Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PPVs at the moment

Go down 
+6
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Pablo
thegunman84
Doomhammer
rock from niceboard
invincibleILeak
10 posters
AuthorMessage
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

A couple of years ago, I think, they changed the PPVs, so that all three brands took part. Before this there were seperate PPVs for seperate brands. Now do you think this was a good move or not?
On the one hand it gave diversity and added more wrestlers to the compostion.
But on the other hand it shortened the space in which people could be in, meaning there were less matches per brand.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I think it was a good move as it improves the PPV's by having all the best wrestlers from all 3 brands on 1 PPV but I also miss the seperate PPV's for seperate brands as when we had those PPV's, matches between one RAW superstar and one Smackdown superstar was rare and felt special but now, we saw Smackdown's MVP vs RAW's Y2J and we don't really take much notice of it.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 pm

There are both Pros and Cons for the tri brand ppv.

THe con is that it makes you watch all three brands, in order to understand the feud behind every match on the card.

The pro is that you get to see more good matches, as there is less of a reliance on the undercard of each brand, and more big name stars.

that being said, i like the tri brand.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 pm

With the size of roster that WWE has, then separate PPV's for each brand is a better idea. With every PPV split between the 3 brands, there isn't an undercard and more often than not the tag titles, US and IC titles will be completely forgotten and not defended on PPV. While this does mean there are more big names on each PPV, with the absence of midcarders on PPV, they don't get the chance to become stars themselves.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm

I thought the same gunman, this means that the mid-card is forgotton, and sometimes it was good when you could watch a match without a feud behind it, like a big battle royal or something, I think with the new idea, it's just a big way of promoting the big men even more!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah exactly, like when WCW used to just throw out a couple of crusierweights on PPV for 20 mins just to put on a good match to warm the crowd up, or in WWE they used to put on a random tag match. Also, I remember a little while ago there was a fued between Jamie Noble and Chuck Palumbo, but when it came to the PPV they didn't have a match on it. When guys are fueding, but it's restricted to the regular shows only, it just tells people that they shouldn't care about these guys.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:36 pm

i think it's better when you just throw some people together as fillers, 'cos sometimes they are the best matches at the PPv, like at Backlash, if they just through together, Londrick vs. deuce 'N' domino vs. cryme Tyme, that would be a great match.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:46 pm

i think having the tri branded ppvs is a good idea. it would get boring watching a show for 2 months before it all came to a conclusion or a big turning point in a feud.

personally, if i pay to watch a PPV, i dont want to see some mid card crap. i want to see the best of what each brand has to offer, and doing the 3 brand ppv gives more of that then a regular ppv with shitty warm up matches (btw, they use non-televised dark matches to warm the crowd up)

if you guys want to see lower-mid card guys go at it, then by all means write to the WWE and tell them how you feel.

but me? im gna stick with wanting to see the best of the best
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Well while I can understand people wanting to see the big names, it's hardly the best of the best. When the likes of Kane vs Khali can be on PPV stinking the place up, while talented guys like Morrison, Noble, Yang etc are continually left off, it doesn't really add up. And seriously when is the last time the IC or US titles were defended on PPV? I don't think it's even happened this year yet, and this makes these titles look weak. Same goes for the tag titles, which loads of people moan about how they wish it could be better. Well if the belts are defended regularly on PPV, then they seem more important, and people may actually give a shit about them.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN
Regular
Regular
Mr.RETARD DOSSMAN

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 pm

FLAIR VS MVP RR WAS US TITTLE
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah but come on Doss you muppet everyone knew it was not going to be dropped weeks before, he means defended properly when your not sure who is going to win untill the spoilers come out.
Back to top Go down
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:43 pm

the actual idea behind that match doss, was to make mvp keep the title and make ric flair win that was a true US title match
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:46 pm

That wasn't for the US title anyway doss, MVP tapped out. If that was for the title then Ric Flair would have become champion.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Ok just checked, and the US Title was last defended on PPV at Armageddon in December 07, World Tag Titles at Survivor Series in November 07, WWE Tag Titles at Unforgiven in September 07, and the IC Title at Summerslam way way back in August 07, which is a whopping 8 months and counting. That means during Jeff Hardy's last reign, he never defended the title once on PPV, and in fact the last 8 title changes have all taken place on RAW, with the last PPV change being Johnny Nitro's win in June 06. These titles are becoming meaningless, due to there being no room on PPVs for them to fit in matches for these titles.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:23 pm

who cares. people still watch them
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I care, and I would hope other people did too. People may still watch them, but it is detrimental to the business. By doing this they create a huge gulf between the top tier guys and the ones below them, and in the process make it extremely difficult for a midcard wrestler to climb his way up to the top level, leaving us with the same guys facing each other over and over. These wrestlers also now miss out on PPV bonuses. On the whole, it is damaging to these wrestlers, and wrestling on a whole.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:28 am

I like seeing the midcard matches anyway. They fill in the gaps before the main events and most of the time, they are quite entertaining as well. I am sick of seeing all the big stars fighting each other. At Backlash, we will effectly see Cena-Orton 5 and Triple H - Orton 3. I want to see someone different in the main event but we all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:03 am

rock from niceboard wrote:
At Backlash, we will effectly see Cena-Orton 5 and Triple H - Orton 3.

No we won't, its a fatal four way, completely different to ANY of their single matches. it takes time to build main eventers, or should they rush someone?? Kennedy/MVP for example???

Cena was rushed and is ripped apart by the morons of the IWC at every opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:33 am

I don't think anyone should be rushed, but I think MVP and Kennedy should be in the main event scene, just on the edge, with a few world title shots, but also be in the mid-card maybe winning one of their titles, which is what they are trying to do now. But I think without the tri-branded PPV, it would be able to see if these wrestlers deserve main-event status, how they are taken to at PPVs and if they can cut it in the main-event, I would like to see a MVP/Taker match at a PPV soon, or even a MVP/Taker/Edge, he needs to pushed slowly but not as slow as he has been. It's been delayed because of Matt Hardy's injury of course, and I think he would be in the main-event already and we wouldn't like him as much if he had been pushed then, I think he needed the MITB at Wrestlemania and the Elimination Chamber, to make us sure that he could cut it in the main-event.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:30 pm

So CM Punk wasn't rushed then? Punk had only been with the WWE for about a year when he won MITB which kind of makes you a main eventer. I know he was probably only given MITB because Jeff got suspended but surely they could have given the MITB to Kennedy who was already on the fringes of the main event for a couple of years now. Kennedy could then cash it in and win a world title to finally establish himself as a main eventer or he could have kept it warm for Hardy until he dropped the MITB to Hardy. Surely Kennedy would have been a better choice to win MITB than Punk.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:04 pm

I think Punk was rushed, and I agree it should have gone to Kennedy, or Jericho, both who deserve to be in the main event, over CM Punk, and i would have been suprised if they had given it to MVP who still needs to have a month or two on the fringes. On another topic, how and when do you think Kennedy will get into the main event?
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Well, we will probably find out on Monday as he returns to RAW next week but I reckon he will get into a feud with Mick Foley which will eventually lead to Foley's finaly holy shit moment and Kennedy's big push into the main event. After the Foley feud, I can see Kennedy going after the WWE Champion who I think will be Triple H at the time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:04 am

thegunman84 wrote:
With the size of roster that WWE has, then separate PPV's for each brand is a better idea. With every PPV split between the 3 brands, there isn't an undercard and more often than not the tag titles, US and IC titles will be completely forgotten and not defended on PPV. While this does mean there are more big names on each PPV, with the absence of midcarders on PPV, they don't get the chance to become stars themselves.

100% Spot on!

I would love to see a return to at least a couple of PPVs per year where they are a certain brands own personal PPV

Like Guns says, It gives the Tag Team Titles and the UC/US titles more of a meaning, it would also allow certain brands to intorduce more stories and feuds and also more titles to there respective show!

I also believe that it would force Vince and the rest of the powers that be into a fairer split in the roster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PPVs at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPVs at the moment   PPVs at the moment Empty

Back to top Go down

PPVs at the moment
Page 1 of 1