Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?

Go down 
+2
bazz23-v2 ®™
\/Chopsticks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Empty
PostSubject: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:31 pm

So Discopants convinced me to download my first ever WCW ppv as i never watched it really only saw bits and bobs in the invason storyline obviously. But after watching WCW spring stampede 1998
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Stampede#1998

It has so many similarites to todays TNA , so that brings meto the question can TNA ever challeneg WWE in the ratinggs and have another rating wars on our hands. I know nearly everybody wants them to do cause it will force both companys to improve thier programming .

After watching the PPV i noticed that WCW concentartes a lot on the lighter people as well similar to the X DIVISON which i am big fan of cruserweight style wrestling as many people know and some people dont like it. However despite TNA bieng a 6 sided ring and WCW 4 there still plenty more similarites for example the announcer guy is the same . And one of the commentators is the same not shitty don west but the other one . Also they concentarting on faction war for example NWO in the baseball match and in the no DQ main event.

So surley TNA have these similarites os they can challenge WWE?

Well in my opinoin this is incorrect cause all thouh there are some similarites TNA need to starighten out a few things first like
-Build a TV title a extra title that people challeneg for and is defended evry week [similar to gaffers internte title idea] Also then you can hire more wrestlers for example youll have
-WORLD title
-TV title
-X title
-tag title
-Womens title

-Bring in a few more big names iknow they have booker angle and nash but i think within the next year or two if there really going to challeneg WWE in the ratings they need to steal 2-4 big names for example maybe sign RVD.

-Conecntarte on strong points not week points . For example when TNA try and use comedy it fails 8 out of 10 times so dont use it asmuch however tehy have a striving knockout divison and correct me if im mistaken but did wcw not have a womesn title so they have one up on them.

-A Mjor Impact - Not sure what yet but they need to make a big statement like where here and where here to stay and challeneg WWE i mean they got the right idea with the corss the line thing however they need something big maybe snaekay advertisment like signs in wwe shows i dont know something to really make them on the map.

- Go live they need that rush and adrenaline cause otherwie people may just look at spoilers i remember a while back they went live for one week and it worked fine so why not permantley ?

-Shown same time in uk as us -They need a international market cause many people E.G. Sexton said that he will onyl watch if it gets a live schedule cause otherwise you ahve to wait to saturday or sit at youre comp for one and a half hours.

-Thought about this one for a while know and its easier said than done i admit but sort the ufcking interviews and commentators out i know they want to be loyal as don west as been there since the beggining but for god s sake he isshite. Watching WCW with the 3 commentatotrs IMO didnt really work . But i saw truly how booby the brian hennan is a LEGEND. Anyway get someone such as Paul Heyman in itll make the world of wrestling take notice and thats a good thing. Also with Coachman doing fuck all and his contract running out soon why not hire him instead of these shitty women that change every 2 weeks . Credit to Borash though he gets stik but i think he does his job well.

-GM situation - Came up with a storyline proablly wouldnt work but it could

BISCHOFF V CORNETTE

I know bischoff is doing that celeb werstlng thing but i think a angle where bischoff invades tna with some maybe old WCW people and then cornettes gets a team of some TNA pros would be great i can see it know a survivor series type of match up TEAM CORNETTE V TEAM BISCHOFF for gm job.I can se it escalating to a great match at Bound for Glory

Thoughts?

With taht i bid you farwell AU REVIOR
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Quote :
Bring in a few more big names iknow they have booker angle and nash but i think within the next year or two if there really going to challeneg WWE in the ratings they need to steal 2-4 big names for example maybe sign RVD.

None of the big names they brought in did anything long term to the ratings so why waste money?? they need to SLOWLY build there own stars, not bring in more past it has beens/never will be's.

Quote :
however tehy have a striving knockout divison and correct me if im mistaken but did wcw not have a womesn title so they have one up on them.

While I don't mind seeing good women wrestlers(tna do a fine job at that), they DO NOT = big ratings, sure they bring TNA ratings compared with what some of their other crap gets, but Im talking proper ratings

Quote :
Go live they need that rush and adrenaline cause otherwie people may just look at spoilers i remember a while back they went live for one week and it worked fine so why not permantley ?

They MUST have there reasons for not going live then.

TNA is no alternative, its WWE but done much more poorly, a real alternative would be something completely different, something which TNA is not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:53 pm

i agree with bazz. TNA is wwe under a different name. They use similar story lines, similar characters, and all the like.
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Buit i still can not see a valid reason NOT to go live they got thiere highest ratings i beileve and nothing went wrong scratch
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Don't they still tape two shows back to back?? if so that might be the reason because would save money on travel for all the staff and shit.

Who knows?.......or cares Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm

there will never be a ratings war because they are not broadcasting on the same night.

it could be a fatal step for either company to run head to head
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:16 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Don't they still tape two shows back to back?? if so that might be the reason because would save money on travel for all the staff and shit.

Who knows?.......or cares Smile

Yea they work two days a fortnight for iMPACT

Not bad work if you can get it!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:37 pm

The difference with WCW and TNA was that WCW were doing something new and original unlike TNA. A six sided ring and two entrance ramps don't make it any different to WWE, that's just changing things for the sake of it. As loads of people have said it's still just a poor mans WWE. WCW brought something fresh to the table and challenged WWE head on with a faster, slicker, more adult orientated show forcing WWE to improve rapidly. TNA pretty much targets the same audience as WWE and people just aren't as interested. For TNA to pose a threat they need to change the way they do things and stop signing big names who come in with their own terms.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:46 pm

sayin that tho, a lot of big names in WWE have come from other places too.

the majority from WCW and ECW

wwe are just as notorious for it as anywhere else is
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:50 pm

WWE never give anyone (official anyway) creative control. WWE is by far the biggest so wrestlers come to them but TNA has to come to the wrestlers and give them some creative control and guarantee they'll be on top or whatever.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:51 pm

But the WWE have the capacity to deal with it where as TNA simply don't

Disco is correct in what he says although there is no big secret in the way to succeed!

Take a look at what the WWE are offering then just alter it slightly, TNA should design there shows for adults, it may not make people stop watching WWE but it sure as hell will make people tune in to see iMPACT more often!

They over complicate things in TNA and there in lies the problem

As for the big names, I don't really have a problem when those guys are Cage, Angle and Booker T, not the biggest fan of Book but he is a good worker, I also think having Sting gives it some prestige, not because he is the Stinger of the 90s but simply because he is the guy that Vince would probably like to have had at some stage and it ain't going to happen
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Discopants wrote:
WWE never give anyone (official anyway) creative control. WWE is by far the biggest so wrestlers come to them but TNA has to come to the wrestlers and give them some creative control and guarantee they'll be on top or whatever.

I think Hunter has some creative control in fairness now!

Especially since his move to SMACKDOWN

I agree though, the downfall in WCW began when guys like Hogan Hart Goldberg Sting and Nash all had creative control, its just not going to work!

I believe that guys should have a say in there character progression, the more of the man in there character the more believable it is, however when you start giving them carte blance then they all end up looking out for number 1
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant by "official" lol. It's not in HHH's contract but he has it anyway but I'm sure a lot of the top guys must've had some sort of say but the main event of WCW PPV's was the same 5 or 6 for literally years because of these stupid clauses. It still sounds totally ridiculous suggesting giving wrestlers that sort of control. I mean, what's the point in having anyone else there then if they're going to decide everything?

Still, with TNA they don't seem to know what direction they're going in either, it all looks a bit mixed up IMO. Like you said a more adult feel would surely help but that's still fairly difficult to pull off. Basically I don't think they are or ever will be a threat to WWE.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 pm

but if you get these big vets in from the other side of the tracks, surely they are gna be the big names and the big draws in the company. its pointless to put effort into signing big names and then stick them at the bottom of the pack

i remember wen booker t signed up to tna he said something like he wants to work in the top draw of the company, but he doesnt want to be champ. he wants to put the younger talent over
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:28 pm

You can't just allow guys who have just signed to walk automatically into the main event though even if he is putting guys over

Joe was due his time, Cage had done nothing wrong, Angle was champ Kaz was getting his chance to see what he could do, Tomko was having the push of his career and AJ was always destined for the top anyway

Booker had to bide his time and rightly so, if your going to promise the world ASAP to all your knew signings it becomes boring and predictable then its bound to spread resentment in the locker room as well with guys being held back due to politics, the main reason they claim they leave the WWE in the first place
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm

in all honesty tho, kurt angle did bide his time and he is the top talent in the company at the minute.

other than that all the other "big guys" from wwe havent really had a sniff. so its a half empty arguement
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Cage has raised the bar in terms of match ability and popularity of the show

I can say that for a fact because I watch it now (well not lately) but watch it mainly for Christian Cage, I doubt I am alone!
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:00 pm

Just wondering what people thought of hiring Heyman as commentator i mean he could be heel-ish and then they have the other bloke [teenay ?]

Also the Bischoff v Cornette storyline?

As i stated i know not all of that is possible but it would make people take notice surley?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

well i personally think don west < Mike Ademle's first few weeks, and i really enjoy TNA.

Replacing Don West for anyone would be a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?
Page 1 of 1