Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats Next for Jericho

Go down 
+2
Doomhammer
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Whats Next for Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Chris Jericho looks like he will be playing gooseberry come SummerSlam time, why this has happened is beyond me and probably beyond belief, the guy who since he came back as more than paid his dues with feuds and being the guy that seems to be used to get guys over instead of being the man was finally living up to expectation as well as reputation, his heel turn and his new direction his character took was perfect and it all geared for the summers biggest bash, for reasons unknown to many Chris Jericho appears to have been jobbed out once again to JBL for a WHC title shot.

I can see why JBL would be used in a WHC match up with CM Punk, he is one of the true main event level guys who CM Punk would probably be expected to beat and therefor get him a big PPV win, however Jericho should have been the man in the action, he and Punk could have a match that stole the show, regardless of who won, although I would like to see Punk beat Jericho once or twice before Jericho finally took the strap from him, and while that still may be the agenda, I just fail to see why one of thee main WWE PPV's will have FOUR top matches (if you can count the WWE title match as a top match) and Chris Jericho will not be in any of them, which should say that the WWE have talent bursting out there seems but in reality thats not the case.

The Shawn Michaels programme was good, it never had that epic match up that they had at WrestleMania but that was because the story had an entirely new direction, however I still expect there last match in this feud to produce the goods and while I know they will still have a programme on the back burner at the moment adding Jericho to the World Heavyweight Championship picture would add no end of enjoyment to the viewing of that particular feud.

Michaels nailing CM Punk with Sweet Chin Music (after Jericho ducked out the way) and having Jericho win the WHC thanks to Shawn Michaels would be excellent and then it could lead to Michaels Jericho championship match which would be the fitting climax to the two best performers on RAW.

That being said, thats all well and good when we can sit and day dream but in reality I just don't see what Jericho can do now until or during SummerSlam

So what do others think about where he goes from here?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:37 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
for reasons unknown to many Chris Jericho appears to have been jobbed out once again to JBL for a WHC title shot.

I'd hardly call it jobbing.

But i'm honestly not sure where they're gonna go. Micheals will return at Summerslam, so that might be why they're holding him off, but i can't see any real reason for it.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 7:56 pm

God damn it gaffer, just as im about to go out you post this.

*shakes fist*

Ill get in on this later.

Good article btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:11 pm

for every "this is fucking awesome" in WWE there is a "this is fucking stupid.

Jerichos new direction (which is so good it must be Jerichos own creation) is fucking awesome, keeping Jericho off Summerslam whoever is fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:12 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
God damn it gaffer, just as im about to go out you post this.

*shakes fist*

Ill get in on this later.

Good article btw.

Bazz you shamed me in pvt msg into writing an article
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
for every "this is fucking awesome" in WWE there is a "this is fucking stupid.

Jerichos new direction (which is so good it must be Jerichos own creation) is fucking awesome, keeping Jericho off Summerslam whoever is fucking stupid.

I agree wholeheartedly, however to answer my own question which I have just noticed, Jerichos wife is due (allegedly) to give birth the day after SummerSlam, so possibly they don't want to include him incase he needs/wants to be at the birth and it may happen during SummerSlam, so far its the only plausible explanation in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

I would say that explains it byt more importantly have the Club been exchanghing private messages without me? is this cos im a chatbox whore?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:
for reasons unknown to many Chris Jericho appears to have been jobbed out once again to JBL for a WHC title shot.

I'd hardly call it jobbing.

Who said YOU did call it jobbing Doom? NOT ME

However I would call it jobbing, on RAW Monday, we were told it was either Jericho or JBL for the WHC title match against CM Punk, after a good solid match which I thought they all looked good, JBL was declared the winner, it matters not who pinned who, all that matters is that Jericho who everyone thought should have been in the match is not in the match because he was booked NOT to win, which is still a glorified way of jobbing him out of the World Title Match!

Constantly having to explain the obvious to you can be tiring!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
I would say that explains it byt more importantly have the Club been exchanghing private messages without me? is this cos im a chatbox whore?

Course not, I think thats only the second time me and Bazz have spoke in pvt msg, he just asked me to post him a link for another forum!

Didn't know you liked the Chat Box though
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:22 pm

There's no doubt about it, Jericho should be at Summerslam in something other than this dodgy HBK announcement. We've just had Jericho and HBK and it was a long feud with a good end. Summerslam did not need this feud and it would have been more effective (IMO) if Michaels stayed away longer.

What Jericho could have done with was something new as he's been fighting with Michaels for a long time now. That rivalry is easy to resume and the more heat Jericho gets before HBK finally decks him the better. But instead JBL gets a title shot (not that I think the title is worth anything atm, but that's another issue) who isn't particularly over and isn't particularly good to watch.

As for what I think will happen is Jericho will end up fighting with JBL (maybe screw him out the title at SS?). Another upper mid card feud. I can't see him ever getting out of that sort of area and I don't see a title run in the near future.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't know about another Jericho JBL feud, I didn't really like it the last time and Jericho surprisingly didn't get to go over JBL cleanly at a PPV which would have made the most sense, now both are heels I think even less will be into it and with JBL actually hated by the crowd I could see another possible feud having the crowd cheer for Jericho, which they have tried massively to change and have finally succeeded, I just can't see them taking that kind of chance after trying so long to get him over as a heel!

I think Jericho could screw JBL though, not intentionally however, just nail him by accident after JBL promises him a title shot if he is successful!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 am

Suppose so, maybe not JBL then but I think he'll continue to have feuds just below title level. I think people have been saying pretty much the same thing about Jericho for a long long time now, even in WCW people felt he should of been in the main title picture. WWE, maybe Vince, must feel there is some reason why Jericho shouldn't be on top because I don't know many people who would say he isn't good enough to carry the company.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:26 am

good article. i was gonna write one the other day on people's opinion on Y2Js new heel gimmick, however much i loved the old 'Y2J', this new chris jericho is awsome. He should be used in some way at summerslam, it's probably too late now to put him in a match?, maybe he'll come out when HBK is given us the details on his future or something?

Jericho should be the man to take the belt eventually from Punk, he's head and shoulders above the rest of the RAW roster IMO
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:30 am

I think when the time comes it will be Jericho to get the title, I just think they will use SummerSlam and JBL as yet another show for Punk to retain the title to make his reign look longer and better.

I can see why many don't like this run for Punk but I am loving it, someone completely fresh not only in the title hunt but the actual champion
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 am

I like Jerichos original WWF gimmick the most, but like all things it needs freshening up and the fact that he has progressed his character in this direction proves just how great a talent he is, like Marty says, its far to good for it to be WWE pushed, this smells of Jericho all the way
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:22 pm

If Jericho isn't on the SS card, then its a whole new kind of stupid, He should be in the world title match VS Cm Punk instead of JBfkingL(he wins and I stop watching).

I hope they don't pull the trigger on the HBK/Y2J blow-off match just yet, why they brought HBK back to TV so soon is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:26 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
He should be in the world title match VS Cm Punk instead of JBfkingL(he wins and I stop watching).

i recon JBL is only in it so that CM punk can get a win on a big stage such as summerslam.... well at least i hope so anyway, hopefully chris will be the one to take the title from Punk eventually
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:31 pm

I dunno, I hope your right, I just get a feeling that Vince wanted him to return so bad(god knows why) that he "might" of promised him a run with the gold, on the A show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats Next for Jericho   Whats Next for Jericho Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats Next for Jericho
Page 1 of 1