Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who did it first?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Just been reading a blog by Eric Bischoff and he claims that Vince McMahons 'Mr McMahon' character was a direct copy/rip-off of his 'Sleazy-E' character?

Is Bischoff right, did Sleazy-E happen Vince created Mr McMahon?

and if he did and he's right and McMahon did copy Eric then maybe Montreal wasn't resposible for creating the Mr McMahon character.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't think Montreal was responsible for the character to be honest, it was something that McMahon wanted to do and was in the process of doing, first allowing Bret to publicly name him as the owner, something that wasn't referred much to, having Shawn then refer him to the owner in a worked shoot on Hart, then the whole DX thing which would allow them to 'break kayfabe' and also highlighting the MSG incident on RAW and claiming McMahon wasn't happy at that either!

Now if all of this where truly shoots then McMahon would not allow any of this to be aired on RAW which was taped back then anyway and certainly wasn't shown until Friday here in the UK

McMahon was desperate to get involved as the 'BIG I AM' and Montreal fell at a perfect time, but even in the aftermath of that McMahon did not hog the show, he simply allowed it to continue, Stone Cold Steve Austin was the real birth place of the Mr McMahon character in my opinion, that was his big shoo-in the door, that was the opening he was looking for and when it came he didn't disappoint and neither did a guy who eventually became his arch nemeses.

Montreal was in my opinion just the act of a desperate man who did something that I myself would have done if it where my company that was at stake.
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm

McMahon did it first, during the jerry Lawler/Hart fued of 93
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Rerun wrote:
McMahon did it first, during the jerry Lawler/Hart fued of 93

Help me out here, I remember that feud well but don't know what its got to do with McMahon
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 pm

I meant in relation to the first post, The 'Mr McMahon' character was used welll before the 'Sleazy E' character of WCW

https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk/related-videos-and-promotional-stuff-f6/mcmemphis-mcmahon-in-memphis-wrestling-doc-t1478.htm
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:50 pm

When did Bischoff join the nWo?
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Eric joined the nwo on the 18th Novemeber '96 broadcast of Nitro and was revealed as the boss of WCW a week previous.

Seems Vince did copy Eric.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Rerun wrote:
I meant in relation to the first post, The 'Mr McMahon' character was used welll before the 'Sleazy E' character of WCW

https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk/related-videos-and-promotional-stuff-f6/mcmemphis-mcmahon-in-memphis-wrestling-doc-t1478.htm

Yea I know what you meant, but like I said, I can remember the Hart Lawler feud but cannot remember McMahon in this feud, so can you help me out and explain your answer please, cheers
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
Eric joined the nwo on the 18th Novemeber '96 broadcast of Nitro and was revealed as the boss of WCW a week previous.

Seems Vince did copy Eric.

Most things in wrestling are recycled though, most things that work are tried and sometimes work out better, look at Goldberg, he was a blatent rip off of Ken Shamrock and look at the success he enjoyed with WCW compared to the stint Shamrock had in the WWF

I think Eric was probably first to be the on screen big boss BUT the WWE had been doing if for years anyway with guys like Jack Tunney Gorilla Monsoon and Roddy Piper all playing on screen bosses, the fact is though Vince done it and did it better than Eric although if Bish had better backing who knows
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:09 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
look at Goldberg, he was a blatent rip off of Ken Shamrock

sorry, I don't think you've ever written anything I agree less with!
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:12 pm

I see what you mean now I think about it, sort of!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Marty I think Eric Bischoff himself stated Ken Shamrock was the makings of the Goldberg character when he was accused of it being a rip off of Stone Cold.

I remember reading about it years ago although I could not tell you where, I shall have a look to see if I can find anything on it
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:21 pm

No I can see where you (and Eric) are coming from now I think about it, basically a shoot fighter gimmick isn't it?!

I never got it when people said Goldberg was a rip of Austin.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:25 pm

I think it was because both were bald to be honest with you, as stupid as it seems, both bald with little black trunks and boots, thats where the similarities began and ended right there IMO

About Goldberg/Shamrock, yea I could see that, a shooter fighter who was prone to lose control from time to time and would appear to be unstoppable, I always thought Shamrock would have been a good main event guy in the WWE, I think he headlined a couple of PPV's but not enough to be considered full time M/E
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:06 pm

He headlined Degeneration X:IYH with HBK and that was it.

I think he was quality.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Just the one it is then, I new about the DX IYH but I thought there might have been another one slid in there somewhere so left it open by saying a couple HA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who did it first? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did it first?   Who did it first? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who did it first?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: