Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WCW 2000 Memories.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

WCW 2000 Memories. Empty
PostSubject: WCW 2000 Memories.   WCW 2000 Memories. EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:28 pm

WCW circa 2000 is considered by and large to be the worst period in wrestling history for any one promotion.

There was no coherancy to storylines, fueds were abandoned with no explanations, everything became insider despite the fact that most WCW didn't 'get it' face-heel turns happened weekly, sometimes involving the same person....

For those that Survived Nitro in them days what are your best of the worst memories?

One that always sticks out for me is the build-up to the supposed 'shoot match' between Nash, Goldberg and Steiner, where they told each other they wouldnt be sticking to the script and during one promo Nash actually told Steiner and Goldberg he couldn't gaurantee that he would lay down for the pin if he was booked to lose.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

WCW 2000 Memories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW 2000 Memories.   WCW 2000 Memories. EmptyThu May 08, 2008 11:35 pm

sounds like a fun time to watch wrestling.

This is when the wrestlers booked their own feuds, correct?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

WCW 2000 Memories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW 2000 Memories.   WCW 2000 Memories. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:33 am

Wrestlers still book there own feuds if they are in the know, that in my opinion was one of the worst days in wrestling, when in 1994 Hulk Hogan was given creative control on his character when he joined Ted Turners lot in 'Dubya C Dubya'

I think that was the first real high profile case but I think Andre The Giant had the same kind of understanding with Vince McMahon as well, as he very rarely got pinned

WCW back in those days was a total wreck of a place!

from 1994 they became a real major player with the signing of Hogan and having Flair and Sting on the roster as well and from 1996-1999 they lived the dream but in late 99 and after the turn of the year to the 00s they just completely imploaded!

It for me was fun to watch at the time, I enjoyed what they brought to the table and did realise that the WWF that I had grown to love only became what it was because the WCW presented a challenge but like most teenagers I picked a side and although I knew there best days had gone it was still fun to watch them make a shambles of what they had left!

Ignorance was bliss back then, now we have TNA and I can see them going down that road as well, I do think they have the talent to compete with the WWE, with Cage, Joe, Angle, AJ Styles, Sting, Booket T, Robert Roode, Aybss (wherever he is) James Storm and Jay Lethal then it should be impossible not to compete, however I just think they will end up using desperation tactics!

There is far to much of a WCW/NWO feel about TNA for me right now, and in Joe they have found there very own Goldberg (although I realise there in ring work is different I just mean the anti hero kinda guy)

I hope TNA can sort themselved out or else I fear in a few years time someone will write a similar article to Martys and swap WCW for TNA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WCW 2000 Memories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW 2000 Memories.   WCW 2000 Memories. Empty

Back to top Go down

WCW 2000 Memories.
Page 1 of 1