Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

peoples opinions on topics you care about......

Go down 
+6
Doomhammer
MaFish1
thegunman84
Discopants
Cruiserjim1
Marty McFry
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah there's a few things which are a bit convenient about it, so I don't disregard the possibility. Thing is, if it is a work, things obviously didn't go as well for Bret as he would have liked and is still bitter about it, but he wouldn't be able to tell anyone it was a work cause he'd lose what credibility he has.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:59 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
and a BIG possibility at that, although IF it was a work its the greatest work in history.

sorry to nit pick here, but wouldn't it be a small possibility? im not sure how one attaches a size adjective to possibility (honest question there)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
This thread is for us to ask each other for an opinion on certain wrestling related things.
Ive made this because im interested to know your thoughts on the scenarios below.....

Who was at fault in Montreal: McMahon or Hart?

Who was the better stable through all eras: nWo or DX?

Who was ultimately resposible for the death of the original WCW: Russo, Bischoff, Hogan, Turner execs, other?

Your fave and worse wrestling storyline in history?

You dont have to give reasons for your pick but its fine if you do, may even get some debate going god forbid!

Good article Marty, bound to get a good response and get people debating!

McMahon or Hart?

For me its Bret Hart, despite having a fantastic working relationship with Bret Hart there was no way Vince could place his trust in him to appear on RAW when he had signed a deal with World Championship Wrestling, Alundra Blaze had already cheated Vince without any justification and binned the womans title live on Nitro, Hart as a wrestler is told to do a job, sometimes that job is to win, sometimes its to lose, its not REAL, he is a character in a story, and characters basically do what the writers want them to do to allow the story to progress, Hart point blank refused to do that so therefor you cannot blame Vince for saving his company potential embarrassment by Hart appearing on Nitro with the WWF title.

For the record I believe Hart would have kept his word to Vince, but thats an outsiders opinion, Vince should not have been expected to be placed in that position, he and the writers wanted Shawn as champ and Bret did not want to go along with that story despite havign signed with WCW so it wouldn't have effected him anyway!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 pm

nWo or DeGeneration X ?

For me it was DX, the nWo revolutionised WCW at the time, two big stars from the WWF, directly from the WWF and they came in with a purpose and direction that gave them instant credibility and there original storylines where brilliant, but for me DX raised the bar and HBK HHH Chyna and Rick Rude where awsome, from its origins until Mania they where the reason to watch Professional Wrestling (In My Opinion)

The nWo got far to big then the break away factions bored me to death at times, to many heel turns then face turns, sometimes in the same night, to boring, DX became something of a mid card group after Michaels left and they produced some of the best promos from the Attitude era, they where edgy loud brash and most importantly TALENTED

It got boring when they started picking guys out of it but for those two years they where the best faction I can remember for matches, promos and all round enjoyment
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Who's to blame for WCW dying???????????????

Many surely share the blame in this, Hogan for me was a major factor, he came in with the reputation and started the ball rolling, he was the big draw, Hogan in WCW was incredible, why wasn't he in the WWF?????????

The guy who built the tower was the main man in dismantling it in my opinion, he refused point blank to put guys over, he refused to job, he wanted all the limelight and eventually fans got sick of it and turned off.

Ted Turner is another who wanted out and didn't care how he got out, beign involved in pro wrestling embarrassed him, it wasn't 'cool' for someone in his position who wanted to be serious to be involved in rastlin and it was a case of 'cut my loses and get me the hell out of hear'
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Your fave and worse wrestling storyline in history???????????

My favourite I think is the rise of The Rock, the fans where not into him at all as Rocky Miavia and as a heel he started calling himself 'The Peoples Champ' which they hated even more, then when he turned on the Nation or when they turned on him the fans began to take to him only for him to once again stab them in the back at Survivor Series 98 when he announced "screw the people" and he was the Corporate Champ.

The fans began to hate him again, they felt let down, he was the great new hope, the alternative to Austin, yet it was back to Austin again to save the day, hopefully, then Mankind came around and helped the crowd get back at Rock only for Rock to shock the world with vicious chair shots to Foley

When the face turn eventually came I don't think the fans have ever been so happy to see Shane O Mac and Company beat someone up, the time was here and it was now, the Rock was a face and it was obvious he was staying that way!

No one got crowd reactions like The Rock, the palm of his hand held them all!

Worst Storyline - Sgt Slaughter winning the WWF title from the Ultimate Warrior, this was designed for one reason only, so Hogan and America could defeat Slaughter and Iraq at WrestleMania

Macho King, Mr Perfect or Million Dollar Man or even Earthquake could and would have been better choices than Slaughter
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Who was at fault in Montreal: McMahon or Hart?

Bret Hart was, absolutely no doubt, sorry but that "ill drop it tomorrow" shit doesn't wash, do the job your paid to do, god damn Mark and totally unprofessional. He stabbed everyone who ever put him over in the back when he refused to job to HBK.

Who was the better stable through all eras: nWo or DX?

DX, NWO had Hogan and I hate/hated him, plus WCW sucked monkey balls.

Who was ultimately responsible for the death of the original WCW: Russo, Bischoff, Hogan, Turner execs, other?

All of the above, mainly Hogan/ Turner executives/Time Warner

Don't need to answer those cos Bazz answered them for me the way I would of lol

Best Storyline: Owen hart better than Bret
Worst Storyline: Harvey wippleman winning womens title
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:58 am

Doomhammer wrote:

sorry to nit pick here, but wouldn't it be a small possibility? im not sure how one attaches a size adjective to possibility (honest question there)

Spot the irony??

When you find something better come back and try again. Rolling Eyes

You still pissed about the TNA tag thing you were pwned on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Doomhammer wrote:

Spot the irony??

When you find something better come back and try again. Rolling Eyes

You still pissed about the TNA tag thing you were pwned on?

not tryin to be a dick, just wonderin if its possible
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 pm

I have no idea what your even talking about, nor do a really care.

Did you spot the irony in your post?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:20 pm

yes i did.

I am just asking the proper way to attach big and small to possibility

I.E. is a big possibility a longshot or likely?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

It was a figure of speech, but a small possibility would be a longshot, a big possibility would be I bit more likely.

It all irellivant anyway because I still don't think it was a work.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:11 pm

I think you could definitely say it is a big possibility, as although I don't believe it was a work, if they told the world it was a work today, then I really wouldn't be that surprised (although obviously quite a lot of people would be).
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:17 pm

But the wrestling world is full of bitter wrestlers and little shits ready to give you the "inside scoop" on something. Nobody of note has ever come out and said it was a work as far as I know and if it was, they would have had to deceive a lot of people both inside and outside the company.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 pm

What are you all talking about? ive read back but dont seem to be able to grasp the subject.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Whether the Montreal Screwjob was a work or not.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Oh right, no it wasn't!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Discopants wrote:
But the wrestling world is full of bitter wrestlers and little shits ready to give you the "inside scoop" on something. Nobody of note has ever come out and said it was a work as far as I know and if it was, they would have had to deceive a lot of people both inside and outside the company.
Something like this though would probably have to have been kept between Vince and Bret alone. Vince wouldn't want to say it's a work, and Bret couldn't as he would lose the support of the fans who backed him in the wake of the screwjob. it's certainly not an implausible theory.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 pm

If it was a work Triple H would know, if HHH knows then Nash, Hall, Xpac know, if Nash knows DDP knows, I could go on and on, one of them would have at least hinted at it in one of the many shoot interviews.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:35 pm

The only two people who had to be in on it, for it to be a work is Vince and Bret though.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 pm

But there has been SO much fallout from it that it couldn't have possibly have been a work.
It unrealistic to suggest that after Owen died Bret STILL kept quiet about it.
And lets not forget that Bret punched McMahon in the face and "knocked that mother fucker 2 feet in the air, actually off his feet" to quote the Hitman.

I just think if it had of been a work someone desperate for a payday would have come out of the woodwork and said so or at least they suspected it was.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Just to make it clear, I in know way think it was a work, just Bret being a dick.

But is there possibility its a work, hell yeah, there is loads of stuff that doesnt add up, but since I gotta shoot off I cant be arsed to list them until later. lol
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

I just think that if it was a work then Bret couldn't have come out and said it was a work so long afterwards, as it would be damaging to his credibility and he would lose a lot of respect from many of his fans. We all know how big an ego Bret has, and there's no way he would admit to that if it could damage him in that way. And like bazz says there are some things which don't really add up, in particular the fact a documentary team was following Bret at that time, managing to catch the backstage bust up between Vince and Bret amongst other things.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:12 pm

odds are its not, but its a cool theory.

one of wrasslin's best kept secrets i suppose
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
yes i did.

I am just asking the proper way to attach big and small to possibility

I.E. is a big possibility a longshot or likely?

small possibility = Jamie Noble winning the WWE title (why, good mates with HHH and HBK, is a brilliant wrestler and is great on the mic BUT he is tiny and it would be very very unlikely)

Big possibility = (HBK winning a world title again, he doesn't do many house shows, but he is one of if not thee best in the business right now, if he took a full time run for 3 months he would get a title, does he want it? Who knows?)

that should help you see the difference between a big and small possibility Doom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: peoples opinions on topics you care about......   peoples opinions on topics you care about...... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

peoples opinions on topics you care about......
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next