Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Censored WWE

Go down 
+3
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Cruiserjim1
villarule19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:02 am

(OK from the outset, bcus I know what is going to come, I do not condone anything he did, Im just reporting what happened)

I went to see my mate thursday night. 2 of them in a band. Not bad night. It was the first time I had seen him for about 3 weeks, He had not long got back from wrestlemania. We discussed it, heard the usual like the "its better live"
"sheltons fall was insane", hes a mark and therfore "cena should have won". He made a holiday of it and also went to the Hall of fame the night before.

I know we never saw this live and the version that every1 saw washeavily censored. From the part where rock said wwf instead of wwe.

But the main part was when flair was being inducted, he spoke about his previous battles, and who he respects and the greatest wrestler he had ever watched or previously thought.................Chris benoit

He mentioned him up to 5 times, each time the fans cheered loudly and gave an ovation each time his name was mentioned.
My questions are, should wwe really censor something as stupid as getting the initials wrong, should they really try and erase voldermort from history

And whats your take on the crowds reaction

NOW, IF THERE ARE ANY PEOPLE EWHO RANT ABOUT WHAT HE DID THEN DO IT ELSEWHERE, THIS IS ABOUT WWE AND THE FANS
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 am

I have to say Benoit never really excited me as a wrestler I found him incerdibly boring, in response to your questions.

The WWE havre to censor the WWF as it cannot use it by law due to the World Wild Fderation you know the one with the panda since the court passed a restriction not allowing the WWE to use WWF in reference to wrestling,

I am undecided on erasing BEnoit as I said I never rated him and the crimes he commited were a disgrace to mankind but lets not forget he was a world champ I am sure there are other world champs in other sports who have commited henious crimes which have not been forgotten yet the champs are still remebered, but I think they should just strip him of all his titles and when he held the titles just announce them vacant similar to how they do in the olympics.
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 am

The thing is, to the 'outside world', he's a guy who killed his wife and kid, off his nuts on god knows how many steroids...

To us, no matter what he did, he's one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time, and going by comments made in Batista's and Jericho's autobiographies, a hugely respected locker room guy who helped a lot of other wrestlers...

The media would jump on WWE if they started mentioning Benoit in a 'positive' way, and we get back to the horrific publicity we had when it just happened, and I don't think Vince wants that kind of attention again just yet...

In regards to the WWF thing, WWE can't legally use those letters anymore, after a lawsuit from the charity, so that has to be censored out.
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 am

Did you really rate him thought Grecian because to be honest I never really understood the huge hype surrounding him never really thought he was so special nothing more than a contender for a mid card title in my opinion
Back to top Go down
ArtfulDodger
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:35 am

I liked him he had some great matches with Eddie Guerrero and Angle. The only time he did bore me was when he wrestled Angle and for some reason as both were technical wrestlers they spent more time on the mat rolling around then they did standing up.

I think he pulled off being a face and a heel very well
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:37 am

I am the opposite the matches with Angle really were the ones I liked but i think Angle carried him through them
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 am

Jim, I did rate him. He was one of those guys who could make his opponent look good, no matter who it was. I thought his match with MVP at Mania last year was the best match of the night (even though Batitsta / Taker was good, from a technical standpoint it was great and really elevated MVP). I do now find it very hard to watch his matches, especially when he puts the Crossface on, knowing what happened to his son, but looking back, he was great. He didn't get much by way of pops because he was a fairly quiet guy without the OTT personality, but still, I don't think Bret Hart had a OTT personality either..
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Do u think he would of been the 1 to retire flair...he speaks so highly of him
Back to top Go down
He is back
Regular
Regular
He is back

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:16 pm

maybe he would have been one of those guy who would be in the farewell things

i don't blame ric flair for mentioning his name, but it was his mate who can blame him.
i use to like benoit as the wrestler as he was a technical guy and many amateur techniques could be learned by watching his match.

but i was shocked when someone told me what he did.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:17 pm

villarule19 wrote:
Do u think he would of been the 1 to retire flair...he speaks so highly of him

That would have been highly likely i think, Flair has made it obvious what he thought of him as a wrestler, and for the man that had to retire him he was always gonna be the one to choose who did it, its obvious Flair was a huge fan of Benoits and respected him alot.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 pm

villarule19 wrote:
(OK from the outset, bcus I know what is going to come, I do not condone anything he did, Im just reporting what happened)

My questions are, should wwe really censor something as stupid as getting the initials wrong, should they really try and erase voldermort from history

And whats your take on the crowds reaction

NOW, IF THERE ARE ANY PEOPLE EWHO RANT ABOUT WHAT HE DID THEN DO IT ELSEWHERE, THIS IS ABOUT WWE AND THE FANS

Should they really to erase him from history?

I think even if they wanted to remember him, as a WRESTLER and nothing else i don't think they could, it would probably upset too many people, everyone is aware of him and knows that he was a great technical wrestler, put his body on the line and probably respected that, one of my favourite matches was the steel cage match he had with Angle, the moonsault from kurt and the headbut from the top were insane.

I think if they kept on refering to Benoit now, after what he did alot of people could get the impression that the company didn't care what happend, although that is far from the truth because that was Benoit as a person, not as a member of the WWE, i think it was a hard choice but it's probably best not to mention him, Vince has done the right thing IMO
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I am with Jim on this one, I can understand why people liked Benoit, he was technically great but for me his matches were boring as hell, they only time I enjoyed his matches is when he was in there with HBK or Y2J, I have no doubts he could school an opponent through a match and that is one of the main reasons he was going to be heading to ECW before he died, but I just thought his matches were far to boring to get into
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:21 pm

That my point Gaff as for a purist wrestling point he was good but this is ment to be sports entertainmnet not just wrestling so sorry but he just did not entertain me at all
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm

I think on the other points they had to edit out the Rock saying WWF for legal reasons, its the same reasons all links to the WWF on any DVD from pre WWE are blocked out now!

I also agree with the blocking out of cheers for Beniot, no one can accuse the WWE of supporting a child murderer, they are doing the right thing, Nancy and her son still have family out there and hearing cheers when it could have been edited out has to be the right thing to do!

The WWE cannot and will not be seen to help promote him in any way shape or form, if its a live event then fair enough, but as its not a live feed then they have the chance to edit it and I believe they did 100% the right thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Censored WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censored WWE   Censored WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Censored WWE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: