Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TNA at the SkyDome Coventry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

TNA at the SkyDome Coventry Empty
PostSubject: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 3:06 pm

I know ive been away recently....as I've had lots on

I made time to go to the TNA show in Coventry and gotta say the atmosphere was electric. Watched a great show, only disappointment was that Christian Cage, Curry Man and Shark Boy wernt there. But Jeff Jarett made an appearance.

After the show i realised the front 4 rows were classed as VIP tickets which is pretty much where i was sitting. After the crowds had disperse A few TNA wrestlers came out for pictures and autographs, unfortunately Gail Kim couldn't remember her phone number off by heart to give it to me, and her response to 'Can I have a signed bra' was greeted with 'i havnt got one on'

AJ Styles did disappoint me as he was the wrestler most in demand but he went round signing autographs within 10minutes and had no time to take pics. Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Booker T didnt come out for autographs either. The wrestler with the best people skills in my eyes was Hernandes. The guy spent about an hour signing autographs taking pictures and mingling with pretty much everyone.

All in all it was a great show and for my lil nephew it was a day he will never forget....and one that I wont either
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:55 am

I have obviously been beaten to it (damn you artful). I got back from cooventry yesterday, with a speeding ticket none the less...But happy with what I had seen.

From 1.00 in the afternoon 600 people turned up to the fan interaction where you get to mee the TNA stars. Every1 from the tour was on hand to sign for you apart from booker T.

I met AJ, Joe, abyss (huge), Gail Kim, Petey williams and I held the x title. The suprise for me was that...sonjay was a moody bastard and Awesome Kong is 1 of the nicest women you will meet.

It made my day meeting The anarchist doug williams, who was apart of the best match of the night, and the showstealer alex shane who is now a booker.

I will review the event later.....got to do some work now
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:20 am

Theres a reason this was my first wrestling show. I have read reviews and interviews with fans who felt short changed by the product WWE put out in a House show.

The sun online summed it up perfectly. There were more bumps, wrestling moves and holds in the first match of the card than the whole of a WWE show.

MCMG versus Roode and Storm.....Obviously MCMG won the mathc with some impressive double teaming. This match got the crowd going well.

We then had Awesome knog versus kim. This was a solid match. Kong bought out all the big moves and the crowd appreciated it with a standing ovation at the end for both. This is why Kong is probably the best female wrestler around at the moment.

The battle of the big men was next. Rhino versus abyss. This consisted of 5 minutes of crowd interaction ewith the usual lets go rhino, lets go abyss chants. I was for abyss.

Abyss damn near broke the ring with the black hole slam, good solid match. The crowd made this great.

The next match was 1 of 2 matches of the night. Lethal, doug williams and shockingly Aj styles to the loudest cheer of the night. There was no souythern aj, no styles preoccupied by karen angle. this was the phenomonal one at his best.

This was fast paced and had the crowd divided. All fan favourites. Obviously Aj styles won with the move of the night. Doug williams hit the chaos theory, managed to get the 2 count and then aj picked doug up who was in the brige pin and performed the styles clash.

We then had intermission followed by a 5 minute JB with Dixie carter coming out and announced the tour in january.

Next we had the second match of the night. LAX versus Petey and sonjay. Chant of the night was Mrs Steiner any timePetey was on top. Great match. Dives, hard hitting moves and good double team. What more can you want other than an LAX win.

Next we had a suprise. Most people in attendance new angle was injured. He came out and cut a face promo with the usual Screw you vince. Next he invited Jeff jarrett out, as thank you Jill ringing around the arena. This choked him up as He thanked the fans.

The mainevent was Joe versus booker t. The usual booker t match. Hes getting older and therfore can not take the joe bumps. Highlight of the match was the ooh lay chants. Joe won by tap out.

Over all a really good show. With interaction before I spent a total of £32.00 on 6 yours. My gilfriend thoroughly enjoyed it and we will be in the que in january.

As artfule said. the only people missing were daniels and christian. But every1 else made up for there absence
Back to top Go down
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:15 pm

I got similar feedbacks about the WWE events too, that there wasnt much interaction between the wrestlers and fans. TNA seemed to make sure the fans all left happy.

Villarule were abouts were u sitting?

I sat by the end where joe came to and demanded a chair.

On a side note Gail kim does have one fine ass
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:22 pm

Block 8. Was sitting as I went with my girlfriend....It was so good

Got Noah on saturday, just hoping that is half as good as TNA and I will be happy

Also stayed at the IBIS hotel
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 pm

I think im going to go and see TNA in London next time they are down, seem much better VFM than WWE.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:35 pm

I spent £32, 3 hours of quality wrestling, 3 hours meeting wreslters, getting autographs and pictures. Really good value for money
Back to top Go down
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I spent £35 to sit in the 3rd row, got auotgraphs and pics too

Are they coming to the NIA in January? would make my life easier

so with JB announcing that they might do a PPV over here what do you guys think will be the likelyhood of that happening.

Ive heard in Australia TNA is more popular than WWE
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Did you got to interaction before hand. Awesome kong is one of the nicest people you will meet.

When I figure how to i will put my pics up on here.

There playing
nia
men
wembley
glasgow

Thye will struggle with ticket sales but im hoping they will sell out
Back to top Go down
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm

nah mate

i arrived in coventry at 6pm
saw the cue and decided to go to McDonalds for a bit

Were they signing before the event began or were you one of those lucky guys who got a backstage pass for making the most noise ( i didnt see anyone get those)

Did you find a link that they promised us for highlights of the crowd...im certain i was on there i stood up on a chair and in bright blue top
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Look at video above. Its the TNA today. Other than that you will have to wait for the Impact a week saturday.

The meet and greet was 1-4 in lava and ignite. Cost £7.00

Got pics with

Petey and me holding the x title
Abyss
Gail kim
Storm
Doug williams
alex shane
Joe
Aj

Great VFM
Back to top Go down
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:08 pm

crap man i missed out didnt know about the meet and greet

how were we supposed to know about it

i would have arrived there a lot earlier
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:01 pm

It was on the website. Also could have met angle but I refused to que for that. It was really good. Bout 500 people there
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:05 pm

When i went to lockdown, it was in a small enough venue that kong's entrance music actually shook the room. That happen with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA at the SkyDome Coventry   TNA at the SkyDome Coventry Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA at the SkyDome Coventry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: