Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vince and WWE still looking for talent

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Vince and WWE still looking for talent Empty
PostSubject: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:58 pm

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Vince McMahon is strongly searching for new African American Talent. Vince wants an all-American, clean-cut baby face; essentially what he wanted Lashley to be.

- The company has backed off of their recruiting of "great athletes" that were not fans of the business growing up. After the Lashley and Lensar situations, they feel that if wrestling "isn't in your blood" that people will grow to hate the business and leave, like Lashley and Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Yeah about time they actually started hiring people who want to be wrestlers, rather than big juice heads, who think of it as an easy payday because of their size. I'd rather have a bunch of guys like London or Noble who will bust their ass regardless of place on the card, than the likes of Goldberg or Lashley who couldn't really give a shit.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:23 pm

like a super benjamin or somthing.

good intent though, probably batistas long term replacement for the mark crowd, but will also get the respect of those that understand wrestling a bit
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 pm

The problem with that is though that Lesnar may not have liked the business but he was excellent in it, I was never a fan of his but could see his quality!

Why not just give Benjamin that super push, I would be willing to bet they will not find many if any more naturally talented that that guy!
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:38 pm

I think after seeing how much money Khlai has pulled for them in Asia they have realised about wider audience's cause first there were rumours of wanting a chinese giant now an african cause it would mean money and intrest in the sport from other contienents . Also i am liking the jamacain superstar Kofi.

Also not veing rude here but the way the american announcers say carrabiean is strange
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Guns, I know what you are saying, on the BBC i added something to an article about ECW and how they could make it better

I said well they could possibly get more use out of Steve Corino if he is still working with the WWE as a road agent and doing the odd dark matches, RVD if and when he is ready to return, not his biggest fan but he is willing to work and he does love the business, and try and sign top talent Bryan Danielson (which would be unlikely) I believe he is pound for pound the best American Wrestler around, if given the opportunities his abilities deserve he would shine and thrive in the WWE, and depending on how his contract has left remaining then I would be putting the feelers out to try and entice Christopher Danials to the WWE along with his Fallen Angle gimmick!

All guys who are extremely talented, similar type of builds, can perform moves, know how to work the crowd and are good on the mic
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:41 pm

uknowmejnr wrote:
I think after seeing how much money Khlai has pulled for them in Asia they have realised about wider audience's cause first there were rumours of wanting a chinese giant now an african cause it would mean money and intrest in the sport from other contienents . Also i am liking the jamacain superstar Kofi.

Also not veing rude here but the way the american announcers say carrabiean is strange

Its not an African as such though Jnr, what they mean is just a black American

A Ron Simmons, Shelton Benjamin, Ahmed Johnson type
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:44 pm

and its not really to draw in crowds, its more to send the right messege.

wwe likes its roll models aswell as its stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh my bad Embarassed . The thing and sorry to slightly go off topic is in my opinoin cause of Khali being where he is from is bieng shoved down our throats whilst if he was to learn a few moves he could look devastating instead of just a hand on head sorry i mean the super vice grip Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:52 pm

hes too big to wrestle well, simple.

like cena is too built to move as freely as he obv once could.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Those are all pretty good ideas there gaffer. Bryan Danielson in particular could be an excellent addition to the roster, if they were willing to overlook his size and lack of mic skills. Christopher Daniels would be an excellent choice too, and he has the mic skills needed as well. His in ring product is also top notch, as every move he hits is done so crisp and effortlessly. RVD returning would at the very least bring some excitement back to the product for a while, something that is currently lacking. If Corino is still there, he could be used well in a manager type role, utilisng his King of Old School persona to get over a group of no-nonsense wrestlers perhaps.

And on the other point, I guess Vince really, really wanted the Lashley thing to work out, if he's wanting another similar type character so soon afterwards.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Yes, I always got the feeling that if anyone was going to end Cena's reign of winning non stop it was going to be Bobby Lashley

As for Bryan Danielson, I don't think his mic skills are that bad, I actually think he is good on the mic playing that crowd hating heel down to a tee
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Corino is still only 34 and not that old, if he is fit and able he should really be used in an on screen manor, I used to think he was brilliant
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Yeah I've always quite liked Corino myself (Dr. Oznog makes a habit of ripping me for that), I can just envisage Vince's use for him being the latest ECW original to be made a jobber. He has great charisma though, which is why I reckon a managers role would probably be more appropriate, in fact if they're still trying to find somebody to speak for this 2nd generation heel stable, then Corino could be a good choice with the wrestlers being the decendants of old school wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Or possibly brought in to be the GM or ECW
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:14 am

Personaaly this is Bull we will get this great guy who made from The strrets of the toughest estate in Memphis(Huh) and made it big its gonna suck they have 20 or so decent wrestlers who dont get over 20 weeks TV time a year
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Well it looks like we're off to a good start with regards to new talent, with Matt Sydal making his debut on ECW. Good to see him finally getting his shot, as he is an excellent talent. I wasn't sure if he'd ever be called up from developmental, but debuting on ECW is probably the best way to start him off, as there are many guys of a similar size to him on there, so he is unlikely to just be jobber fodder for the big guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince and WWE still looking for talent   Vince and WWE still looking for talent Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince and WWE still looking for talent
Page 1 of 1