Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MVP - Over rated or under used?

Go down 
+6
thegunman84
Sexton_hardcastle
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
King Macca
bazz23-v2 ®™
the-gaffer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

MVP - Over rated or under used? Empty
PostSubject: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:19 am

Firstly I do not have an answer to this, I am just trying to find out the opinions of the others on here.

About 8 months ago I wrote an article on MVP stating that I thought he was the new Rock, I thought he was going places and his programme with Matt Hardy which saw him become a double champion was very interesting as well as very watchable, however due to some bad booking and then Hardys injury MVP seemed to stall and then found himself jobbing to guys like Ric Flair in a match that was pretty much pointless, just a rushed feud with no real story to it or conclusion, since then he has had a few decent matches but I was watching him with with CM Punk this week on SMACKDOWN and he just looked slow and uninterested, I was thinking if that was Batista who was turning in those performances week on week there would be an up roar.

Now is MVP's problem simply that he has nothing to really get his teeth into or is it more to do with a lack of skills inside the ring?

Reasons for your answers would be better for debate!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:29 am

I'm like you on this one, I'm not sure if he's overrated or not to be honest, Iv said it before, he's not done much worth talking about in "matches" since his program with Benoit, to suggest he is worthy of being pushed to the next level. Most of the good stuff he did with Matt didn't come in matches but in the build up promos and shit.

His booking while Matt was out, was truly shocking in his defence though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 am

I remember your original post on MVP and yes since then he's done jack all.
I said when it came rounf to MITB that it was a crucial match for him and what WWE planned for him.
Win and they wanted to push him.
Lose and at his age he may not get many more chances.
I think he may be an also ran.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:16 am

I don't mind guys who are nothing more than mid carders though as long as they are good value, Jake the Snake Roberts and The Million Dollar Man spring to mind but even at that level MVP seems to be coming up short just now.

I enjoyed his programme with Hardy, well to begin with anyway and there early run as the tag champs, but they held onto the titles far far to long and it hindered there own rivalry, a story like that when opponents become tag champs should run no longer than a month at thee very most in my opinion then onto there much anticipated match up for the US title.

As for the Money In The Bank match, well I would have gone for Jericho however he does not need that for a push so its logical he does not win it, CM Punk while not my favourite was a nice surprise and gave us something to think about in the follow up to his victory, I never felt MVP would win that one, although looking at his record at the time as a 10 month old champion of the US title many would agree that the time was as good as it ever was going to be to make that step up, he also had a very decent programme with Batista in the run up to Mania and both looked good.

I think he is looking very slow and easily tired in his matches in the last few months, maybe is carrying an injury, who knows, I just don't feel he is worthy of all this praise he tends to get, and I myself am as guilty as the next man on that front
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:56 am

It doesn't also help when he hasn't had a programme of note for a while. When Matt got injured, the steam ran out of that feud pretty quickly, and as Gaffer says, hasn't been booked very well since.

I do think he's being lined up for a move to Raw, and it would be another rushed programme if they put him against, say, Punk for a couple of shows. I hope they move him to Raw, and give him a programme with Kennedy - the 2 of them promo-ing against each other, hopefully having the really good matches against each other that could elevate both of them, instead of him jobbing to Trips as a possible threat to his position.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm

i wouldnt think he was the new rock really due to his age, but i saw a lot of promise as did many and since he hasnt been doing f-all.

Im not sure why booking was so bad, maybe just to show him he has to work to get to the top, if say he had a bit of an ego backstage too.

On smackdown this week though i felt its pure aim was to begin the elevation of punk and mvp to main event status, or near enough to it, so a move to raw i wouldnt like, as hed be under so many other people, depending on the draft.

i have always wanted to see Mvp vs kennedy, mvp vs edge, edge vs kennedy though so all on the same brnd would be superb, really making a deal out of the WHC instead of letting it seem weaker with edge not wrestling that much.

mvp evaluation, probably has what it takes, if hes not forgotten what THAT is.
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:43 pm

i wouldnt think he was the new rock really due to his age, but i saw a lot of promise as did many and since he hasnt been doing f-all.
------------------------------

Its not about age though and at that particular time I was not aware of how old he was, however it was his look, his attitude and his charisma that lead me to label him as such!

Age had no factor
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:47 pm

MVP I think, has shown himself to be a reliable worker who is also good on the mic. It does seem as if they don't really have anything for him to do right now, so I'm not sure if that's affecting his performances. I do remember that not long before Hardy returned from injury, that MVP had a series of matches with Batista, which were all of a pretty good level, and it's clearly not Batista who did the bulk of the work in those matches.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 pm

I agree guns, but CM Punk is a good worker even if I dont like him and MVP looked poor in there beside him, like I said (and everyone knows I'm not keen on big Dave) if Batista was putting in those kind of performances he would be getting slaughtered on the net, or if Shawn Michaels performanced only 5 times better than that he would be accused of phoning it in!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Well I haven't actually seen that match, so I can't really comment on it. But from what I have seen of MVP he has looked like a good worker. I fhis performance really was as bad as you say, then perhaps he was phoning it in, due to WWE having no direction for his character at present. That doesn't justify it, but it would at least explain a sub-par performance from a talented wrestler.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:04 pm

I dont think its been just this week though, I think apart from the Batista programme he has looked like that all year, Batista may not be a good talent but he is a big name and a big scalp so its not a surprise he did well, I believe he has talent, plenty of it, I just do not think he has justified the credit he always seems to get, and I am as guilty as anyone on here for that, I talk him up yet shout down Batista yet Batista has been far more entertaining this year
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 pm

i think the answer is both, I have never really got it about MVP, I mean he has the basics down but he doesnt seem to have any moves.
That said tho he is entertaining on the mic and can get some heat from the crowd so maybe he is being under utilised by management, but then again quite a lot of other guys are as well at the moment.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 9:22 pm

I think the problem is that MVP has shown what he can really do, both on the mic and in the ring, and he has set that standard for himself, but WWE aren't allowing him to hit those standards.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am

MVP is up there with the likes of Jericho and HBK on the mic, but recently i feel he's been a bit sloppy in the ring, it almost looks as if he's loosing interest, saying this i think he has the potential to be a credible challenger for Edge's WHC, it would certainly sharpen him up!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 pm

(Gaff i suggest this same thread be a Poll,It could be good,i have not seen enough of him sine about crimbo to judeg him)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Not really into polls Doss, I prefer more people to express there opinions and try and spark some to and for debate rather than someone just clicking on and clicking one or the other
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MVP - Over rated or under used?   MVP - Over rated or under used? Empty

Back to top Go down

MVP - Over rated or under used?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: