bret Hart

I think Michaels would maybe come in about 7th for me, just behind Misawa.

not a fan of the american dragon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a bad HBK match Empty
PostSubject: Re: a bad HBK match   a bad HBK match Empty

Back to top Go down

a bad HBK match
Page 1 of 1