Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How good is edge?

Go down 
+7
Doomhammer
Sexton_hardcastle
Cruiserjim1
King Macca
Pablo
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
villarule19
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
villarule19
Regular
Regular

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:09 pm

I have just read an article written by paul heyman on the suns website. He state that in his opinion Edge is the best heel for anumber of years. Has the look, Has the charisma and has the in ring skills.

He has been in memorable feuds from undertaker to btista but my question is. How good is Edge......Is he the best in the business at the moment? Is he the perfect heel? If turned face would he have the same impact?
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:19 pm

For me, he's the best in the business.

What makes him a perfect heel is that because of the Matt Hardy / Lita thing, he's seen as a heel outside of the ring too. His facial expressions are great (Armageddon, when he hit the Taker who didn't flinch and his little 'Oh fuck!' moment), promo's are awesome (handing back the world title being the standout), I'm convinced that he's helped establish Vicki as the most hated woman in wrestling by being suchg as awesome heel.

I never really liked him as a face, he was too bland. As a heel he's done his best work, starting with 'For the benefit of those with flash photography' with Christian until now. As a face, he was IC at best. As a heel, the most deserving World Champ in WWE. The fact he can lose the World Title and for that not to affect how much he's hated says it all really.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:21 pm

i think edge is a good heel.... but they dont portray him as a very strong one. he ALWAYS gets assistance or cheats to win. yes i know this is quite normal for heels. but as the top heel on the brand surely they should do something to make him look like a stronger individual.
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Yes he is that good.
He makes the perfect heel, he can act, he can make people mark out and create genuine heat, he uses the correct tactics to win as a heel.
He's carried SD single handedly over the last year and should go down as one of if not the best heel in the business. For me at present only Trips & HBK heels are above him, over the next few years I expect Edge to surpass them.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm

i partly agree with you there maccs. but to be made to look like a true top heel, they should stop making him look so paper thin and weak
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:37 pm

I would say as a heel Edge is as good as Y2J
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I can understand where you're coming from Pablo but that's partly because he always gets put up against bigger guys (Batista, Trips, Undertaker)
Edge isnt the pumped up guy like a heel HHH was so cant physically dominate them, he has to resort to the sneaky win through inteference or dq etc.
If he got into a rivalry with say CM Punk or Matt then perhaps the writers could have him winning without a run in?
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:46 pm

rey mysterio dunned it Sad
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:47 pm

i partly agree with you there maccs. but to be made to look like a true top heel, they should stop making him look so paper thin and weak

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what established him as a top-heel though, the whole Ultimate Opportunist angle. He screwed over 2 of the biggest faces in the company when he's cashed in MITB, cost the Taker the title at Survivor Series, the way he won it at Armageddon was absolute genius (I mean, who else took about 5 minutes there were 3 Edges?) - he's booked as someone who will stop at nothing to win the title, even if it means shagging the roughest woman in WWE, cheating... he's the guy you have to hate because of what he does and how he acts.

The fact that he can even get boo-ed in his hometown just shows how good he is at his job.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 pm

I think his promo skills as well has his ability to gain alot of heat over shadow any way the writesrs make him look weak.

I think the sneak attacks and the way it takes 5 to beat his opponent helps his character as a heel
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Well i dont know how much i can add to this, but i know i can agree with it all strongly.

There has been somthing about him for a long time, where you could just tell he enjoyed getting the crowd to react and was natural at it.

Over the years we have seen his acting skill grow and grow and id say hes one of the top pure actors in the wwe, and his facial acting is second to none. He is someone i cant see leaving the business for too long as he has really given alot for it (including his marriges lol) and his new promos where hes pleading with the fans to understand how much he has given are great, cos kayfabe, he has taken so much away Very Happy

Plus when he aloud to put on a show, he goes all out to make the match spectacular and hopefully gets a few more classics soon.

for a long time aswell he has been one of theonly good things on smackdown, doing 3/4 promo segments, then a match week after week. So he works his arse off too.

A proper legend in the making

just post this again cos it is genius

Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:08 pm

One of the greatest comedy moments in wrestling all time without question
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:18 pm

it was after flairs road rage incedent aswell making it even more quality.

wonder if edge will get fans respect after he finishes wrestling, or if hel be a face for about 6 months then call it a day, although he could easily be a GM or commentator as a heel
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:27 pm

I think he already has the fans respect in that they he gets the biggest heat.
He gets the reaction which is the important thing.
It takes less effort to turn a boo into a cheer than it does to turn a crowd that don't care into one that does.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:37 pm

yeah i think the quarter of the fans that arent marks/kids are people who know its fake, respect the work he does, and like all wrestling fans should do, they get cought up in the moment and cheer the faces and boo the heels
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 pm

i think its wrong when a great number of people cheer a heel, so what edge does is brilliant, like when in canada he says "why do you think i moved away" and in toronto he just says montreal is better or somthing lol.

Id love to see edge live, just to see what he does in the flesh, hes a proper genius. Id probs have a pro edge sign, but id have to boo him cos nowt is more annoying than hearing one or 2 fans saying stuff like "YOU SUCK CENA" every 4 seconds.

its a pantomime n ppl dont cheer the bad guy if hes your favorite actor playing them.

silly fans.

hes got a good voice for a heel too, as its not boring and he can gloat and sound arrogant, but also get vicious. (unlike mr.monotone)
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:14 am

Edge is the best heel going. Granted its him vs Mark Henry and JBL, but he's easily better than most of the heels in the buisness (Angle and 3D give him a run for the money, but, i'd say he's better).
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Him vs Mark Henry and JBL???

*RKO-P's doom*

It changes from month to month as who is the top heel out of these two, currently its edge though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:55 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Him vs Mark Henry and JBL???

*RKO-P's doom*

It changes from month to month as who is the top heel out of these two, currently its edge though.

I left him out cause he's injured, and thus not in contention for the top heel on a brand.

He's easily the top heel on raw when he's not dealing with broken bones.

I'd say edge is better than him currently, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Id say Edge is another league to orton as a heel, he's just that good, JBL is a better heel then Orton aswell

at the moment i would say Orton is 4th top heel in WWE

Edge
Y2J
JBL
Orton
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Oh bt the way its been confirmed taht the wedding is on friday
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 pm

C4lum wrote:
Id say Edge is another league to orton as a heel, he's just that good, JBL is a better heel then Orton aswell

at the moment i would say Orton is 4th top heel in WWE

Edge
Y2J
JBL
Orton

The fact that Orton "allegedly" has poor mic skills but still manages to get so much heat, puts him on the same level as edge.

Not even sure how Jericho can be on this list at the moment, 3/4 of the building couldn't give a toss what he's saying since his return, and he's got little heat.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:22 pm

iwouldnt put orton up at the same level as edge all round, but hes a decent heel and gets alot of heat, which is what heels are suposed to do, edge has a bit more all round skill, but at getting heat there on the same level, untill edge recently got super heat
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:27 pm

That's my point though, even without the mic skills edge has, Orton still gets major heat at times, that makes him top draw.

For me these two stand alone when it comes to the top heels.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:35 pm

even I hate orton alot of the time, half of that is his annoying voice and the way he promos though.

but i think people forget, being a heel is getting a crowd reaction of "BOOOOOOOOOO" it has nothing to do with much else really.

And then if you can wrestle a fitting style and portray matches right then its a bonus, both edge and orton do that. Like i said when orton got injured, i really enjoyed how he acted and didnt just get a stretcher out of the arena. Hopefully when hes back hes a bit more angry like that in his charactor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How good is edge? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is edge?   How good is edge? Empty

Back to top Go down

How good is edge?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next