Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER

Go down 
+4
thegunman84
Discopants
invincibleILeak
Marty McFry
8 posters

BEST OPENING MATCH IN SUMMERSLAM HISTORY
97-Cage Match: Mankind beat HHH
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap40%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
98-European Title:D-Lo Brown beat Val Venis
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap10%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
00-Right To Censor beat Too Cool & Rikishi
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap10%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
01-I-C Title: Edge beat Lance Storm
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap0%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
02-Kurt Angle beat Rey Mysterio Jr.
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap40%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
03-Champions La Resistance beat The Dudley
Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_lcap0%Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
04-The Dudley Boyz &LOondon,Kidman &Rey
 0% [ 0 ]
05-U.S. Title: Chris Benoit beat Orlando Jordan
 0% [ 0 ]
06-Chavo Guerrero beat Rey Mysterio
 0% [ 0 ]
07-Kane beat Finlay
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Empty
PostSubject: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Over the next few days I will be conducting a series of polls and discussion on this board (to keep the wrestling board free as this could take a lot of space) in order to find the PRO-HEEL endorsed greatest Summerslam card of all time.

7 matches with one from each of these catagories.....

OPENING MATCH (must have opened a summerslam)

GIMMICK MATCH (IE: not a one pinfall match, if more than one on a card i will pick the best one for the poll)

MID-CARD TITLE MATCH (Again if more than one I wil pick the best)

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

MAIN EVENT FUED (not title)

WWE/WWF TITLE MATCH (when it became 2 world titles i will poll which ever title was on Raw)

As you can only have 10 options per poll I will pick the top 10 from each segment

AND WE START WITH THE OPENER.......
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 2:42 pm

This will run for 1 day then we will move onto the next section.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Mankind vs. HHH

I have seen that one and the only other ones I've seen are from 04 onwards so that ones the best. But I guess Lance Storm vs. Edge must have been quite good.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:00 pm

It was between HHH-Mankind and D'lo v Venis for me but I went for the Venis fight purely because I used to hate the bland Hunter gimmick and that match at the time was the only good one he had ever had.
D'lo v Venis was a masterclass in booking and execution so I went with that.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 pm

98 was definitely my favourite Summerslam overall, there wasn't a bad match on the whole card but HHH and Mankind just wins it for me. Loved the blue cage too lol.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Angle vs Mysterio, never thought it would work at the time, but was blown away by what they managed to produce.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I can't remember it but I hate Mysterio anyway.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:25 pm

Kurt Angle v Rey Mysterio
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm

When you say you hate Mysterio Marty, I assume you mean the WWE version who had half his moves taken away from him? Watch his WCW stuff and you see a whole different side to him Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc 97 is an absolute classic. The match against Angle, was just after Mysterio arrived in WWE, so he was still busting out some great shit, and Angle is always on fire.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah I mean WWE-Mysterio. WCW/ECW Mysterio was quality.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
When you say you hate Mysterio Marty, I assume you mean the WWE version who had half his moves taken away from him? Watch his WCW stuff and you see a whole different side to him Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc 97 is an absolute classic. The match against Angle, was just after Mysterio arrived in WWE, so he was still busting out some great shit, and Angle is always on fire.

When you say "had half his moves taken away from him", who by???
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 pm

By 'the people who don't want Triple-H & Undertaker to look bad' they also book Mr Kennedy.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh right, the imaginary people.

well now that I know...........
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:23 pm

In all seriousness, WWE does restrict performers out puts.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm

But Mysterio though??? when ray HIMSELF(IE not iwc members) said in a shoot, he had to restrict his own moves because of injuries.

The shoot was before he even joined WWE by the way.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Never seen that shoot interview before, just always assumed it was the usual WWE tactic of reducing the moves of most of the cruiserweights.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm

This is the first part, its got links to the others, couldn't tell you which part he says it in though. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77IHM759jYY&feature=user

There is also a radio one from last year but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 pm

was a toss up for me, but once i'd cleaned myself up i think angle v mysterio just takes it
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Best opening match in SummerSlam history

SummerSlam 1989
The Hart Foundation v The Brain Busters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER   Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest SUMMERSLAM card EVER
Page 1 of 1