Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

King Of the Ring

Go down 
+6
invincibleILeak
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
He is back
thegunman84
rock from niceboard
Joker-C4lum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Monday is the return KOTR

Who would you like to see win it, for me it has to be Kennedy (if included) he is not involved in any storyline at the moment and has no 'point' to his career at the moment, winning this tournement could give a push in the right direction, he is capable of being a future main eventer.

PS

For those who don't have sky ill post it up on the WWE shows section, found out how to put Sapo in widescreen so it will be almost TV quality

woop woop

niceboard wums will be missing out Razz
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I would like to John Morrison, Elijah Burke or Shelton Benjamin win it as I think it would fit both of their characters as loud, cocky heels, it would give them a huge push and they are all great athletes. However, I wouldn't mind Kennedy winning it and he needs something to do.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Morrison would be a good shout to win it, he's probably not far off a push to the mid card/main event division, probably the future of the Company along with Kennedy, MVP, Edge (current and future) and younger stars such as Kenny Dykstra.

One man i don't wanna see win it is HHH, i have a funny feeling they will give it to him because of his king of kings gimmick and to make him look strong going into Backlash.

But why waste it on him when it can possibly make a career for someone, or at least start it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:55 pm

I agree that Kennedy would be a good pick, he's lost a lot of momentum in recent months, and could really use this to help boost his profile a bit. Has a list of participants been announced yet, or are they still keeping that under wraps?
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:59 pm

There were rumors on lords of pain the other day, but it wasnt final, i think id rather wait until i watch it, i quite like not knowing who is involved etc. If the list is full of already main eventers than it will be pointless. This should be used to give someone a push, people like Kennedy, Morrison, MVP, Matt Hardy, Paul Burchill etc...
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't think Kennedy deserves it though. I mean, he has been off doing his film while people like Benjamin, Morrison and Burke are performing consistently well. Don't get me wrong, Kennedy is going to be big and he needs this push as much as the next guy but I don't think he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Kennedy may not be the most deserving guy, but it would at least be believable for him to win it. Burke if he's even involved should be eliminated in the first round, as the few appearances he's made in the last year have shown him as nothing but a jobber, same goes for Burchill, who has yet to do anything deserving of such a spot. Matt Hardy and MVP, would be fine, but it distracts from their US title fued. Morrison would be an excellent pick, so long as they have him drop the team with Miz pretty soon afterwards as he's really holding him back.
Back to top Go down
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:01 pm

I agree with you gunman, MVP might be the most deserving guy out there. Imo, he is a great heel, he knows how to play with the crowd but as you sed then we can say goodbye to the feud btw him and Hardy.

as for Morrison, he might the guy to win it infact as we have all seen at mania, he took extraordinary risk by doing that moonsault and he entertained the wrestling fans in general. also a draft to raw will be good for him and hence the occasion to drop the tag team with the miz

as for shelton benjamin, i think he might play a great role in it but not really that big that wwe will give the king gimmick.he will be surely used to make a wrestler look strong a wrestler like jericho perhaps. he might also be used to do the extreme moves
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Fair point about Burke but I still think Benjamin and Morrison deserve the win more than Kennedy. However, King Kennedy does sound better than King Morrison or King Benjamin.

Realisticly though, I think this is just being used to promote Triple H's new DVD and his King of Kings gimmick.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Morrison definitely deserves it, but like I say he'll need to drop his association with Miz and get off ECW for it to have any point. Benjamin is a great talent, but he's been so mis-used in recent years that it'll take a while for him to get to that level again. Remember his performances around 2004/5? If they had given him somethin along the lines of KOTR at that point, then he could be an absolute superstar by now. he's somebody I think WWE really dropped the ball with.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:09 pm

I would like someone good to win it which rules out Kennedy and Jeff Hardy i dont want Matt or MVP to win it because they need to enhance the Mid Belts to past glory same as Jericho hopefully against Umaga so my winner is The Gold Standard King,Benjamin and i dont want to see that either my winner would be Chavo Gurrero and then he has a choice Face Kane and almost Defintly lose to the Monster or face his friend Edge and ruin the Family so it would be Chavo and Larouche vs Edge with the Edgeheads
Back to top Go down
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:11 pm

unfortunately for shelton benjamin who is a average build guy compared to the likes for batista and cena. at that time unfortunately, wwe was investing in guys who were monsters that batista and cena. this i think led wwe to put a great talent like benjamin apart and invest in guys like batista and cena unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:13 pm

WTF

i meant i think Bejamen may win but i would like to see Chavo win
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Yeah it is unfortunate that they went that way. It really looked like they were going to give Benjamin a big push too when he moved to RAW. I mean he got wins over HHH, made the IC title respectable, was the star of the first 2 MITB matches, and had that awesome match against Shawn Michaels in the Gold Rush tournament. I think his chances of superstardom were kind of ruined when he was saddled with Momma Benjamin, which I think only Vince and 2 other guys without a normal sense of humour found funny.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Chavo would be a good winner as well but I think it should either be Morrison or Kennedy. Like people have already said, Benjamin is still finding his feet again after his complete burial on RAW, Burke doesn't look anywhere near winning and I don't think Chavo will win either. I think after his feud with Kane, he will go into the US or IC division.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:11 pm

I still think it will be out of Kennedy, HHH, or Batista, but over the past month or two, WWE have pulled out some shocks, Orton retaining, CM Punk winning MITB etc. so I wouldn't put it past them to pull out another one. You say King Morrison doesn't suit, why not King of Sexy, I think they'll probably do that if he won.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Yeah Chavo's another one that's been messed up with pushes (anyone remember Kerwin White?), and when he was feuding with Benoit for the US title it looked like they were finally going to get it right with him, but ended up burying him again. Still, if Chavo had gone on to be US champ at that point, MVP probably wouldn't be as over as he is today. Can't win them all I guess.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Spammer
Spammer
Geronimo

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Could be the push for Carlito that we have all been waiting for!
King of the Carribean has a ring to it

Just hope they dont kill the winner with a stupid anoying gimmick like King Booker
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 pm

I think MVP or Mr Kennedy would be the best winners of it to be honest but I actually think that King Batista has a good ring to it as well and could give him a good boost and push without getting him involved in the title scenes just yet!

John Morrison is also a guy I would like to see pushed but I think this kinda push would be bestfor him in around a years time after a long IC or US title run and another starring show in the Money In The Bank at Mania!
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:06 pm

I hope they dont run it for a year like King booker whoever wins.

it will either be HHH or somone in line for a push who deserves it, the younger talent like. Easy push without needing a title.

no finger raising kiiiiiiiing booka shit though please. ruined the mans career
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:13 pm

read earlier that no participents have been named yet but what it did say was
possible spoiler on some of the participents:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:21 pm

I really hope they dont do that, I dont actually mind if those four are in it, if they lost it would be big scalps to whoever won it, what annoyed me about this tournament near the end of its time was that it didnt have many big big names in it, actual main eventers, so I wont complain if this one is littered with them, what I want is for an underdog or even Batista to win it tonight but with a few big matches and a couple of good matches!
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am

What a fucking let down this shower of shite was
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Have to agree with you Cruiser

why have MVP job in the first round?

If Jericho was not going to win it then have him get into an IC match with someone like Batista who was in the arena afterall and after SD and with Backlash coming up it would have added to the story

CM Punk is another who if he lost should not have lost cleanly

John Morrison
---------------------} John Morrison
Finlay
------------------------------------------} CM Punk
CM Punk
---------------------} CM Punk
Carlito
-------------------------------------------------------------------} MVP - King Of The Ring
MVP
---------------------} MVP
Big Show
------------------------------------------} MVP
Matt Hardy
---------------------} Matt Hardy
Shelton Benjamin

MVP is ready to lose the US title soon and this would have given him a major reason for a push, Big Show could have got beat after Khali came to the ring which would have gave that more story, MVP could have cheated his way past Matt Hardy to give there US title match more meaning and showing he can actually beat Hardy, CM Punk could have won a couple of big matches like he did last night then lose to an opportunist or cheat tactic by a guy who seems destined for the top
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Spammer
Spammer
Geronimo

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 5:53 pm

King of the Ring was a failure thats obvious to see
its like they completly did it all at the last minute and forgot about the storys
WWE really needs to buck their ideas up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

King Of the Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Of the Ring   King Of the Ring Empty

Back to top Go down

King Of the Ring
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next