Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Return To RASSLIN'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

Your Return To RASSLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Mentioned this in Leak's 10 year's.. Thread.

Ive noticed when we talk about past angle's, future and shit like that, alot of people took time away from wrestling at some point, had major lapses of watching, have month's, even year's off, some by choice, some not so much, just to come back and start watching again, myself included...

What this thread is about is what changed in the time you spent away, who made you take notice when you started watching again, who got the push you was expecting, who didn't, who got fired, who switched, just general thing's that made you take notice, and thing's you wish you hadn't missed...

I had time off from late '02 till last year's SNME, well just before...

I would have to say the newcomer's that really opened my eye's when I startde watching again were MVP and (y'all gonna hate me...) Kennedy, immediatley saw huge potential in these two. Santino is worth a mention too.

Some one I didn't think would get pushed so much is Batista, but there ya go innit

Bit miffed I missed Bischoff as Raw GM too.

Benjamin's early pushes too, I alway's loved him and Haas in Team Angle when they first came in, and I alway's thought both would get somewhere...

Missed The Rock's legendary heel turn, but from the footage I have seen, most entertaining heel ever...

Didn't know about Christain even leaving WWE untill I started watching TNA just before he came in, same for Team 3D.

Edge's step up to Main Event, and, even Rated-RKO woulda been cool to see first hand I supose.

Well that's abit from me, from what's fresh in my head atm, feel free to drop ya comment's/ thought's and maybe you'l freshen my memory too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:40 pm

left erm end of 01 i think , maybe 02, saw some from 05/06 got really into it a bit after 06 i think, where my old faveorite edge was fueding with cena and all that in some brilliant TV.

some of mcmahons stuff was class.

just got back into the midcard matches and the entertainment bit, watched soley to be entertained and was. I was told by someone prior to watching id hate cena "cos he is a chav" lol but found him entertaining and he seemed closest to a big time replacement for the youknowwhos that wwe had, had the crowd in his palm, and did moves in an order like the rock used to, so kids could "not try it at home" obv Razz
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

I missed a lot of the Attitude era, between 1998 and 2003 or so, I went to Uni and didn't have Sky. I caught bits and pieces of it, particularly when Channel 4 screened Heat and the 2000 Rumble, but missed more than I saw it.

Guys that I thought would be main eventing in that period were Rocky, Jeff Hardy (I saw his ladder match with Taker and thought he was great. Didn't have a clue about the drug problems until much later when i heard he'd been sacked), Albert always impressed me, Jericho should have had a much better top-line run, and I rated Christian higher than Edge.

In regards to guys at the top who shouldn't have been, Batista is the obvious one, although he can pull out a pretty decent match, Cena I've always thought should be main eventing, just not as the unstoppable superman WWE booked him as for so long. The other guy who started main eventing in the time I was away is JBL, it was a bit of a shock seeing the change from a beer-drinkin', fightin' half of the APA to what he is now. Took me a while to figure out it was the same guy!!
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Haha, had the same thing with JBL, I tuned in abit, not much like, around '04-'05, Im thinking who the fuck is he? JBL? Wait up, Cole just called him Bradshaw? That aint APA 'Farooq and Bradshaw' Bradshaw?

Albert, I dont know if it's the way he was booked in WWE (I have heard he is pretty popular in Japan with Tomko) but he weren't never in nothing decent, I hated the Prince gimmick, ditto for A-Train, but the period between the two, T&A, Test and Albert, that Albert was cool, loved that team, with Trish too. But then there's the X-Factor Albert which was just a terrible gimmick, with a terrible team, I mean Xpac (we all know about him Rolling Eyes ) and Justin Credible (where is he now? Should I say where was he ever?)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Albert was pretty poorly booked, but I always thought he looked pretty decent and moved well for a big man. He had a bit of a run with Taker, but was about as far as he ever got in WWE. A shame, he's showing in Japan at the moment that he could have been something pretty special. Never saw the X-Factor Albert, which, by the sound of things, could be a good thing.

Thinking about it, when I came back into rassling, Hardcore Holly was just coming back and had a title match against Brock Lesnar, there's another guy who should have never, ever been allowed anywhere near the main event.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm

when i tuned in and theres this business man from new york on commentary acting like hes the best thing ever i was like , who the fuck, took a bit of time till i saw / heard an actuall bradshaw mentioned and was like NO WAY. for ages tho i just thort JBL must have missed when he came to wwe lol
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Return To RASSLIN'   Your Return To RASSLIN' Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Return To RASSLIN'
Page 1 of 1