Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Edge face turn???????????????

Go down 
+3
Sexton_hardcastle
Marty McFry
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Edge face turn??????????????? Empty
PostSubject: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:45 am

I am pretty sure its on the cards although I think its been inadvertent to an extent, when Vickie was used in the angle to get Edge back on TV and back in the title hunt it was a good idea but one no one could have foreseen becoming so popular with the fans (by popular I mean gaining so much heat, which is brilliant for the heel) and now its time to split the pair up Vickie is so seemingly universally hated that the only two options are to keep them together which will eventually get stale or have Edge turn face.

Now for me Edge is the best heel in the WWE although Chris Jericho could match him in those stakes but I fully believe for Edge to be considered an all time great he really has to prove his worth as a top face as well, he can do it all as a heel and they say until you can play a perfect heel you can never master the art of top draw face, I think it could be Edges time.

Watching the 'Cutting Edge' on SMACKDOWN gave further belief to me theory that the WWE are in the process of turning him face, his promo with Foley was sensational, one of the best two way promos I have seen in a long time.

Now most although not all believe the Undertaker has become very stale as of late, his entire act of being put on the shelf coming back then destroying the guy who puts him out has become monotonous and many would like him to turn heel, although many would not buy that, I think the Undertaker is at his best when he is the big heel of the show and although its rumoured that he did not like his Lord Of Darkness gimmick in 1999 in the Ministry its by far and large his best work.

I think in the run up to SummerSlam we will see a more brutal bordering on psychotic Edge finding his hunger and desire again, and possibly challenging both face and heels

Then at SummerSlam Vickie could royally screw Edge and while this gives the Taker advantage he still cant put him away, and its only after say three tombstones onto the steel stairs that Edge finally has his shoulders pinned to the canvas!

It would be a bit like the Austin defeat to Bret Hart at Mania 13, his endurance and desire won him the fans and I think this could be the way they may go down in getting Edge over as a top face and with Vickies help and his own brutality then it could easily have the Undertaker turn heel. If it doesn't work for the Undertaker as a heel though then it could be time to finally let Triple H turn heel

However This article is about Edge and having watched SMACKDOWNS! promo I can only come to the conclusion that there is a possible face turn in the making here!
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:33 pm

I think Edge will be a face before the years out but I doubt it will last, he like Orton, is a born heel.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

surely there is already enough people potentialy involved in that match people at the slam...

Spoiler:

i dont think edge will turn face yet, maybe just look a more acompliced wrestler as a heel, so not weak, but mental and brutal. Maybe end up face when hes slowing down a bit to get himself visable respect from fans for what he has given.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Who said anyone else would get involved and why would you mention Kane when he is not on that show?
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:55 pm

although as i couldnt sleep last night, i was thinking about how edge COULD turn face.

By giving a big speech to the crowd how hes found his real self, maybe getting a bit worked up, as he does so well then saying, well if i had done the same thing to someone else you would be greatfull right?

So he can list of a number of big heels saying "if i took them on and gave my all you would like that right" that could end up in a long fued with orton, cross brand or if he came back to smackdown or suchlike.

i havnt explained it too well, as i dont know how well the fans would latch on to it. But im sure if edge took out some major heels he would be loved, especially if he backed it up with alot of reasoning in some classic promos and speeches.

-------------

well foley and a hell in a cell. masked kane and taker? i just imagined how the crowd would go skitz if at summerslam kane came out with bearer masked up with his old music and tombstoned taker lol.

foley did say he wanted one final OMG moment though right? in an interveiw or book?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Apparently he does but I don't see what Foley wanting one last OMG moment has to do with Kane, Kane if he returns masked up will still be exclusive to RAW, there is no way they will start moving guys around for the sake of it, from what I gather they are trying to get away from doing that

However you said "surely there is already enough people potentialy involved in that match people at the slam..."

And I have no idea why you said that, that is whay I am asking, who said anything about anyone else being involved except The Undertaker and Edge himself?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
I think Edge will be a face before the years out but I doubt it will last, he like Orton, is a born heel.

I agree that he is a better heel than a face BUT like Jericho, those roles might be to easy for a guy of his standard though and he might fancy trying to crack the face gimmick, we all know he could play one of thee top heels with his eyes closed now but as a face he hasn't truly cracked it!

I think his current gimmick is great but I also think he is far to talented to be playing that role because we don't see how great he can be often enough, I also think they cant change him into a more sadistic heel right now as it would simply mirror Jerichos turn over on RAW, thats why I see them going down the face road, a confused face though, one that takes out all comers
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:40 pm

its just it would echo kanes debut wouldnt it in a way. Thats all i meant, he could possibly get involved, not saying he will, hence i said "potenially"

it would sure kick up a stir if he did, but it would probably make it a bit too muddled so it probably wont happen. If foley is set to do somthing then it probably is a silly suggestion. But i just got a funny feeling, thats all it was lol that he might appear
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Yes but I don't know why you even mentioned "surely there is already enough people potentialy involved in that match people at the slam..." because no one suggested anyone would be involved in the match

Surely you only say that in reply to someone who would say "Kane Foley Jericho Michaels Regal Orton Cena will be involved"

Then you could say "surely there is already enough people potentialy involved in that match people at the slam..."
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't want to see a face Edge - as heels go, he's plain awesome, as a face before he made it to main event level, he was a bit bland... he didn't really have anything that made him stand out from the rest of the mid-card faces at the time.

From a fans point of view, that would leave a massive hole for a top-line heel on Smackdown, which would lead to a heel turn from somewhere - that Khali is in the title match at Summerslam just shows how desparate the blue brand is for a top heel, take Edge out of the equation, and there's nobody behind him in the heel stakes. There are a couple of contenders, Khali, MVP, Big daddy V, Umaga, but no main eventer. Which means someone would have to turn - Taker, or Trips...

i still have a sneaking suspicion that Vicki will eventually wind up as GM on Raw, leaving Edge on Smackdown 'running' the show, with Rider & Hawkins backing him up, Chavo and bam on ECW.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Well thats basically what I was getting at there Grec, while Edge is on top of his game as a heel he may feel its time to broaden his horizons and try and master the art of being the top face of the WWE, I see many similarities to when Shawn Michaels turned face in 1995, many wanted it to happen but many did not believe he could do it after all he done as a heel, he more than proved them wrong although to this day I still feel his best work was as a heel, I think Edge who I believe was a big Michaels fan may see himself in a similar situation these days, however if there where a face turn then it would mean an instant heel turn for The Undertaker because like I said in the article to turn face he would need to be seen as this never give up hero in the ring while the Undertaker pummeled him all over the ring and with the help of possibly Vickie finally get the pin on Edge which would probably instantly turn him heel, if that failed then Hunter could turn heel like he has wanted to do for the last 18 months or so and he would get over as a heel, he knows better than most what it takes to be hated by the fans
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:38 pm

The only way Kane will be involved in the match is if its a rebirth type thing, remember the "old" Kane's debut was ripping the door of a hell in a cell, and with many thinking that the "old Kane"(well his mask) is returning soon, who knows........wouldn't make much(if any) sense at all really though.

ANYWAY.......Edge for me is just not as affective as a face, like young Randal (as was said)
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm

He definitely isn't as good as a face as he is as a heel to date anyway, something that he might want to address, I think to be considered one of the all time greats I believe you have to be top of the game as both face and heel and Edge himself might be of that opinion.

I must also clear up that I don't want him to turn face however I just think I can see it happening with the way the entire story and side stories are going, a reluctant turn maybe but possibly the only way out of the story they got him involved in
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm

The thing that sets Edge out as a top-line heel is that he is seen as acting heelishly outside of the ring too - he stabbed his 'best friend' in the back by nailing his dirty little piece of a girlfriend and I think it was that more than anything else that finally got him over enough to be a serious main eventer. Randy Orton is the same, he's an effective heel as he's seen as a wanker outside of the ring too.

orton bombed as a face, it's just not him to be a nice guy. With Edge's history, it'd be difficult to see him accepted as a face - I think he's been so good as a heel, it would take a turn of Hogan NWO proportions for it to work.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:08 pm

I dunno, again I think if Michaels can face turn in 1995 when even less was acceptable back then Edge could be more than capable of turning nowadays.

Edge did do wrong in a sense with Lita like you said but they are still together, its not like he just done if for the sake of doing it, shit like that happens every day, I'v done it in the past before but that doesn't make me a bad guy (well in my opinion anyway since im a legend HA )

Seriously though, I don't think the fans will be thinking about Edge and Lita if and when Edge turns face, and I don't think lumbering him in the same bracket as Orton is worthy either, Orton is a perfect heel because he is totally up himself in real life, Edge on the other hand from whats been reported is one of the good guys in the business and a dedicated worker who does whats good for business, so in other words, does the job to whoever whenever which gets him instant respect in the locker room. Orton is known to be a bit on the whinier side when things are not planned to go his way, again thats not a problem though, he is ambitious to be seen as the best so I have no problem with guys wanting to be as good as possible if they are willing to improve and Orton has done that.

Randy Orton is a classic heel, so is Edge but Orton does not have the same natural charisma Edge possesses and thats the reason Orton could never successfully turn face in my opinion while that same natural charisma could very well get Edge over.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Edge and Lita haven't been together since before she left WWE gaff, Edge went back to his wife(for all of 3months lol).

I agree that they will try to turn him face, but like you don't really want it(yet anyway) because if nothing else, it will surly mean HHH turning heel. Sleep
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 pm

HA

That right Bazz?

I thought he was still nailing her, oh well then that makes me look like a cock teef
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:57 pm

I think Edge could work as a face but I think he wouldn't be able to do it long term.

Gaff I think your turn could be good as it's up to the fans. The fans could go for Edge being the victim or they could take it as another 'Taker comes back beats up his oppenants. If that doesn't work they should definatley turn HHH, but I think that might come in a feud with 'Taker, which I realy hope happens.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Oh joy, can't wait for the HHH heel turn. Sleep
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm not waiting for the HHH heel-turn it's the feud with Taker what I'm looking forward too, it better happen. I mean, who will end as the winner? I reckon it'll be Triple H.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Well if it is heel HHH against face taker, the winner will be the same person as won their last feud.

Undertaker.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 12:35 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Well, would you rather HHH stays face? i no its been done time and time again but id rather him heel, he annoys me as a face...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:42 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

Do you prefer Triple H as face Bazz?

I think he is a good face, as a fan sometimes its good to know where you stand BUT the problem I have with Helmsley as a face is that he offers nothing different to his promos or his in ring moves and while you can forever get away with that as a heel you will never or SHOULD never get away with it as a face because you are there to entertain, not to cause boredom
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:05 pm

I don't prefer him as a face really, I have no real preference to be honest. I am just not looking forward to seeing the SAME OLD SHIT that heel HHH has been doing for the past 7-8 years, his heel persona NEVER changes............EVER.

But if he does turn, it won't matter to me anyway because I hardly watch smackdown so honestly couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Thats the thing that I dont like about Triple H, its not that he is pushed for no reason, he is extremely talented however he has brought nothing new to the 'GAME' since around 2000 when he really made his mark in the main event.

He has got all the tools but is extremely lazy in my opinion, not in the sense that he does not work, he just doesn't bring anything new to the table, thats what bores me about Helmsley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edge face turn???????????????   Edge face turn??????????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Edge face turn???????????????
Page 1 of 1