Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Warrior Returning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

The Ultimate Warrior Returning Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Taken from pwinsider:

"The Ultimate Warrior Announces His Return To Pro Wrestling

Staggering news resounded in the NWE Arena during the Madrid show on April 19th. More than 15,000 fans had the chance to see the award presentation which celebrated the career of professional wrestling icon, The Ultimate Warrior; who was in attendance to accept his award. However, controversy erupted during the presentation when NWE Champion Orlando Jordan mocked a young fan of Warrior's at the event. Warrior was quick to come to the defense of this fan which led to a heated conflict between Warrior and Jordan.

On June 25th 2008 in Barcelona, after a 12 year absence from the ring, The Ultimate Warrior will officially make his wrestling comeback in a match against Jordan. The news was confirmed this morning by Warrior's agent, Bernie Gernay in a statement.

"For over 10 years this is what the entire wrestling world has been waiting for, the return of the Warrior. We are excited to bring back the greatest character and energy to ever get into the ring. Ultimate Warrior is an incredible marketing machine and has kept a tremendous value to his name which is why the NWE has stepped up with a substantial deal that worked very well for both sides. There is no disputing that Warrior left a mark on professional wrestling that no other talent did and the reason why still today he is often imitated, but never duplicated."

Over the next few days the NWE will inform fans of the preparations for one of the biggest and most important wrestling events ever to be held in Europe. As the news progresses it is sure to be the headlines of wrestling news and forums throughout the internet and will most certainly have all in the wrestling industry and fans alike in great anticipation to see what the Warrior will deliver on June 25th, and perhaps beyond."

Bernie J. Gernay
Agent for The Ultimate Warrior

What do you guys reckon the future holds for him, wrestling has changed since he had those battles with Hogan. Nowadays wrestlers have a whole host of different moves, back then wrestlers had about 5 moves (still more than Cena and Orton have currently). I'd have money on TNA signing him up to make a few appearances
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:49 pm

I'd kinda like to see this, it could be good for a laugh. If the match goes more than 3 minutes though, then it'll probably turn into a farce of epic proportions.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm

If this is true its brilliant news, the Ultimate Warrior was one of the main reasons a whole army of kids myself included fell in love with the wrestling business, hopefully now in his more mature state he could perhaps manage a 10 minute match

TNA would be the perfect place for him though, dont think Vince would bother with that again although if he is looking for someone to headline ECW and he is still very marketable (which I have no idea about) then a6 month run might not be out the question
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Never really saw much of him,when was he around? would he be a good asset for either WWE or TNA?

May look up some videos of his old matches, i take it they are short ones....
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:11 pm

He was never the greatest, he was all energy and strength, and when that went things looked pretty weak, as a kid though he was perfect

I am assuming he is not in the same shape these days as he was back then, so I am wondering if his energy levels are not a great he might be slower and actually be able to put on a decent match

For me his best matches were in 1989 and 1990 when he had a serious of matches with Rick Rude and he also looked good in his matches with Mr Perfect, his Mania 6 match with Hogan surprised everyone because both actually performed to there very peak
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:22 pm

He may not be the best of wrestlers but does seem to be an entertaining one, and he is built perfectly for vince, although im sure that look has somewhat changed now

Last edited by [C4lum][TexasRattlesnake] on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:22 pm

The problem with warrior is that by the time he got to the ring he was gone so his matches had to be short there could never be a story in his matches apart from when he beat Hogan
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Having thought about it I really enjoyed his serious of matches against the Macho King as well clminating in there excellent retirement match at Wrestlemania VII although Savage schooled him through a lot it, I also thought there match at Summerslam92 was really good as well although it lacked the serious heat that Savage brought to it as a heel!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Yeah the retirement match is definitely my favourite Warrior match, like the Hogan match it is something that was planned out step by step beforehand, which obviously seems to help the Warrior, as he gets a bit lost after the 100th clothesline. I still enjoy watching the match with Hogan in WCW, as everything just seems to go wrong in that match.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:52 pm

I hated that match with Hogan in WCW and for me was everything that turned out to be wrong with the WCW and the power that Hogan held in that time!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah it was a terrible, terrible match, and was the very definition of crash tv. But it's like the debut of The Shockmaster, I know it's bad, and everything goes tits up, but I can't help but watch.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 pm

Ahhh now the Shockmaster is something to watch though, when you look at the state of that its shameful that the WWF actually let WCW steal a march on them
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 pm

Yeah it truly is legendary stuff, from the fall, to the helmet coming off, to the audible groans of the commentators, it's all so perfectly bad. And to think that WCW continued to try and push him after that. Damn that Ole Anderson and his stupid ideas.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 pm

I think pushing him would not have been a bad decision but not with the mask on, not that it was much of a mask in the first place, they should have made a big deal about signing him, he was a former World Tag Team champion in the WWF, multiple and I'm sure he mainevented many house shows with Hogan and a couple of Saturday Night Main events so if he was going to be pushed he should have been pushed as 'signing a star who became disillusioned with the WWF'
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Yeah they could have pushed him, but after the initial debacle, I'd have completely repackaged him first. First impressions can be everything, and his was a disaster. Classic wrestlecrap though.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:59 pm

I agree with you, not that I would have pushed him to the heavens anyway, he was an alright big man, but that was about it, what I did like back in those days though that the big guys in the business in those days certainly had to work, unlike guys now days like Mark Henry who gets to hide behind his crap gimmick and never looks anything like his actual gimmick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Warrior Returning   The Ultimate Warrior Returning Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Warrior Returning
Page 1 of 1