Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A PPV to die for

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Using previous legendary PPV matches, take 8-10 matches and mould them all into one match card that you would think would make an awsome PPV. use the same person twice if you have to...

Spoiler:

Match 1 - Taken from WM17

TLC match for the tag team titles

Hardyz v Dudleyz v Edge and Christian

Match 2 - Taken from WM19

Chris Jericho v Shawn Micheals

Match 3 - Taken from WM 19
WWE championship

Kurt Angle v Brock Lesnar

Match 4 - Taken from KOTR 1998

Undertaker v Mankind

Match 5 - Taken from Summerslam 95
TLC for IC title

Razor Ramon v HBK

Match 6 - Taken from Armageddon 2000

Rikishi v Kurt Angle v SCSA v Rock v HHH v Undertaker

Match 7 - Taken from KOTR 01

Shan Mcmahon v Kurt Angle

Match 8 - Taken from WM17

Rock v Austin

Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm

I think for it to work we should only be allowed to select one wrestler per show

like only having Rock Austin Angle Michaels and Taker in one of the chosen matches
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Good thread though!
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:19 pm

yeh i no, was gonna do another one when i can be bothered to think more about it
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:24 pm

Im going to write mines down just now then get the matches for it later

The Macho Man Randy Savage v Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat - WM3
Hardyz v Dudleyz v Edge and Christian - WM17
The Ultimate Warrior v Ravishing Rick Rude - SummerSlam 89
Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Owen Hart - SummerSlam 94
Shawn Michaels v Razor Ramon - WM10
The Undertaker v Mankind - HIAC - King Of The Ring 98
Triple H v Y2J Chris Jericho - Judgment Day 2002
The Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin - WM19
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Sting Vs "Hollywood" Hogan - Starrcade 97

Big Van Vader Vs Bam Bam Bigelow - Some NJPW Supercard

Terry Funk Vs Cactus Jack - IWA KOTD 95

HHH Vs Owen Hart - Wrestlemania 14

Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels - Bad Blood 97 or Royal Rumble 98 (can't choose between them)

DDP Vs Benoit Vs Raven - Uncensored 98

Onita Vs Hayabusa - An FMW Supercard

Bret Hart Vs Austin - Wrestlemania 13

Super Leather & The Headhunters Vs "Gladiator" Mike Awesome, Oya and Horace Boulder - Annual Kawasaki Supercard (1996)

Ultimate Warrior Vs Randy Savage - Wrestlemania 7

This would be the best card imaginable lol.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:04 am

I was going to take the Savage Warrior match but for an out and out wrestlefest I choose Savage and Steamboat, doubt any all time great PPV could be complete without one of the greatest matches ever on the grandest stage
Back to top Go down
GRECIAN-IN-BATH
Spammer
Spammer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Good thread! I'm kinda shite at embedding stuff, so I'll just write mine down too...

In no particular order...

Warrior / Hogan WM6 (I marked out massively for this match as a kid)
Eddie Guerrero / Rhyno / Beniot / Tajiri SummerSlam 2003 (I think) - the ebst fatal 4 way ever)
Rock / Austin WM19 - austin's last match
HBK / Flair WM24 - HBK at his best.
HHH / Foley - Rumble 2000 streetfight
Kurt / Undertaker - No Way Out 2006 taker's best 1 on 1 non-gimmick match ever.
Edge & Christian / hardyz / Dudleys TLC Summerslam 2000
savcage / Steamboat - just incredible
Bret Hart / British Bulldog - Summerslam 92 - my all-time favourite match.

this was trickier than I thought - if I could use the same wrestler more than once, Foley / Taker (HIAC), Kurt / HBK (WM19), Edge / Foley (WM22), Bret / Austin (WM13) were ones that I had listed then rejected...
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Mine aren't all previous PPV matches, but here goes:

Opener: Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero (Halloween Havoc 97)
Jerry Lynn vs RVD (Living Dangerously 99)
Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit (Wrestlemania X-7)
Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino (Supercard of Honor)
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart (Cage-Summerslam 94)
AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe (Unbreakable 2005)
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (HIAC Bad Blood 97)
Kenta Kobashi vs Mitsuhara Misawa (March 2003)
The Rock vs Steve Austin (Wrestlemania X-7)
Main Event: Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair (2/3 Falls-Clash of the Champions VI)
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm

GRECIAN-IN-BATH wrote:

Edge & Christian / hardyz / Dudleys TLC Summerslam 2000

Ive not seen this match, would you rate it higher than the WM17 match??
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Its all about personal preferences and how you enjoyed the endings

Many believe the Michaels Ramon SummerSlam 95 rematch was better than the Mania 10 match because Michaels won, or prefer the Austin Rock WM17 match because Austin won, I preferred the WM10 match and the WM19 rematch with Austin Rock
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:40 pm

i was trying to choose between the wm17 and WM19 rock/austin match, you really are splitting hairs trying to choose between the two, i like them both for different reasonsm the WM17 one shades it just for me tho
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 pm

I still enjoyed their first match at Wrestlemania 15 the most. The build up was quality, Rock had some amazing heat (more than Austin could ever get in Texas lol) and the match was mint.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 pm

I think many choose the WM17 match simply because it was the climax to an excellent PPV, liek the icing on the cake, I prefer the WM19 for other reasons, the fact it was there last match together, Austins last match and the all round fun they had doing the match made it more enjoyable and no sudden interference or shock climax needed, and the footage of the two after the match made you realise just how much love they have for each other!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Discopants wrote:
I still enjoyed their first match at Wrestlemania 15 the most. The build up was quality, Rock had some amazing heat (more than Austin could ever get in Texas lol) and the match was mint.

I enjoyed that, but I thought the winner was too predictable for the top show, the one thing I didn't know about the other two was who would win although by the time Mania 19 came along you got the feeling that Rocky would by law of averages have to be booked to win one of them, particularly with it being a well known 'secret' Austin was finished
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
Spammer
Spammer
thegunman84

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Yeah all 3 matches were great, but X-7 was my personal favourite out of them all. Everything was done to perfection, from the build up to the video package set to My Way by Limp Bizkit (I fucking hate that song but it worked perfectly in the setting), to the match itself and how many times you think it's over. I got totally sucked into that match and does a great job of making you suspend disbelief, which so very few matches accomplish.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:12 am

the-gaffer wrote:
I think many choose the WM17 match simply because it was the climax to an excellent PPV, liek the icing on the cake, I prefer the WM19 for other reasons, the fact it was there last match together, Austins last match and the all round fun they had doing the match made it more enjoyable and no sudden interference or shock climax needed, and the footage of the two after the match made you realise just how much love they have for each other!

To be honest that is the main reason why i chose the WM17 match, it was the perefect climax to the perfect PPV, the WM19 match was amazing, The Rock as a heel in that match was so bloody entertaining, i dont think we will ever see a more entertaining performer than the rock, i mean Santino is great comedy on the mic, but Rock some how brings his entertainment to his matches, brilliant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A PPV to die for Empty
PostSubject: Re: A PPV to die for   A PPV to die for Empty

Back to top Go down

A PPV to die for
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: