Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history

Go down 
+6
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Discopants
invincibleILeak
Joker-C4lum
thegunman84
Marty McFry
10 posters

Best SUMMERSLAM gimmick match
90-Cage Match- Ultimate Warrior beat Rick Rude
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap6%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
92-no face hits - HBK V Rick Martell
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap0%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
93-Rest in Peace Match-Taker v Gonzalez
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap0%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
94-steel cage - Bret Hart V Owen Hart
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap13%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
95-LadderMatch - Razor Ramon V HBK
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap13%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
96-Boiler Room Brawl- Mankind v Taker
 13% [ 2 ]
98-Ladder Match- HHH v The Rock
 13% [ 2 ]
00-TLC Match for Tag Team Title
 13% [ 2 ]
02-Street Fight: HBK v HHH
best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_lcap19%best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
03-Elimination Chamber won by HBK
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Empty
PostSubject: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 pm

At some Summerslams there were more than one so in those years I have picked the best of that year.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Bret vs Owen, it revolutionised the way a cage match is done, and has yet to be matched for sheer drama.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 pm

my vote has gone for the chamber
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 pm

I voted for TLC Match.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Rock and HHH ladder match.

Looking at all these matches just shows how piss poor this years Summerslam looks lol.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:51 pm

I went for HHH V ROCK too.

the only match in history to make me climb on the back of my chair as someone climbed the ladder. ( and I was 18 )

Last edited by Marty McFry on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:51 pm

By my reckoning, there are 6 on here that could win this. HBK / Triple H streetfight was good, Owen / Bret cage match was pretty good, but I've gotta go for the TLC from 2000 - it's just awesome, and really set the bar for every TLC / MITB / Ladder match since. 6 guys, all at the top of their game...

I even bought the original DVD off EBay for about £35 a few years ago, it's that good a match...
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Sorry to be picky Marty, but the 2003 Elimination Chamber was won by Trips, not HBK...
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 8:07 pm

i think that had there been commentary in the boiler room it could have been that one, but this is really tough, with the exception of the first 3 any of these could win imo. I'll plump for ......erm, nah fuck it boiler room brawl. didn't see (SPOILER) bearer's heel turn comin either.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 pm

GRECIAN-IN-BATH wrote:
Sorry to be picky Marty, but the 2003 Elimination Chamber was won by Trips, not HBK...

he's only bloody right.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

I went for the ladder match with Michaels and Ramon, the match 15 months earlier was out of this world good and stole the show at WrestleMania X and I believe that first match was the best of the two, however they came mighty close in this rematch and that was some achievement considering the expectation levels had went through the roof after there last showing!

Bret v Owen in 94 for me was a close second although it stands as the best steel cage match I have ever seen, they actually looked like they wanted to escape the cage which is the entire point of it which seems to be forgotten at times.

Guns was 100% spot on in my opinion, no one has matched the skill drive or drama of that Cage Match since
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Why is this in here anyway?
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Who voted for Ultimate Warrior vs. Rick Rude?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:28 am

LadderMatch - Razor Ramon V HBK defined every ladder match that followed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 am

I thought the first one was better Bazz although there is a big split, some think the rematch was better, it was certainly under more pressure to deliver having already had a classic at Mania the year before
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 1:44 am

Damn it, cancel my vote, the one at WM was the one I was thinking of, I suck at remembering PPVs. lol
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:08 am

HBK vs HHH, just showed that HBK still 'had it'
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Bazz, if you cancel your vote then your pick is the decider, what are you voting for?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Tables and ladders and chairs OH MY!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Marty/gaffer you have PM's. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history   best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history Empty

Back to top Go down

best gimmick match in SUMMERSLAM history
Page 1 of 1