Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Managers

Go down 
+4
Geronimo
fe®gie22™
rock from niceboard
Joker-C4lum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:36 pm

How much of an impact do you think they make?

Obviously they are told what to do and what matches to make, but i think if Regal was put into the upper midcard of Raw with this new gimmick, and WWE got shot of Vicky and Armando then just having 3 new GM's can really make each Brand improve. Having three new charasmatic GMs, bringing their on screen characters with them would make some brilliant TV

RAW - Stone Cold
Smackdown! - Eric Bischoff
ECW - Paul Heyman

The WWE would be forced to make matches that those particular characters would make, and all three of them can pitch some brilliant ideas to the creative department, which will go through to Vince for him to add his touch, however good Regal is, suprisingly improved Vicky is (she's captured the heel role brilliantly) having those three in charge would create some brilliant promos, and bring each show to the next step, maybe not just yet but an idea for the future.

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:41 pm

I think the GM's make an important contribution to the show as they can have good quality backstage promos with the superstars regardless of whether the GM is face or heel, they can help move storylines along by making decision which affect a match eg making the Fatal 4 Way at Backlash an Elimination match and they can even take part in matches.

I agree with Stone Cold being GM of RAW, Eric Bishoff as GM of Smackdown and Paul Heyman being GM of ECW. All 3 of these guys are great characters and can really add something to their shows. They could also have promos with each other talking about the other's brand which could eventually lead to inter-promotional matches.
Back to top Go down
fe®gie22™
Spammer
Spammer
fe®gie22™

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Where is Vince btw not seen him for a couple of weeks
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 pm

They are all very charasmatic, somehting Vicky and Armando are not, although i like Regal, he seems to be easily intimidated into making matches, with Stone Cold in the picture this kind of thing wouldn't happen because of Stone Colds character.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:49 pm

fergie22 wrote:
Where is Vince btw not seen him for a couple of weeks

I was thinking about that aswell, probably just taking a much earnt holiday and preparing himself for the next 'big' storyline
Back to top Go down
Geronimo
Spammer
Spammer
Geronimo

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 pm

I miss the days when a chunk off the show was full of great promos and GMs backstage
I doubt Heyman will ever be GM of ECW again and I doubt Eric probably wont come beack but i could see Stone Cold as a manager.

Its a dream off mine since Flair retired for him to be GM of RAW

I really think a more involved GM and a couple decent stables and a few tag teams would make the WWE great again
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 pm

who out of talent now could step up in years to come too.

One day Edge as raw GM is my hopes for the future, even though it will be HHH Sad

face Gm's are bad though so i dont know, only austin can pull off "GM what is cheered n that like"
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:55 am

HHH, Edge, MVP, Jericho, HBK and JBL are all possible candidates?

If Cage ever decided to return to WWE a brand ran by Edge and Christian would be genius
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 am

Heyman would only come back if vince game him full control over ECW.

Flair would make a good GM, as would stone cold.

I feel that tommy Dreamer would be a good ecw gm.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:41 pm

I think General Managers add alot to the show, and without them I think big matches would seem quite bland without someone announcing it like a GM.
From the people in WWe at the moment, I would like to see these as the GM's:

Raw:
Vince/Flair

I like Vince, and as he already stays on Raw anyway, I think he could play a great GM. Or Flair, as he's Flair.

SD:
Teddy Long

I think he's a good GM, and want to hear, 'THE UNDERTAKER!' again.

ECW:
Tommy Dreamer

He is in ECW, he suits it, he's recognizable and he's ok with the mic, I think this would be a short term appointment though, as they need someone really contraversial.

I don't think Heyman would come, just as an on-screen character, but if he did come back, and did have full control over ECW it would be a lot better. I think Stone Cold would be good, but I am not sure he would come back as a GM. Eric Biscoff makes a great GM but I'm not really sure that he would come back either and would want some backstage power as well.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 am

My own personal choice would be

RAW - Shane McMahon

SMACKDOWN - William Regal (although I would like Flair to take over around the Rumble time, gives him a proper time away)

ECW - Jonathon Coachman

I think Teddy Long is brilliant, but I would like to see him manage Batista or Umaga
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Managers Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Managers   General Managers Empty

Back to top Go down

General Managers
Page 1 of 1