Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foley Leaving??

Go down 
+6
boschbourne06
invincibleILeak
Sexton_hardcastle
Rerun
the-gaffer
Discopants
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 am

-- Mick Foley is said to be unhappy with his role as SmackDown! announcer and may be leaving WWE television shortly, reports prowrestling.net. Several sources indicate that Foley is fed up with getting yelled at in his headset by Vince McMahon and is disgruntled with the current arrangement.

and

-- For the record, Mick Foley's WWE contract expires at the end of the summer.

Can't say I'd be too arsed like. His commentating does nothing for me. The whole Summerslam thing seems to be shaping up nicely for some sort of "big" moment, who knows, Foley is seemingly gonna be involved somehow.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 am

I thought Foley would be a good choice, better than Coach, a big name and very comfortable on the mic, however I have been totally uninspired by his performances on headset!

That promo he cut with Edge showed just how good he can be on the mic though, I would hope there was a future for him, although I don't know what kind of role that would be, obviously not as a wrestler, don't think I'd like him as a manager or a GM either, however maybe possibly a heel commentator with carte blanch on the headset although things could be edited out and redone when they are putting the show together for TV on Fridays
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:52 am

I've never liked him as anything else but a wrestler, when he was good. Didn't like him as a commissioner much (which was practically GM) so I honestly can't see what else they can do with him.

As for a heel turn do you think there's enough life left in him to make a successful turn? Maybe decking the Undertaker or summit but I can't see him and JR fighting (verbally) with each other very well. I think Foley's definitely gonna be a "cuddly" character from now till whenever.
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:06 am

If he's fed up of McMahon screaming in Foley's ear god knows what McMahon was doing to Adamle
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:34 pm

He likes telling stories too much to be a commentator i think , you somtimes forget there is a match on lol.

Could easily be a heel if he helps edge dominate the wwe, like an agent and motivator for him, as he is great when passionatly talking on the mic. Might be it for now though, although if he will continue writing books i doubt hel be fully hospitalised at summerslam, maybe just somthing he sees finally phases him somthing sick like. or maybe he just goes onto a super padded ECW announce table from the top. But we aint seen anyone up top of he cell for ages. Exited to see how it pans out at the slam though
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 pm

As an announcer he doesn't really add. Especially as he is supossed to be the color commentator. Tazz was much better IMO. I would love to see him mentoring someone, obviously Edge would be an option given their history etc. but I would love him to mentor an up and coming heel, maybe he could help Priceless. Although they seem to be alligned with JBL. I think he's got the mic skilss to make it. And people know him, to turn heel and allign himself with a young heel would be excellent, maybe he could do The Miz? Or even fuel a Matt Hardy heel-turn. He has many possibilites that stray away from the announcers desk that make me want to see him get a new contract.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Muppet
Muppet
boschbourne06

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 pm

he cant leave we'll miss his poems lool
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:39 am

He probably won't leave. I'm sure he'll get over it, as the money's probably not bad.
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:33 pm

i thought he was class as the comissioner, some of the backstage stuff he did with edge and christian and occasionally kurt angle was solid gold
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 am

From Rajah:

-- As reported earlier, Mick Foley's WWE contract is set to expire at the end of the month. Should he not re-sign with WWE, he would be immediately available to sign with TNA. However, there has been zero talk on the TNA side regarding the possibility of the addition of Foley, at least that we know of, but you'd have to think that they'd be very interested in his services should he become available.

Foley's current WWE contract is actually as a result of TNA. In the summer of 2005, Foley told Vince McMahon that he had accepted a deal with TNA. The news made Vince McMahon pretty upset and he offered Foley a great deal to stay with World Wrestling Entertainment. However, their relationship was never really the same.

At the very least, should Foley depart WWE, he'll definitely be more involved in the entertainment field. Some sources within the TV industry have discussed the possibility of Foley leaving WWE. Foley has had a few television projects floating around for development and pilot ideas on many occasions. There were also plans for him to do a quasi-reality show featuring his family, but was forced to drop it when he took the SmackDown announcing job.

Internally, his future as the SmackDown color commentator still remains in question. There is definitely a good chance that his days as an announcer for SmackDown are numbered. Last week's angle could have been done to write him off the show, but the indication given is that he would be back again. Foley enjoys working with Jim Ross, but isn't particularly fond of Vince McMahon yelling at him over the headset while he's doing commentary. It's something all of of the announcers have to deal with, but it's something new for Foley as he wasn't treated in this manner as a performer.

---------------------------------------

Do TNA really need him? And what would he do?

He's past wrestling IMO and I don't think TNA need any more old wrestlers. And his commentating skills are hardly mind blowing either.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 pm

he'd be better than don west...
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Who isn't?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Christopher Reeves?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:51 pm

When the only person you can name is dead, you know how bad he is. HA
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 pm

lol.

I can think of a few more living people, but its a very very short list.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Joking aside though, getting rid of him(or just moving him from commentary) is one of the 3 main things TNA need to do, to not be seen as a joke.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:57 pm

i fully agree that he needs to be moved, muted, or shot in the back of the head.

What are your other 2 ideas?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:00 pm

Changing to a proper ring, and stop the constant never ending face heel turns.

There is obviously a problem with the booking, but enough has been said about that.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:01 pm

don't constant turns constitue a problem with booking?>
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Yeah partly, I mean I'm not gonna go into the booking "as a whole"(not got that kind of time lol), IE match endings and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:05 pm

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foley Leaving?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foley Leaving??   Foley Leaving?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Foley Leaving??
Page 1 of 1