Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TNA TerrorDome

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:10 am

I watched this last night, and have to say, I wasn't overly impressed by it at all. The match was too short - about 10 minutes long, was far too busy (but with TNA shoehorning the entire X Division and 2 tag teams into it, this was inevitable), but my main complaint was how it was introduced...

Alledgedly the most evil, demonic match/structure in TNA history, the whole thing was out of place. It should have been the basis for a PPV, not on the undercard of a PPV led by a tag team tournament and a triple threat world title match. It looked like a red version of the blue cage WWE used to use, and due to the nature of the match, there was only 2 real standout spots - the headscissors/suplex/powerbomb spot with Jimmy Rave, and Kaz's finisher with Curryman off the top turnbuckle.

Coming very quickly after Lockdown, maybe TNA should have delayed this one, cut the number of participants (a fatal four way for the X Division title with Petey Williams, Kaz, Curryman and Jay Lethal would have been great), given it longer. The concept of the idea is pretty decent, in short it's a souped-up cage match, but in practice, it just demonstrated all that TNA is doing wrong at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:48 pm

I was looking forward to watching this match last night but completely forgot it was on, this happened last month with Angle v Joe as well.

TNA just isn't in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:38 pm

I enjoyed the Terrodome, but unlike the ultimate x match there wasn't enough scrapping in the air, but I put that down to the fact that there was more wrestlers inside it than atcuall room.

All the other matches were good and that includes the make over battle royal (fuck knows why they were chanting fire Russo just because Roxxy got her head shaved instead of Angelina Love).

ALSO NO RUN IN AGAIN!! TNA ARE ON A ROLL!!

Now if they stop having Gail Kim vs Awseome Kong fighting each other all the time it which is getting as bad as Undertaker vs Batista 5 and Randy Orton vs HHH 7, then TNA could improve.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:55 pm

I agree with Worthy here. I'd heard poor reports on this PPV, but finally watched it yesterday, and with the exception of a couple of the tag matches, thought the PPV was pretty decent. The main event was pretty good, not quite Angle vs Joe, but pretty good anyway, Steiner turning in another good performance, what a contrast to his time in WWE. And as for Terrordome, I thought this was match of the night, and was a good solid X-Division match, which the crowd were clearly very into.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I agree Gunman it wasn't as bad as people made out, my only problem was this stupid storyline that had Russo's finger prints all over it, so lets look at it in TNA style bullet points:

Like a Star @ heaven If Gail Kim lost then due to her having immunity Velvet Sky would have to have her head shaved.

Like a Star @ heaven Gail Kim won and as a result Roxxy had to have her head shaved, but Gail didn't like it and went after Velvet to shave her head instead.

Like a Star @ heaven Ref forced Roxxy in the chair and as she had her head shaved Gail Kim was crying her eyes out.

NOW I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LOT BUT IF GAIL KIM WANTED VELVET SKY TO GET HER HEAD SHAVED INSTEAD OF ROXXY THEN SHE SHOULD HAVE LOST THE MATCH... SIMPLE!!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah it is a bit stupid, the only thing I can think of to explain it was that as much as Gail didn't want Roxxy to get her head shaved, she wanted a shot at the Knockouts title even more. But the whole PPV had Russo-like complications for every match. Fortunately we at least got a bunch of clean finishes.
Back to top Go down
worthy
Regular
Regular
worthy

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Still if you read the comments in this post Sacrifice edition of TNA today you can't help but laugh at the marks posting stuff like "not fair roxxy getting her head shaved" (I feel like posting back saying "it's okay, she has agreed to it" but then TNA has put that thread as comments pending and I would be breaking kayfabe then).

here is the video anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf03edhkY3w (NOTE: I have not embeded it on purpose as that is a TNA's official youtube video under TNA's login).
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:55 pm

the cage needs to be a darker color. The red contrasts the whole "most demonic structure ever!" idea that they were going for. Otherwise, i liked it alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TNA TerrorDome Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNA TerrorDome   TNA TerrorDome Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA TerrorDome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: