Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Faces...

Go down 
+6
Doomhammer
villarule19
Rerun
Pablo
Marty McFry
Discopants
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 am

This is a blatant rip from Mafish's "The Voices" article the other day but instead of voices who would you say were the three people you would most associate with the four major companies. Say the situation is a DVD which chronicles the company from it's very start to the present day and you need to pick three faces to go on the front of each one. They might not be the best, you might even hate them but who would you choose who most sums up that company and it's history.

WWF/E
I would pick Hogan, Undertaker and Austin for this. There are so many to choose from but I've gone for a mix of eras. You have Hogan who propelled the company initially and helped turn it into a sports entertainment product. You can't deny his importance in doing this. Next I would pick Austin who stands for one of the most successful periods in WWF history, the attitude era. He was HUGE and the most over person of his time (IMO). Austin was the number one man of WWF for a number of years and that is impressive considering the competition. I would also have the Undertaker on because he is pure WWF/E. Someone who has been in WWF for so long and has always been in and around the main event. He's had countless memorable feuds and brilliant matches over all these years and he's stillextremely popular.

ECW
For ECW I think The Sandman, Terry Funk and Shane Douglas. For me these three represent ECW perfectly. You have The Sandman who was ridiculously popular considering his ability but that isn't what ECW was about. It was about being individual and being close to the fans and Sandman was a fantastic fan favourite. Then Terry Funk. This man is hardcore, always has been and always will be. Who else learns a moonsault when their in their 50's? He was a consistently brilliant performer for ECW and pushed himself to to do amazing things. Just watch him and Sabu in the barbed wire match. Then Shane Douglas, The Franchise of ECW. This fella was vital in the change from Eastern to Extreme Championship Wrestling and (daringly) broke the NWA connection in true ECW style. He ushered in the truly brutal era of ECW everyone remembers and for that, he should be there.

TNA
Don't really know, don't watch it. I'll say Jarett because he founded it (I think), Kurt Angle because he's arguably the biggest name they have and Samoa Joe because I think of him when I think TNA. Don't bother ripping me for this lol, I know jack shit about TNA.

WCW
This is the toughest IMO. But I would choose Sting, Goldberg (hate the bastard but still) and Hogan (again!). Sting because he is total WCW, been there since the start and was incredibly over as the blonde flat-top kid and then dark crow persona. Has to be the greatest character development of all time, such a huge change but it worked perfectly. He's feuded with basically everyone in WCW and I believe he was the best wrestler (not technically) they ever had at main event level. As for Goldberg, my hatred aside, he was a massive star. The fans loved him instantly and he shot up through the WCW ranks. He was a big part of WCW for years and practically indispensable. The fact he went up through the seemingly untouchable guys showed how over he was. Then Hogan, again. Like I said, it's choosing who sums up the company and Hogan, sadly, does. He was a huge babyface and the NWO angle basically set up his character for the next 5-6 years. But with that one angle it made WCW what it was and he was at the top of WCW right from when he came there. Arguably, he was just as instrumental in its downfall too but that just emphasises how much of WCW consisted of Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:14 am

WCW: Sting, Flair and the nWo

WWF: Hogan, Austin, Bret Hart

TNA: Jerret, Joe, Angle

ECW: Dreamer, RVD, Sandman
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:19 am

i think you hit the nail on the head with all of them disco.

to be different from yours, i'll have different people

WWF/E:
The Rock for the attitude Era simply because he was the most popular with the fans and was far better on the mic than anyone else.
before that i cant go with anyone else other than hogan, he was simply THE face of the WWF.

ECW:
the face of ECW, in my opinion has to be RVD and sabu. these guys raised the bar for everyone and mixed technical style with airial threats as well as bashing the shit out of anyone with anything they could find.

TNA:
jeff jarrett was the biggest star for a while with TNA, 2 time kotm winner and i think 4 time world champ with the company. right behind him, before TNA was mainstream. it would have to be the phenomenal AJ styles because he won the triple crown THREE times in TNA and continuously excited the fans

WCW:
up until hogan took the spotlight with his creative control. without a doubt the biggest face in dubya-see-dubya had to be ric flair. since the NWA days he was the biggest draw, and i think he headlined every starrcade for about a decade and was always either fighting for the title or fighing to keep it. even after hogans arrival, he was still massive in the company
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Dirty Leecher
Dirty Leecher
Rerun

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:21 pm

WWE/F - Hogan/MichaelsUndertaker

WCW - Flair/Sting/Luger

ECW - RVD/Sabu/Raven

TNA - AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Christopher Daniels

Last edited by Rerun on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:45 pm

People that remind me of ECW are- Sabu….RVD…..Terry Funk and Shane Douglas

WCW are, Sting, Goldberg, Russo and booker T

WWE/F is rocky, hbk, stone cold and Hogan

TNA are AJ, Joe, Jarrett and Abyss
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:24 pm

WWE: The Rock, HBK, Hogan

WCW: Sting, Goldberg, Nash

TNA: AJ, Jarrett, Joe

ECW: Sandman, Dreamer, Funk
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm

What a good artile Disco Razz

Yeah I would go with
WWF/E.
Hogan (of course) he did give WWF it's first major nation wide exposure. The CLASSIC baby face at a time where the mark's really took that in.
The Rock, the mouth peice of WWF/E, one of the most entertaining guy's ever in the WWF/E, and a great 'Rise Of...' story to his WWF/E career too.
DX, in a time when the stable almost defined the company, they were ATTITUDE, just before the Attitude Era, kinda like "If this work's..." feel to them and the attitude they carried.

WCW.
Sting, I cant think of one other man, that standing alone, could be called The Face Of WCW. He was WCW, more so than NWO, Bischoff etc. He will alway's define what WCW was back in the '90's.
NWO, I really dont think ANY stable has made ripple's as NWO did, and I have to admit, even after all these incarnation's of NWO in organisation's the world over, and how stale it got, I woulda still liked to see how Bischoff's plan to make NWO a seperate wrestling company would've worked out.
GOLDBERRRRG! 'Nuff said with the name really. The guy had possibly (and Im not gonna look this up) the biggest undefeated streak's in wrestling history. What was it when Nash got him? 180 or something? I dunno, off top that lol. The thing is, he was, like Sting, synominous with WCW and no one made quite a solo impact like he did. Even if you dont like him, personally he is overrated, but that's why he is on this list, because he is overRATED.

TNA. Jarret defo, the founder, the biggest heel to work TNA, even though he had to be in every big angle, he was entertaining. He is TNA (imo).
AJ Styles, TNA at the start wouldn't have been the same without him, among a few other's. He shaped it, he did ANYTHING they wanted of him. Work ethic is second to none. An X Division pioneer (as they used to call 'em).
For my third I dont wanna stick just one guy, it's so hard to chose, so Im gonna go with The X Division. Innovative, not a lazy, untalented worker amongst 'em. Alway's top notch matches, I mean look at who's been involved... AJ, Daniels, Low Ki, Joe, Jerry Lynn, Shelly, Sabin, Jay Lethal, Sanjay Dutt, Amazing Red, Kid Kash, Kaz, the list goes on and on...

ECW. Tazz, the first big star of ECW. The voice of ECW.
Raven just bled ECW, he didn't give a fuck about what people thought about his angle's, I think he was just trying to entertain himself with all that shit lol.
The Dudley Boyz, I dont think any other Tag Team/ Stable pisswed the fan's off so much, heat? These guy's were Heat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

The Faces... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces...   The Faces... EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:59 pm

WCW - Flair Sting nWo
WWF/E - Austin, The Rock, HBK
TNA - Cage, Joe, AJ Styles
ECW - Tazz, Sandman, RAVEN