Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)

Go down 
+7
Doomhammer
King Macca
klaus494
bazz23-v2 ®™
invincibleILeak
MaFish1
the-gaffer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 3:59 pm

exactly my opinion on it, never really got into old ecw and want my wrestling with 2 large spoons of entertaiment.
If I wanted blood and guts I'd watch that crappy Combat Zone and guess what I don't.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:06 pm

I don't mind a good hardcore match now and then, I just wouldn't give a damn if its Henry/Dreamer.

That is possibly the worst line up for a title match, Iv ever seen. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

I dont mind it hardcore once in a while when its entertaining ie Foley.
But not rammed down my throat every match.
Yeah it is a pretty poor excuse for a title match, surpassing Cena at his height v Khali
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Have to say I love the genuinely hardcore stuff in Japan, I've seen loads of that and it's brilliant. Most of the guys in ECW who did the extreme stuff couldn't wrestle for shit but in Japan they do both. It would be impossible for WWE to do anything extreme anyway, especially now they're targeting younger kids. We might even see that viscous kendo stick again.

And how did Dreamer end up with a title match anyway, he must have been beat by half the ECW roster. He's turned into some sort of lower class jobber and all of a sudden he's given a title shot. Has to be naughty win by Henry though, possibly with some Atlas help.
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:27 pm

The old ECW was great IMO, not for the hardcore bollock's, just the edge that it brought, the mature aspect, past that of what the attitude era did, they just pushed it farer than WWF could, not that Im in any way discrediting WWF, because as you know, it was the shit! Had the bigger budget, the star's and the exposure to do thing's ECW couldn't.

But ECW had the fan base, the loyalty, the bingo hall ( Laughing ) it all added to make it a cult icon, and even the wrestler's, it was more of a tight knit group, more than just a bunch of guy's just wrestling, they WERE ECW, they were the business side of it, they were doing alot of shit to promote it, to book the event's, etc.

For me the oppitomy of ECW is The Dudley's dissing the crowd, flipping 'em off, swearing at 'em for that heat, and they got that heat too! It made alot of future star's, and gave 'em that pedestal to jump to the major's. Cause let's face it, ECW was little more than a local indy promotion. Think ROH with chair's lol. But it gave alot of the guy's, who were big draw's for various company's over the past decade, a place to start out, much like ROH, CZW, IWA, etc, do today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm

dreamer did say he was due a push, i mean captain dreamer, or some bollocks ha.

Maybe he had to job b4 he got it.

If dreamer wins though, ppl will be like aww the ecw legend bla bla bla then matt hardy can win it more realisticly.

who knows though, its not a match i look forward to.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 pm

after watching some of the older ecw matches, and the older wwecw matches, i do miss the fans. They have awsome chants.

botchimania has some great clips of them against cena and batista.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 pm

they will be TNA fans now no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:00 pm

TNA has shit chants compaired to these ones. one of the 2 most recent botchimanias has cena vs rvd, and the chants are makin the match good.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 pm

doh

im not saying magicly they all now live in florida.

i mean i bet they watch tna now. after disowneing the wwe and its "weak" ecw.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Anyone ever noticed on sky when TNA is on and you click the info button. It comes up with something like "With it's innovative 6 sided ring, fresh wrestling where weapons are allowed and the action is extreme". Summit like that anyway.

But weapons aren't allowed lol. And a 6 sided ring is silly, just different for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:35 pm

I am sure TNA only have 3 chants.
1. Joe is gonna kill ya (crap one)
2. That was awesome (crap one)
3. TNA! TNA! TNA! (crap one)

I doubt Henry will drop the title this soon. He has only held it for a month and I am sure he was only given the title to keep him happy about the Michael Hayes racism "scandal". I can see Dreamer or Matt Hardy winning the belt at No Mercy or Cyber Sunday.

I liked some of the Hardcore matches in the old ECW but I prefer the WWE ones which are actually entertaining and include Foley. The Hardcore match between Foley and Orton at Unforgiven 2004 was one of the best Hardcore matches I have ever seen.

I think Jeff Hardy is massively overrated. The guy's mic skills are appalling, his mat skills are OK at best and his matches often bore me as they are so predictable (Hardy gets beaten up for most of the match then comes back with a Whisper in the Wind, Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb, cue the huge pop from the marks). However I did enjoy his match with Morrison a few weeks ago on SD.

The guy is nothing more than a spot monkey and he doesn't deserve to be getting a bigger push than his brother who is actually half decent on the mic and can wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Discopants wrote:
Anyone ever noticed on sky when TNA is on and you click the info button. It comes up with something like "With it's innovative 6 sided ring, fresh wrestling where weapons are allowed and the action is extreme". Summit like that anyway.

But weapons aren't allowed lol. And a 6 sided ring is silly, just different for the sake of it.

weapons are kind of allowed though, every time ive seen it in a normal match people can just interfere and smack eachother a bit.

maybe it used to be moreso and they havnt updated it. Maybe they are hinting refs get knocked out too much so its praticly no holds barred *cough ppv cough*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)   Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated???????????? (By fans not the WWE)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2