Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The floundering Tag scene

Go down 
+5
Doomhammer
Papashango
Discopants
invincibleILeak
Sexton_hardcastle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

The floundering Tag scene Empty
PostSubject: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:19 am

Now since the new features on wwe's latest game included a high emphasis on tag teams, we thought that all of a sudden the tag division would start to nod in the direction of what it once was, great.

But it has not.

So im asking you the pairings you would like to see.

The rivalries that would give the belts credit

and genral tag related piffle.

Hopefully this sunday the belt lies in the hands of actuall tag teams, who wrestle as a unit and can pull off some good tag moves. (anyone but swoggle) And hopefully on smackdown too.

but then still there is only 2 or 3 teams on the show, one of which has not wrestled properly in ages (major brothers)

so will wwe soon rectify this, or release a game that makes no sense in current times and look like prize fools?
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:29 am

Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjiman vs. Londrick

Atheletism vs. High-flyers

Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjiman would be a perfect match, or Elijah and D'Lo.

I hope Londrick will form again, and quite soon, I do think it will happen, I seem to remember WWE splitting them up before, only to reform them again.

All could improve on the mic and the matches would be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:35 am

The tricky thing is once you let the tag division turn to shit (like it has) it's really hard to build it back up. If you put two nobodies together then nobody cares (obviously) unless you bring them in as part of a decent story (see Edgeheads) or build them up over a long time. The other option is stick to already popular people together like Mix and Morrison but there's only a certain amount of people you can do that with and it often results in the fan favouring one more like Morrison and the team will break up.

Out of the current roster I would like to see two new teams come out the middle card of each show, more so Smackdown. Big Show as part of a team with someone could work with maybe someone like Kozlov or Umaga. A good powerful tag team.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:38 am

it wouldnt harm the wwe too, i dont get why tags got forgotten, its a way of ending matches differantly than singles ones. more variation if done right.

tag match on ecw was pretty decent. wouldnt mind if the hardys used ecw to fight as a tag team, but it probably wont happen much, pleases fans though

some teams id like:

D-Lo and burchill, similar size i reckon, they could beleivebly win what theyd like, and it gets 2 guys who should be on the shows, on the shows, without risking a top names screen time as 4 in one match is a pretty simple way of evening out the show to utilize talent.

Burke and k kwick, older guy and younger guy again, helping eachother to make an impact. Similar look about them if they both had dreads etc, wwe likes similarities

Striker and noble, or santino and noble, or santino and striker: simple talk a good game, funny guys, can WRESTLE (presumably santino can)

add those 3 to cryme tyme, major bros, priceless and theres already 3 teams per show. good enough for now oh and Jes+Fes

miz and morrison move to singles on ecw and smackdown then...

wouldnt mind carlito being a tag guy, if hes not going to be in midcard singles rivalries with shelton kennedy jeff etc
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:40 am

that solves it dusnt it disco lad??

all from the top of me head too. and wouldnt cut into raw smackdown or ecws midcard singles and main event plans. but they are all talented and very watchable
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:48 am

I like the idea of Carlito in there somewhere too.

They all sound pretty workable actually but I think Raw would do OK without any tag division really. With Smackdown and ECW it's more versatile, more time and less big names. I would love to see some of them teams actually come together but can you see an improvement coming?

Maybe if Horny and Finlay win then no.

But if they don't and the belts come to Smackdown, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:49 am

well if raw didnt have a tag scene then this would happen.

BIG BLANK SPACE because cryme tyme and priceless would feck off. and tbh they are all worthy of main show entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:54 am

Obviously the ideal thing would be unify the belts and have a nice open policy with them without brand restrictions but that's never gonna happen.

I just think Raw can sustain itself without a tag division but then again they could really get good scene going. How much of any of this stuff can you see happening though?
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 am

depends if vince is browsing today.

wel see anyway wont we, wel see.

chances of burke being used on the midcard though HA none
Back to top Go down
Papashango
Actimel Regular
Actimel Regular
Papashango

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 2:07 am

did you ever see the lethal lottery in wcw in the early 90's?
i thought it was quite good, something like 20 tag teams were formed by a random draw, then they all had one match and the winning team from each match went through to a battle royal main event thing. I think that could work as a way to make a couple of new teams perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 am

Londrick isn't a tag team any more....

Kendrick's on smackdown, and he's got a new gimmick (cocky heel with huge black guy named Ezikiel with him). Thi is the first night i've watched smackdown since the draft, is this new?

He's gonna be pushed hard too.

Described by JR and Foley as an attitiude era HBK, and as arn anderson.
Back to top Go down
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:19 pm

I know. That's why I wrote reform
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:06 pm

I would bring Carlito's brother up from FCW and form a tag team from those two.
I would also have Elijah Burke and Ron Killings team up. Same with D Lo Brown and Shelton Benjamin.

Put Ron Simmonds with Val Venis for an experienced tag team with two veterans in or even reform the APA for a little while. Put London in with Helms when Helms returns and put Super Crazy with Shannon Moore. And you could also have Striker and Noble plus Santino and Chuck Palumbo.

You have a possible 9 tag teams there which would improve WWE's tag team scene no end.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Papashango wrote:
did you ever see the lethal lottery in wcw in the early 90's?
i thought it was quite good, something like 20 tag teams were formed by a random draw, then they all had one match and the winning team from each match went through to a battle royal main event thing. I think that could work as a way to make a couple of new teams perhaps?

Didn't TNA do something like that?

the very definition of clusterfuck it was too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:00 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

not in the last year they didn't
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Quote :

Really? Is that so...........

stomp
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

Wrong! it was at sacrafice only a few months ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Total_Nonstop_Action_Wrestling_tournaments#Deuces_Wild_Tournament
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:10 pm

What the fuck?? that is exactly what I JUST posted, see the link Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Oh sorry i thought it was just blue writting sorry lol plus its a diffrent page anyways sorry once again
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:17 pm

Meh whatever, point is Doom is wrong. lol

stomp

AGAIN
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 pm

yeah, i forgot about that part of the tournament, since every team made there was eliminated in the first round.....

thanks for correcting me however.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 pm

No problem, anytime.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 pm

D'lo and Elijah Burke would be a good pairing!
Chavo and Bam Neely
Ricky Ortiz and Chris Harris
Carlito and Kenny Dykstra

out of all of those only really Chavo are doing something at the moment and even then its hardly significant since he jobbed to Bourne in about 3 minutes on last weeks ECW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The floundering Tag scene   The floundering Tag scene Empty

Back to top Go down

The floundering Tag scene
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: