Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RAW was WAR once again!

Go down 
+7
Pablo
Papashango
Marty McFry
invincibleILeak
Joker-C4lum
Sexton_hardcastle
the-gaffer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

RAW was WAR once again! Empty
PostSubject: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Well Well Well what an excellent Monday Night RAW the WWE gave us last night.

It had everything, JR's final address which was pretty good and had a bit of meaning and also having Edge on RAW was brilliant, he is the best in the business right now although I do believe his best mate over in TNA can rival anything he can do however he always produces the goods and last night was no exception, Batista made his first official appearance as a RAW guy after the draft and looked good, looked intense and looked motivated, not his biggest fan but when he is on his game he is not as bad as people say he is and last night he was on his game.

Rey Mysterio brings something different to RAW, he is a little guy but unlike any other, well in terms of belief that the WWE writers give him he is unlike any other his size and Santino added to the fray could only enhance that kind of situation, Santino is outstanding on the mic, if he was given more wins he would appear to be a far better promo guy because although he is excellent he is only seen as the guy who comes out winds people up simply to get his ass kicked!

JBL and his 'Marshall Law' is the kind of thing I want to see, he is God awful in the ring and boring as hell but on the mic and in heated promo situations he is simply brilliant, his timing is excellent and his voice is perfect when he needs to say the right thing at the right time

NEW CHAMP NEW CHAMP NEW CHAMP

Finally RAW is given the Gold Star treatment again and we see a World Title change hands on a Monday Night (without it being a must, ie drug ban)

CM Punk does what many thought he would do at Night Of Champions and cash in the MITB contract on a battered and out of it Edge, however NOC went off air leaving us all wondering 'what now for RAW' not many would have predicted a good RAW let alone one of the best RAWs in years!

This was a RAW that would not be out of place if it was made smack in the middle of 1998, fantastic RAW and writing.

If I could have one wish though it would be to get Edge back onto RAW
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:26 pm

it was terrific, especially compared to what weve seen lately.

I suppose mcmahon will always know best and i think he just didnt take notice of how pants the wwe had got, then looked at it and thought good god what are we showing these people.

if they can keep this up without anyone f-ing it up by killing people or stupid bans then were in for a treat.

Superb show, with 2 current top guys missing anyway in regal and orton, never thought they would use the 5 or so main guys raw has so well, didnt seem crowded with ego or anything. And the matches where ones we havnt really seen much of. and the rivalries look to be coming on well, jerichos most so.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Thats the thing, Regal Orton and Michaels were all missing from last nights show!

The Undertaker could also be a RAW guy on his return

There is so much potential today when you see the quality it can produce, the WWE are top of the tree when they tell you a story and last night they told it expertly, now however I do not expect things to be so hot all the time but there is a standard that has been set and I would expect them to be looking at reaching for it on a consistant basis.

Again if I have any flaws its the state of the tag division and while I have no problem with the champions, they do not seem to have anyone credible to feud with which would really get them over although Cryme Tyme helping Cena at the end was a nice touch and a good way to get them noticed big time!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 pm

how hot where that crowd?
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:34 pm

It's definitly the best RAW ive seen since i started watching wrestling again, brilliant stuff.

JBL looks like the perfect man to be GM of RAW, it's well known he can't wrestle, stick him as GM tho and were sorted! i almost thouht he was gonna be announced GM at some stages during the show!

First time iv'e actually looked foward to next weeks showing!
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 pm

I can't remember lol.

---

we all said if you swap round some guys it will improve at least 2 of the shows. And it seems the case, now aslong as they keep sending other guys to ecw, and debut a few more then all 3 will be good.

I also feel when they dont focus so much on stories, to keep standards up they will book matches a bit better and have varied endings. On smackdown a week or 2 ago matt even did a moonsault, which suprised me.

I think i might be alone on this, but i liked the way the jericho match ended because it allows his frustration to grow, as kofi pulled tights first. Soon im hoping he just becomes the biggest heel in the wwe and ive starting thinking of random ideas for The Bash, including maybe the old, hit with a car story being brought back.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 pm

i think WWE has been trying hard to improve since No Way Out, but they felt they slipped up with the Million Dollar Mania, and so are trying hard to pull in the fans by spreading out the talent on both shows and having younger guys more mic time.

I can't wait till Smackdown which seems to have got the best picks in the draft and is now competing with Raw as the A-Show, so for me that should be very good.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Doubt the car incident, I was thinking more along the lines of trying to preminently blind Shawn Michaels then setting up a Blind Fold match at Summerslam (WM7 throwback)

There is far more emphasis on match building on SMACKDOWN, i don't think RAW have that same outlook for there show, they are constantly trying to build stories and while I would love to see longer matches on RAW i just think thats what they intend for SMACKDOWN while RAW has a different rout for fans to watch
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 pm

I don't think the believe they slipped up with Million Dollar Mania to be honest although thats only my opinion!

I did not like it, not at all, however it got an outrageous response on WWE.com which saw it get plenty of traffic, they also used its three week run which made news world wide for the prize money then on the final night of it they left a cliff hanger and on the first night since that cliff hanger they produced the best RAW in what I believe to be years

This is not a wham bam plan made at 3pm yesterday afternoon IMO, this was the thinking and the plan behind all of this Million Dollar Mania
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:46 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
i think WWE has been trying hard to improve since No Way Out, but they felt they slipped up with the Million Dollar Mania, and so are trying hard to pull in the fans by spreading out the talent on both shows and having younger guys more mic time.

I can't wait till Smackdown which seems to have got the best picks in the draft and is now competing with Raw as the A-Show, so for me that should be very good.

Well if smackdown is now the A show, its gonna have to be an incredible show to beat this weeks raw !
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 pm

I think they have the potential to be on a par now, but when Regal comes back I hope to see him on Smackdown rather than Raw, I think this would complete the brand.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 pm

I am extremely looking forward to SMACKDOWN this week.

I think we will see the first signs of an Edge v Triple H match at Summerslam

I am looking forward to seeing Mr Kennedy back on the blue brand along with Jeff Hardy Shelton Benjamin and MVP all in the same area

Wonder how they will use Carlito as well and if the Big Show will return full time now to SMACKDOWN and leave ECW to it

SMACKDOWN has as much potential if not more than RAW and knowing the match booking on SMACKDOWN I believe it could very well be a good show

I also want to see Edges reaction to losing the title, after all he did say he was NOT going to be back on RAW so that rules out him trying to win that title back, want to see what Vickies take on it is and how La Famila will keep up with him and his demands
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 pm

aye, its so intruiging, they have gone from no rivalries, to maximum storyline overload, with 3 top stories at once. within a week or 2.

Its been some genius writing (is steph off now? lol)

Edge as we know is probably the best pure actor on the shows and he is going to have a hell of alot to get really stuck into. cant wait.

Dont think we will be able to predict too much of what will happen soon to, as it just seems so well planned.

bring on friday, then monday again.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 pm

It's a shame for ECW, they have gone from being the best show to the worst again.

I don't think it'll be that bad, I hope to see Hardy enter a feud with either Morrison and/or The Miz.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 pm

ecw.

hardy morrison miz burke bourne henry (thorne?) (richards?) estrada neely chavo finlay crazy knox boogeyman lol

its not that bad really
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:06 pm

chavo guerrero will be good when he finally turns but on edge, but hopefully stays heel, I hope he starts a feud with Evan Bourne before going for the ECW title again, but not winning it.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Back in 1998 Iused to actually feel depresed after I had watched Raw each week because it was then a full 7 days before I got to see it again.

For the 1st time in 10 years thats exactly how I fealt this morning, I was checking the 'time remaining' thinking No don't end yet......Raw was off the scale good this week.

Anachy literally rules, the marshall law angle is awesome and I think in the coming weeks we will see some of the top guys have no choice but to employ back up just like JBL,Cena and Y2J have.
I dislike Cryme Tymes comedy gimmick with a passion but i admit i marked inside for them when they turned up as Cenas Muscle - the crowd popped BIG for that too.

cant wait for next week (and SD this) presumably someone else will challenge punk and he'll accept, JBL will still consider himself in charge, too much awesomeness to go into.

I anticipate a big rating next week.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh....and Jamie Noble is 26 differant kinds of awesome. I think he and santino should have a promo/angle fued where they both try and be some sort of self Elected GM and are foiled/beaten up each week by a differant mid carder who otherwise wouldnt be on the show.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Writing about how good Raw was has actually made me, for the 1st time since DX parodied the Nation, made me want to watch it again. so I will........bye.
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 am

just watched raw and completely agree with everything gaffer has said on this thread.
I'm very hopeful that Raw's gonna become can't miss television like it was 8-10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:47 am

this weeks raw was good like. good storylines etc. but dont get your hopes up yet people. it wasnt THAT good as everyone is bumming it to be.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:13 am

it was pretty damn good, i'd agree.

Earlier we were discussing a new faction based on the new guys (Dibiase, Rhodes), and i think they mentioned that Kingston and Punk were names being thrown around, And now they're all champions. Any thoughts on how they might go from there?

And Cryme Time actually doing something was nice for a change.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:57 pm

I said it once and I will say it again, WWE has improved since the draft lottery as it was starting to go stale with the repeated matches such as Edge vs Batista matches.
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Does anyone else get the feeling that we will see Cena and Cryme Tyme together more in like a hip hop type stable
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Spammer Pablo wrote:
this weeks raw was good like. good storylines etc. but dont get your hopes up yet people. it wasnt THAT good as everyone is bumming it to be.

Disagree!

It was THAT good, and maybe the fact that its getting bummed as you say is because we have not had a RAW like that with feeling emotion and satisfaction as well as anticipation for a long long time!

I like many others are quick to have a go at the producers of RAW when its terrible therefor I hold nothing back when giving them praise they more than deserve for making the show an absolute gem of a show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAW was WAR once again!   RAW was WAR once again! Empty

Back to top Go down

RAW was WAR once again!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: