Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ron Killings WWE name revealed

Go down 
+2
MaFish1
Joker-C4lum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Ron Killings WWE name revealed Empty
PostSubject: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Not sure if this is 100 percent fact, but apparantly he will be called, "R-Truth"

source: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008_/1216699332.php

Quote :
When Ron Killings makes his television debut, his name will apparently be "R-Truth."
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm

What was he called before? was it K Kwik? that sounds alot better than R Truth...
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Haha, man Ive just posted this in news, if Id have seen this lol. K Kwik was a good gimmick, used to come down rapping his theme with Road Dogg, but I think they will want to go some where abit different as it's similar to Cena's 'wigga' gimmick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Yeh i shoulda put it in the news section, i cant actually remember him from the WWF, what years was he around?
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

2000-2001 I think, just before Road Dogg left, during Mr. Arses haitus. I can remember my cousin having a CAW card for K Kwik for SD 2, so it will be around that time...
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 pm

weird i dont remember him i was watching the wwf up until 02... was probably marking over the rock or something
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Cant find much but check these...

Edge and Christian, class! Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kv4VB0Uyic

Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 pm

R-Truth is very uninspiring

I don't know why they just don't go with Ron 'the truth' Killings

He owns the rights to that name, thats what people will know him as and thats the gimmick he seems extremely comfortable in
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm

I think you answered your own question gaff, Vince's need to own a wrestlers name all the fucking time is a joke.

R-truth Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm sure deals can be cut and Killings could lease the rights of his name out to Vince during his time in the WWE so Killings can still use it but not gain from it while in the E
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Your right though, its a joke, its not even a name and its such a play on his previous character which was also uninspiring
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:48 pm

he wants to own the rights AFTER they leave WWE so they can't make no money off the name.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:49 pm

yep, its the way Vince works, just plain stupid if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm

I can see that as well but as a commodity only the very few go on to bigger and richer things after they leave the WWF/E
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:59 pm

It just makes them that bit less marketable for say, TNA.

For example if WWE release Santino Marella tomorrow, when he goes to TNA he has no name value, not even able to use the accent, just like Scott Hall in WCW.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:10 pm

I can see exactly what you mean and I can see why they do it, I just think if they already have a marketable name then to use it would be better in my opinion, its different if he has no name value but since he does then I think if its possible then use it
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 pm

But that would be using logic gaff, and this is WWE, where all logic and anything that would make sense go's out the window.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
It just makes them that bit less marketable for say, TNA.

For example if WWE release Santino Marella tomorrow, when he goes to TNA he has no name value, not even able to use the accent, just like Scott Hall in WCW.

The day vince can own the rights to an italian accent, is the day i stop watching wrestling.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Can he not use the accent though? I thought he was off Italians, albeit via Canada but is it just not an over-exaggerated Italian Accent?
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 am

When Scott Hall debuted in WCW he started with the Razor Ramon accent but then dropped it after WWF claimed he was acting as if to suggest he was still the WWF created character 'Razor Ramon' so it's unlikely TNA would run the risk of WWE suing them so they wouldn't let Santino speak with that accent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron Killings WWE name revealed   Ron Killings WWE name revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

Ron Killings WWE name revealed
Page 1 of 1