Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Voices...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 pm

...No this aint about me losing any marble's...

Through the year's, and through the different promotion's there have been many commentator's, some of which you will only hear their voice when you think back of the promotion they called, ie Joey Styles> The voice of ECW, with that, what would you bill as the voice of:
WWF
WWE
WCW
ECW
Or any other you feel is relevent....

On WCW, they had quite a few commentator's over the year's, Eric Bischoff, Steve McMichael, Bobby Heenan, Larry Zbyszko, Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, Scott Hudson, Mark Madden etc.

When I think of the old WCW I alway's hear the distinct voice's of either Schivone or Bobby Heenan, for year's they were the voice of WCW, along with Mike Tenay, but he is shit IMO. Bobby Heenan especially, I think he was one of the best colour commentator's, even in WWF he was great, bouncing off Vince and Savage.

WWF, the original Raw team (yeah Im going from the first Raw, if you like do it from the old '80's commentator's) was Vince McMahon, Rob Bartlett and "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Sean Mooney conducted the interviews and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, who replaced Bartlett. and was replaced by Gorilla Monsoon. Then Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross and McMahon, then Kevin Kelly, Michael Cole and Jim Ross. When the Attitude Era hit. Around '98 it was set to J.R and The King on full time announcing duties for Raw, and in 1999 with the introduction of SD, Lawler took seat again with Micheal Cole, untill being replaced with Tazz, who in later year's would be replaced with John Bradshaw Layfield who in turn would be replaced with Mick Foley.

For the voice of WWF (before WWE or the brand split) I would say the voice of that time would either be McMahon or King. Loved McMahon on commentary, especialy with Bret having a go at him and him keeping tight lipped lol. With Vince leaving the commentary seat was the end of that era, and ushered in the Attitude Era. And King, when he was heel was great to listen to calling matches, alway's coming out with great one-liner's, and bigging up the heel's, not as well as Heenan but still...

Any way, your turn...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Voice of the WWF - Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura (Bobby Heenen is the best ever but they way these two jostled with each other was a match within a match

Voice of WWE - Jim Ross and The King
Voice of WCW - Tony Schivone and Bobby Heenan
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:22 pm

WWF: Gorilla Monsoon/Bobby Heenan
WWE: JR/King
WCW: Tony Schiavone
ECW: Adamle....lol, nah, Styles
TNA....who cares?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
WWF: Gorilla Monsoon/Bobby Heenan
WWE: JR/King
WCW: Tony Schiavone
ECW: Adamle....lol, nah, Styles
TNA....who cares?

This.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 pm

I loved Heenan and Monsoon but I preferred them on Wrestling Challenge or Prime Time when they really stole the show

I think McMahon/Monsoon and Ventura done most of the PPV's around the time of the late 80s although Bobby Heenan's performance at the 1992 Royal Rumble was the best bit of announcing you will ever hear!

Any would be heel commentator MUST be made to sit through that entire show and learn from the master
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 am

WWF for me would be McMahon and Lawler. I loved how McMahon was such a massive prude and got over excited on every pinning attempt. Lawler took the piss loads too, good times. It was good when JR was thrown into the mix too, that worked quite nicely.

WCW has to be Heenan, Schiavone and Tenay. They were brilliant, great chemistry together. I hated when Dusty Rhodes did commentary though (Starrcade 97, he filled in for Heenan, AHHHH!!!!), really annoying fella to listen to. But in terms of voices of the company I loved Mean Gene, what a legend. His interviews were great, he could do anything really well and made promos that extra bit better. Ten times better announcer than Finkle too or any other WWF/E have had too.

I guess WWE has to be King and JR really, who until recently, were really good. Why they turned King face I'll never know, maybe he was too risqué for the kiddies. To be fair in the late 90's they both made dirty jokes but that was the peak of WWF naughtyness. Didn't mind Heyman and JR either, they worked well because you felt like they genuinely hated each other. Lawler hardly ever got JR angry but Heyman got him radgey loads of times (in character btw).

ECW is Styles obviously who I was never a big fan of to be honest. Yeah, he carried matches well on his own but why? Just get someone else, he's been vastly overrated IMO. Most of his chemistry consisted of "Oh My God!" and that's about it. I know people might hammer me for this but I really never got the whole Joey Styles thing.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:15 am

Im not one for harping back to ECW of old BUTTTTTTTTTTT ha, this occasion merits it, Styles in the original ECW was different class, he had to wind it in a little with the E
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

The Voices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Voices...   The Voices... EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Styles > Cole
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
Sponsored content

The Voices... Empty