Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raw rating is in.....

Go down 
+4
worthy
villarule19
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Marty McFry
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Raw rating is in..... Empty
PostSubject: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 am

The worse Raw of the year did....

Which is down .7 from last week.

Who would have thought that McMahon standing on the ramp out of character calling people and giving them money would actually turn viewers away?

FUCKING WRESTLE!

Remember the good old days in the 24 months after The Radicalz signed, 5.0 ratings were all the rage - how did it get SO shit?
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am

Triple H as champ? Remember when Edge took the title off Cena the first time after the Elimination Chamber, the ratings rocketed?

Maybe Vince needs to come up with something like that again, CM Punk cashing in MITB as a total surprise could do it, but would Trips want to do the job? I suspect not...
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 am

No wonder tna is catching up with WWE. Its ratings are consistent at 1.3 where as wwe is getting lower and lower
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am

It's not one off excellent shows they need - they need prolonged storylines that get the fans interested, good long matches on tv that mean something.

Its really so simple but they still churn out that garbage we saw Monday.

Does my head in
-----------------------

TNA's rating are consistantly terrible. it's not catching up, it's thats WWE is getting as bad as them.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 12:00 pm

In the old days WCW was putting on a great show and WWE had to put on equally great shows to close the gap, WCW ratings didnt drop at first, WWE was attracting new viewers as opposed to taking WCW's.
Whats happening now is the opposite, WWE continues to present a poor product but because there are still 4 million more people watching RAW over Impact WWE aren't concerned enough to do anything.

WWE's rating will eventually be in the gutter with TNA's and it will be a battle of who puts on the least shit show.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm

The whole thing smacks of desparation in my oppinion and you could even here the crowd boo at one point too.

Whats annoying about it is in the time he took to phone them, he could have put 2 more matches on.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Exactly - they moved ONE NIGHT STAND out of Hammerstein because of the crowd chants so if the audience chants "Fucking Wrestle" over and over during these segments maybe they will get the message.

The more I think about the reasoning behind someone standing on the ramp during a wrestling broadcast and calling people live on air and just giving them money the more angry I get.
There are people who have been watching WWE non-stop for 20 years, through thick, shit and thin and Vince is trying to bribe people into watching a show they dont enjoy in the hope they get given money.
Why not appeal to the wrestling fans that have turned off instead of joe Public, why not take a look back at the product 1999-2002 and break the shows down to where the ratings spiked at 8's and 9's - thats what people want to see - ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 1:50 pm

what summed it up for me was chris jericho was stood in the ring EXPLAINING HEEL TURNS TO FANS!

seems to me it was planned for hbk to superkick him again after himtrying to help, but they realised they wouldnt give a shit. so in turn jericho attacks hbk and half the crowd cheer that anyway

for gods sake americans! how thick can you be!
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
The worse Raw of the year did....

Which is down .7 from last week.

Ha fuck you Vince.

I can't believe he thought it would work to be honest, the only people who would of signed up are people that watch anyway and the odd hobo or two.

villarule19 wrote:
No wonder tna is catching up with WWE. Its ratings are consistent at 1.3 where as wwe is getting lower and lower

Why is it people continue to lie about this, 3 weeks ago TNA did its lowest ever rating(0.89), the week later it was back up to its average of around 1.0.

Both shows deserve shit ratings because both shows are fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 3:46 pm

And the best thing about it...

He's booked another for next week! Razz

It's gonna be constantly shit 'till the draft Im thinking!

I was watching an old Raw the other day before Slammy and I said to Disco, when they noted that the last week rating's was a 9.0, what the fuck happened? They went public, so they cant push it like they did 10 year ago. Vince just aint gonna get those number's again, he can increase current rating's, but not with bribery! If he want's to give away his money on Raw either do it in ONE segment, because it filled too much time and the product suffered with barely no build up off current story's (bar HBK/ Jericho), OR do the money give away on Dot Com after!

But next week we've another to look forward to! OH YAY! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 pm

The only way this whole "Mcmahon million dollar give away" thing would be intresting is if Vince phoned someone and they tunred round and say "no this is his mum, and he isn't here right now so can I take a message" or by some stroke of genius the FoneJacker has aplied on WWE.com for the competition and they phone him.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:14 pm

or if some tna heads have applied haha. hi this is KING BOOOKAH! lol

----

in reality though im hoping for vince to make a big anouncement on the show, i was sure he wanted to get alot of people watching then go, LOOK AT THIS and get them hooked with a blinder
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:18 pm

But no extra people tuned in anyway, so the only people who would be hooked are people that watch anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 pm

aye, i think hes ballsed it up now lol.

i mean he apparently said there was too much bull on that ecw so make it about wrestling, then has a singing contest on his precious raw.

all he can do, and we all know it is

A: sign up aload of WRESTLERS that can flip about or have good matches.
B: Poach TNA stars with his millions, not give it to fickle fans.
C: bring back the rock for one year.

thats all he can do
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm

You can't just go and get talent from TNA, they have contracts, the Rock earns 10mill per film, not even Cena earns 10mill a year and he shifts fk loads of merch.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 4:42 pm

i think business wise though, if vince offered the rock 15 million for the year plus liek 5% of merch, financilay its better than giving the fans money in order to make them watch.

the stir it would cause would be massive, then if they get a few more writers for mid card too, they would have a good show with a massive massive draw.

then he could have a real farewell and hopefully the midcard will be good enough by then to make a new massive star or 2

id rather do all i can do get him back, than give my money away, as he says he has enough of it.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 pm

I think the reason there is more of a wrestling based product on ECW right now is because Vince is testing the water, if ECW's ratings increase then RAW will become more wrestling orientated.
That wont happen though cos in the past ECW has been shit on by WWE and I think its a lost cause, so Vinces argument will be "look we tried with a wrestling approach and no one extra tuned in"

The million dollar giveaway is bullshit, for every hobo it attracts it will make a fan like me switch off, when the money giving is over with the skanks will switch off but will the fans who stopped watching care enough to tune back in?
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

i think another big problem is th main event scene, i havent watched a raw main event properly for ages, im either bored by then or it doesnt exite me cos its a random tag with 2 faces and 2 heels who are in rivalries, full of jobbers or makes no real sense.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 pm

I know what you mean - Raw took me 25 mins to watch this week on x12 forward, nothing worth stopping and watching.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 pm

This was the best part of the whole of RAW:

[/quote]

VINCE GOT RICK ROLL'D lol!
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 am

Worthy, what is Rick Roll'd? ive seen the phrase on a few forums.

----------------

The breakdown of the ratings is in and the Mania mania segments were the lowerst rated of the show.

Highest rated segment of the show by far was the Highlight Reel.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 am

Marty McFry wrote:

It's a made up term for Rick Astley's singing (ie, rick'n'roll).
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Marty McFry wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickroll
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Gay, very, very gay
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 3:00 pm

i disagree, i think it's funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw rating is in.....   Raw rating is in..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw rating is in.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: