Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Move Sets...

Go down 
+2
invincibleILeak
Sexton_hardcastle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Currently, do we think that wwe wrestlers are using the worst move sets in a LONG time?

Its Somthing has been bugging me for weeks and I know alot of you will have noticed this aswell. I have been watching and thinking, why is nothing happening in this match bar headlocks or lesser leg submissions!?

Matches seem slower, so slow its unbarable at times and there has been a recent influx of really badly executed powerslams, WHY? WHY WHY all of a sudden is EVERYONE just about, pulling off these running powerslams where the opponant clearly jumps into it and the rotation is just "aided" by the one attacking?

What has made this happen, who has decided this is a good thing for the middle of a match?

all i want to see is the return of varied suplex's and a ddt or 2.

What is up with the wwe right now thats making the matches seem so dire?

has anyone else noticed this strange change?
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Yes, but I am as confused as you why it is happening.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:27 pm

somtimes i really wish that we could let the guys at titan towers how the company is really doing.

fine they sell to kids, but if they keep losing them when they grow up, which is more likely these days, then less kids will bother watching it for starters cos of a rep that it will surely get.

plus i dont mind the appeal to kids, BUT a few changes for fans that could easily just give up watching it surely cant hurt.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Spammer
Spammer
Geronimo

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:05 pm

This is one of the main reasons i beleive atm TNA has a better WRESTLING product not a better complete package but the actual wrestling is so much slciker and exciting to watch!

WWE just pisses me of with this promoting to kids crap when its freaking violence and apparently WWE DVDs are like rated 15 or summit so unless they get rid of the wrestling part then DVD sales are gonna plumet!

Why promote to kids when their best period came when they ran it as a 'soap' with kids men teenagers and women all watching it because it had something for everyone! ( Storylines, violence, excitment and something different )

At this time the WWE isnt really exciting, the storys are crap and while they have the violence its poor stuff.

TNA is that something different atm as its wuick, slick and great to watch- just their acting skills are poor and they dont get big enough crowds!!!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:54 pm

The move set thing is mainly(but not solely) down to one reason IMO, the lost of the territories.

Ever since the farm system has been in place(OVW and now FCW) we have been seeing generic move sets, which is going to happen if your all being trained by the same people, innovation is knocked out of people in order to have the "WWE style".

You get the odd guy that stands out like Morrison and co, but all the rest are pretty shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:08 am

good job kennedy is from ROH then bazz Wink

if he is lol.

but they were doing other moves a while ago, and there are some that dont need training, i.e most submission moves are grounded and rely on the opponent selling the pain.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:14 am

He was in OVW before he was brought up to smackdown as Mr Anderson, so.......

I don't get what you mean with the other part. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:27 am

i mean, matches were not this dire about 7 months ago or less.

and you said how training to be like a WWE star makes ppl wrestle the same, but some moves aint hard to do anyway, so dont require a style.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:00 am

I agree with Bazz on the territories point!

Back in the 80s and even in the 90s different guys were learning different styles in all different areas, you had some guys who didnt come into there prime until there 30s because it took them that long to find a style that would be suitable for a believable gimmick for them, nowadays most of the guys are being trained by the same people to wrestle the same way, its bound to have a knock on effect, in theory the WWE would probably think that it would make matches more slicker and faster if everyone knew what the other was about to do, but in practice its not like that, its become stale very quickly and without these different territories characters are losing there own originality
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Sexton_hardcastle wrote:

and you said how training to be like a WWE star makes ppl wrestle the same, but some moves aint hard to do anyway, so dont require a style.

You don't think the WWE is making it guys wrestle the same style then??
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 5:33 pm

I think I have to agree with bazz and gaff here, the majority of people that come through developmental, come out with practically the same moveset, and in a lot of cases the same generic finisher, because WWE wants everyone to be the same, hell they even recently sent out a memo to try and get all the commentators to do their job the same way.

If you look at the WWE, the people who still have an exciting moveset, are more experienced guys like HBK and Taker, who went through several regional promotions before arriving in WWE, and Jericho who spent a lot of time in Japan and Mexico, incorporating those styles, to create his own individual one. Very few people coming through now, have a varied moveset.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:36 pm

bazz23-v2 wrote:
Sexton_hardcastle wrote:

You don't think the WWE is making it guys wrestle the same style then??

i just dont see how they have not noticed how stale some matches are.

but smackdown was decent, so it doesnt matter too much.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySat May 17, 2008 9:41 pm

I think the whole mathces are improving with WWE, but technically they should be getting worse so...
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:48 am

Sexton_hardcastle wrote:

i just dont see how they have not noticed how stale some matches are.

but smackdown was decent, so it doesn't matter too much.

Smackdown may of been good(I don't know haven't watched it), but how many times its been shit out number how many times its been good.

I think your being kind when you say some are stale, I would call them shitness of the highest caliber.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Just look at Steve Austin for an example!

He was excellent as Stunning Steve Austin in WCW but was lacking that little something, then he went to ECW where he got more brutal, he then went on to the WWF were he was similar in styles to his WCW days then he combined both WCW and ECW into his character in the WWF and Stone Cold was born!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE Move Sets... Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Move Sets...   WWE Move Sets... Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Move Sets...
Page 1 of 1