Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Now with the draft done and dusted all the talk today is who is going to drop there strap come Sunday at night of champions, its either Edge or Triple H surely, I can not see the WWE allowing both World Titles to be on one brand, particularly the blue brand.

I think it would be refreshing to see both Trips and Edge retain there titles on Sunday Night, only for CM Punk to come out after the 2nd of the 'epic' title matches (whatever one that may be) and hit the GTS on a tired Triple H or Edge and get an easy pin, this way the obvious choice of Cena or Batista will not be the option and yet one of Edge or Trips after surprising wins for BOTH would still lose there World Title

I think RAW in its aftermath would be electric, CM Punk is not exactly the most popular choice of World Champion, but he does have the ability and if he was trusted with the big title on RAW he maybe given more freedom to do moves that many believe he is capable of doing, not just that but with big names on RAW like Michaels, Cena, Batista and Jericho all possibly seen as better than CM Punk then many would be tuning in to see if he could hang onto his new World title, I was one of the guys who was hoping he would lose his MITB match but do enough to prove he is good enough for that division so he could stay there, however with the big change from the brands I think it could possibly be better now if he actually wins his MITB match if its done in the manor in which I have written, although no doubt many would disagree, its just something that I think I would enjoy watching
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 pm

i wrote somthing on another thread on how to liven up both brands title races for a while.

Its similar, and your way seems the most likely, if hes ever going to win a world title of meaning, why not now.

id like to see HHH become Dual champion for a little while before punk and edge both take the titles from him. (if its true that vince prefers edge as a champion) seeing the shows spill over onto eachother for a while would be good, cos you cant just end all rivalries with a draft it wouldnt make too much sense.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:12 pm

CM punk versus jericho or edge would result in some great matchess. But truthfully I can't see CM Punk winning any of the main titles. I just don't think WWE trust him.

So either they start a major pushing campaign for CM Punk and either at survivor series or the rumble he cashes i in

Or he loses the MITB to either kennedy, edge or Hardy
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:20 pm

All of those guys you suggest he lose to however are not on the same brand as him, so what benifit would CM Punk get to invite a match from an opponent from a rival brand?????

The thing many dont get with the MITB contract is though that the holder of the case does not need pushed, he already has his title match booked, whenever he chooses to use it, it does not need to be at the end of a glory push, they could have him on a losing streak although with his ability and his histoy already in the WWE everyone knows he could realistically beat almost anyone, so if one of the champs is battered and bruised it would not exactly be a shock if he managed to come to the ring and win since he would be entirely fresh!
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 pm

I can't see CM Punk winning any of the main titles. I just don't think WWE trust him.

----------

He won MITB, he held the ECW title cos benoit "disapeared" basicly.

id say they trust him when others fuck up.

he will one day hold the non gimick belt i feel, and it might aswell be sooner rather than later. Id like someone off another brand to ruin the wedding of edge too, to mix the brands up more.

otherwise who will?

taker?
HHH?
Kennedy?
Mvp?
Jeff?
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:31 pm

I understand what your saying gaffer. But since winning that tile he hasn't really set the world on fire...He doesnt need the push to win the title, but for people to believe he can retain it he will

If I saw someone lose to the intercontinental champion 1 week and win the world title the bnext then I would not see a balance and would nopt see CM Punk as a legitimate title holder
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 pm

I know what you mean but losing the IC title after a strong reign is the more often than not rout given to future world champions, yes I agree that it does not make sense but thats the way it is!

As for retaining it, it depends how they could book Punk, remember to keep the title the champ does not need to win, simply not be pinned or tap out, so Punk could realistically keep the strap with losses like that and he could also pick up his usual odd wins as well.

I think CM Punk suffered from the obvious rescheduling of the 2008 draft, I think almost everyone knows that the rushed King Of The Ring RAW was meant to be the Draft so Punk has basically just been involved in whatever came his way in the time until now, when I would expect some real stories to start for him now.

I would like to see him enter into a feud with Carlito and then Paul Birchill that would set him up better long term however I would also like to see him just rush his MITB match and win the title come Sunday from one of the champs after they won there battle and surprise most of us, I think it would be a reign similar to the first Bret Hart title reign!
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Would he be used as a caretaker champion when/if he wins.

I would like to see a strong feud with the likes of HBK or Jericho befor ehe cashed it in. Like you said it can go on for about a month to two months. When it looks like its hotting up he wins the title. Making the feud a 3 way and elevating not just punk but HBK, Jericho, carlito or burchill with him

I hope that made sense
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:48 pm

It does, I think Shawn Michaels really needs to step up to the plate now with Hardy and Helmsley now gone from RAW

He is by far the best on the roster and only Jericho and Edge can get the same emotion from the crowds he can, however he will never be the champ again with his current work scheduled and while he may not be interested in being the champ whats the point in being the best if you are not going to be in the main event on a consistant basis.

I would not know if Punk would be a caretaker champ if he did win the title say this coming Sunday however they could just play it by ear and see how his reaction goes with the crowd and his matches play out
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 pm

He would get a great reaction I think. He always has. Lets just say i think sunday is an event that most people will actually be looking forward to for once.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 pm

I dont No HBK always seem to relax and enjoy the summer with out to much effort before kicking into gear for WM build up i think he is a great wrestler and a superb servant to the sport but with his niggling injuries id have to say is he the right man to help carry Raw after this feud id like him to step aside and rest up for one last major top class feud before putting his career to bed
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:09 am

I want a major storyline having Shawn Michaels win the RAW world title whatever one that may be, and then build a story leading to WrestleMania XXV with the Undertaker for the main event title match of the night!

Failing that The Undertaker v Triple H
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:15 am

I know what you mean Doss..But HBK is that good that he coudl carry the title and be on the top of his game for another 5 years. But failing that I think he might pass the torcha t mania next year.

Possibly punk or a distant second would be lance cade, didn't he train him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)   Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to Cash in the MITB (RAW Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1